Change address AND renew at same time?

I just discovered that my mother needs to renew her FOID in the next 3 months. To complicate matters, she never changed her address with ISP when she moved 7 years ago. Sigh.

At 70 the only reason she has one is because there is a gun in the house. She doesn’t go out and shoot or buy ammo or anything.

She may just sell the gun and be done with it. If not, what’s the proper steps? Last FOID app was paper, so she’s never made an online account with ISP yet either.

Her IL DL has the correct address. The FOID doesn’t, of course.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the ISP FOID portal pop-up...sounds like you can do the aiddress change at FOID renewal. Will need to create an online account and renew when button becomes active. You can get a paper renewal started over phone with ISP but you would need to reach someone on their phone line...a frustrating difficult process.

...Please ensure your address on file with the Secretary of State is up-to-date because applications and SOS addresses MUST match. Finally, if you are renewing your application, DO NOT choose "Edit Name/Address." You can update your address during the renewal application process....

Edited by InterestedBystander