Photo

Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#121 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

Kevin, Washington County went green last night too. :-)

http://nash-news.com...nty-resolution/
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#122 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

So does that make 8 now?

#123 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

At least nine.
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#124 steveTA84

• 4,767 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:14 AM

Hopefully it keeps going. 9% of the counties defying it is a good start though

#125 RANDY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Vandalia leader union had an article about Fayette County passing it also a couple weeks ago. 

One persons paranoia is another persons situational awareness.

Fastest way to end violence is to ban Democrats. 

#126 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

So does that make 8 now?

Up to 10 now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2018.05.17.png

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#127 InterestedBystander

• 6,612 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Sounds like some more possibilities but not completely sure what they passed

https://jg-tc.com/ne...282fe52a75.html

...The Clark County Board is scheduled Friday morning to consider approving a proposal to proclaim Clark County as a gun sanctuary...

..The Cumberland County Board approved a gun sanctuary resolution on May 8, the Christian County Board approved one of these resolutions on Tuesday, and the Shelby County Board is scheduled to consider a gun sanctuary resolution...

edit for Christian County: http://www.pantagrap...e86702b33b.html

Edited by InterestedBystander, 21 May 2018 - 09:41 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#128 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,175 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

So does that make 8 now?

Up to 10 now.

The map is beautiful, greening up quite nicely!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#129 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:47 AM

So does that make 8 now?

Up to 10 now.

The map is beautiful, greening up quite nicely!

Agreed. We need to continue the momentum. Expect a BIG turnout in Jackson County on the 22nd for their board meeting. People are livid.

~Frederick Douglass~

#130 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like some more possibilities but not completely sure what they passed

https://jg-tc.com/ne...282fe52a75.html

...The Clark County Board is scheduled Friday morning to consider approving a proposal to proclaim Clark County as a gun sanctuary...

..The Cumberland County Board approved a gun sanctuary resolution on May 8, the Christian County Board approved one of these resolutions on Tuesday, and the Shelby County Board is scheduled to consider a gun sanctuary resolution...

Updated map. Let me know if there are mistakes.

Clark County delayed. Guess they have a lawyer there that never heard of nullification. Wants to seek legal counsel before moving forward.

Attached Thumbnails

• Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2018.05.18.png

Life Member, NRA

#131 Woodrift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Will County board is now considering it as well.

https://thewillcount...ion-on.html?m=1

#132 captdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

As residents of Macon County, Illinois, we are calling on the Macon County Board to vote in favor of making Macon County, Illinois a Sanctuary County for Gun Ownership, also referred to as the "Right To Keep And Bear Arms" in Macon County. The right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed as an individual right under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and under the Constitution of the State of Illinois. The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the People of Macon County, Illinois. The numerous bills that continue to be filed in Springfield are a direct violation of our Second Amendment Rights. We are asking that the Macon County Board replicate the Sanctuary Resolution 18-28 filed in Effingham County, Illinois making Effingham County a Sanctuary County for Gun Ownership. This Resolution has been duplicated by several counties in Illinois, allowing them to take a stand to protect our Second Amendment rights. Under this resolution, Macon County creates a "symbolic" statement against those in Springfield that continue to fight against our Second Amendment Rights. In Macon County, our Second Amendment rights have widely been supported by our local law enforcement and judicial system. A request has been made to the Macon County Board to hold a public discussion and create a resolution at the upcoming Board Meeting in June. 

www.the-bullettrap.com
bullettrap1@gmail.com
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
Pistol-Rifle-PPITH
NRA Lifetime Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#133 steveTA84

• 4,767 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

Getting more north, awesome!

#134 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

Requested in Piatt county also.

#135 john1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

Pope County passed a "gun sanctuary" resolution worded nearly the same as Effingham County.

#136 junebugs95

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Report from Wayne county: The young gent who was scheduled to speak did a fine job, the room has about 35 seats for public and most were filled.

The board chairman noted he was in favor of it as a concept but appointed a committee to go over it (State’s Attorney included) to tailor it to the county and “do it right”. The S.A. indicated he felt this was wise and mentioned that some of the language seemed alarmist, noting that the legislature likely wouldn’t be trying to pass an ex post facto law. (I think he may be surprised at how badly written some of it is). I tend to disagree with one statement he made...that using the word “sanctuary” was a bad idea. He felt it confused the message with immigration, etc. while I feel that this is exactly the point.

At any rate, they intend to take it up again at the June meeting. The S.A. even noted that it would be popular with the county citizens as “everybody here has guns”.

If the general assembly would write a bill without ex post facto issues, I would not have had to sound the alarm on in the resolution. Clean constitutional bills and we don't have an issue

#137 BigKahuna

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Wouldn't be ironic if Sangamon County, where Springfield is located, signed on as a sanctuary county.

#138 Euler

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Wouldn't be ironic if Sangamon County, where Springfield is located, signed on as a sanctuary county.

... or Cook ...
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#139 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:37 AM

... or Cook ...

Good luck on Cook, but an official response from Cook would be good to document.
Life Member, NRA

#140 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Clay County passed it May 9th.

http://www.wnoi.com/...ws.exe?ID=33676

#141 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

Clay County passed it May 9th.

http://www.wnoi.com/...ws.exe?ID=33676

Amazing the number that did this right away and the news missed them.

Thanks for the update.

Attached Thumbnails

• Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2018.05.21.png

Life Member, NRA

#142 junebugs95

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

Did Farmer City pass the resolution tonight?

And I am amazed also at how fast

#143 jkdkaliman101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

contact info of board members for me/us to call?
‘’in a crisis we will not rise to our expectations, but fall to our level of training’’ -Paul Vunak

"Make the best of every moment for today's moments are tomorrows memories."

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me I'll always be in your mind." William Shakespeare

Obey Acts 2:38!

#144 InterestedBystander

• 6,612 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Pope County passed a "gun sanctuary" resolution worded nearly the same as Effingham County.

Source? Looked but could not find any links reporting.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#145 Woodrift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:17 AM

Will County board is now considering it as well.https://thewillcount...ion-on.html?m=1

contact info of board members for me/us to call?

http://www.willcount...rd-members.html

#146 Troutslayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:11 AM

Agreed. We need to continue the momentum. Expect a BIG turnout in Jackson County on the 22nd for their board meeting. People are livid.[/quote]

As they should be! If you are a 2nd amendment supporter or still believe the Constitution is still relevant today, pleas showith up for this meeting. Do not let the minority rob you of your constitutional rights!

Edited by Troutslayer, 22 May 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#147 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Did Farmer City pass the resolution tonight?

And I am amazed also at how fast

I heard they did.

#148 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

I also have heard that Clinton county has passed a resolution, but I haven't verified it yet.

#149 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

The Shelby County Board next month might join Effingham County and others across central Illinois in declaring itself a "sanctuary" for gun owners.

The board this week heard a request from John Warren, representing Kaskaskia River Friends of NRA, to consider a resolution declaring Shelby County a Second Amendment "sanctuary county."

Effingham County and others in Illinois have passed symbolic resolutions in defiance of recent gun control measures considered by the state.

The board asked to see examples of the resolutions. Multiple members expressed their support for a similar measure in Shelby County.

The item could be up for a vote at next month's meeting, Shelby County Chairman David Cruitt said.

#150 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,939 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

The anti-firearm legislators in Illinois will be gibbering like angry, pooh-flinging chimps in fury at these municipalities daring to defy the law to stand on principle to support the Constitution and not cooperating with efforts to go against it.

Wait, um, didn't they say that immigration sanctuary cities were upholding both the spirit of the Constitution and were the right thing to do, by declaring that local law enforcement will not abide by any deportation efforts that the Federal government pursues?

Why, then, I guess they will be entirely consistent and support ALL types of sanctuary measures to go against unconstitutional laws!

I'm glad that's settled! I feel so much better now!

Edited by Molly B.

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 23 May 2018 - 10:48 PM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users