Illinois General Assembly 1/3/2013

mauserme

In a day straight from the annals of Byzantium, Senators Kotowski and Muñoz managed to amend two otherwise useful bills into further attempts to ignore their increasingly regular losses in court. They now appear on our watch list as HB815 and HB1263, both at third reading, and both acting as reminders that the idea of open government is a concept that flies too high for the minds of some legislators.

All members and guests are encouraged to visit the Illinois General Assembly Dashboard in order to file witness slips in OPPOSITION to Senate Amendment 3 to HB815 and Senate Amendment 7 to HB1263. File early as the committee is scheduled for 11 AM.

Another bill, HB1237, has become an amendment to the FOID Act and is listed as neutral pending additional review.

The Senate is scheduled for 10:00 AM today. The House is not in.

Senate Calendar

10:00 AM

Senate Audio/Video Link

HB0815 - Safety Tech

Oppose - Senate Amendment 1, Senate Amendment 2, Senate Amendment 3

House Sponsor: Madigan, Holbrook

Senate Sponsor: Kotowski, Muñoz, Collins (Jacqueline)

Senate Amendment 1

Senate Amendment 2

Senate Amendment 3 (Postponed)

HB1237 - Crime Victim Rights Act

Neutral

House Sponsor: Mayfield, Ford, Sacia, Lang, Golar

Senate Sponsor: Hutchinson, Millner, Noland, Raoul, Link, Dillard, Hunter, Collins (Jacqueline)

Senate Amendment 3

Senate Amendment 6

HB1263 - Crim Cd Sex Offender Minor Victim

Oppose - Senate Amendment 5, Senate Amendment 6, Senate Amendment 7

House Spinsor: Farnham, Mussman, Reboletti, Sacia, Zalewski, Lyons, Bellock, D'Amico, Franks

Senate Sponsor: Antonio Muñoz, Milner (removed 1/3/2013), Collins (Jacqueline)

Senate Amendment 5

Senate Amendment 6

Senate Amendment 7 (Postponed)

HB5151 - Premises Liability Firearm Range

Neutral as Amended

House Sponsor: Verschoore, Beiser

Senate Sponsor: Jacobs

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Premises Liability Act. Provides that an owner or operator of a firearm range placed in operation after January 1, 1994 is immune from criminal liability and is not subject to any action for public or private nuisance or trespass arising out of or as a consequence of noise or sound emissions resulting from the normal use of the firearm range if: all areas from which a firearm may be properly discharged are at least 500 (rather than 1,000) yards from any occupied permanent dwelling on adjacent property; or the firearm range met those requirements at the time the range began its operation and subsequently an occupied permanent dwelling on adjacent property was built within 500 (rather than 1,000) yards from an area of the range from which a firearm may be properly discharged. Effective immediately.

Senate Committee Amendment No. 1

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Premises Liability Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning firearm ranges.

Senate Amendment 2

Senate Committee(s)

Senate Executive Committee - 11:00 AM

Senate Amendment 3 to HB815 - Safety Tech

Senate Amendment 7 to HB1263 - Cd Corr Sex Off minor Victom

Other Senate Bills

SB0681 - FOID Ammunition Shipment - Support/Passed Both Houses/Governor Amendatory Veto/Veto Overridden/Public Act 97-1135

SB1034 - Controlled Substance Cathinone - Neutral as Amended/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-1131

SB3533 - Wildlife Code Case Definition - Support/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-1027

Other House Bills

AHR0757 - Firearm Task Force Due Date - Neutral/Adopted as Amended

HB1907 - Crim Cd Crim Pro RICO - Oppose/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-0686

HB4063 - FOID Firearms (Uncle Harley's BB Gun Bill) - Support/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-0776

HB4498 - Crim Cd Firearm Felon & Minor - Oppose/Lost 42/60/4

HB4673 - Crim Cd FOID - Neutral/Passed Both Houses/Governor Amendatory Veto/Bill Dead

HB4819 - Wildlife Tech (Crossbows Deer) - Neutral/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-0907

HB4901 - Criminal Law Tech (Military Reenactor) - Support/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-0936

HB5682 - Crim Cd Security Training - Support/Passed Both Houses/Public Act 97-1010

Next Days Scheduled

House: 1/6/2013

Senate:: 1/4/2013 1/8/2013

Senate Calendar 1-3-2013.pdf

Senate Supplemental Calender No 1 1-3-2013.pdf

Senate Supplemental Calender No 2 1-3-2013.pdf

I copied it but here it is:

Click this link to go to the new dashboard.

Click the box to the right of Public Health.

Click "Creae a Witness Slip" for each of the bills individually.

Fiil in name, address, etc. Use "na" for Firm, Business or Agency, Title, and Person Group or Firm represented

Your position will be "opponent" - click the radio button next to that.

Testimony is "Record of Apperance Only"

Be patient with the capcha characters

Got it now. I see there another bill by Munoz HB3450.

I'm tempted to file a witness slip in opposition to that as well, but I'm not sure what it's about.

Yea I seen that too. Its for craft distilleries. But from what I can read in the text, I'm not positive but, I think it increases what they are allowed to make under a certain class 9 license. So I aint gunna touch that one with out knowing for sure.

Edit: Just found more text way lower giving specific places a license can be given too.... still unsure tho....

Archived