Unable to select month on address change for FOID/CCL

LRS

Hello all,

I've been attempting to update my address on my FOID and CCL but the website does not allow me select the month. I'm pretty computer savvy; I've used two different computers and 4 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge) to no avail. On chrome, when I click the box for month, absolutely nothing happens. On Firefox, I can click the box, the drop down menu appears, but there are no numbers or month abbreviations in it; it's simply blank.

Calling ISP leads me to the automated message that hangs up on me.

Has anyone run into this problem or know of any solutions?

I'm also now concerned that my FOID / CCL could get revoked due to the time frame of my address change with the Secretary of State and how long it's taking to update my address with ISP - should I be worried about this?

• 4 weeks later...

There should not be a problem with the time frame of the address change with the Secretary of State and how long it's taking to update address with ISP.

Sending you a private message.

Hello,

A month ago I received a letter from ISP notifying me that my concealment license (which will expire October 2021) been revoked due to my expired FOID (which i found expired in January 2020). The letter stated that I had 48 hours to take my concealment license and my firearms to the local police station otherwise a warrant for my arrest will be issued. I proceeded as instructed by the letter assuming the renewal of my FOID would be a straight forward process and I would get my firearms back. This was not the case!

For a month now I have tried to start the renewal of my FOID on isp website, but the drop box to select state in the address section is not working (I tried different browsers and tried clearing the address and saving then rebooting the desktop with no luck), I called the provided number only to get automated message and a hang up. I went to the state police district in my area but their only concern was making sure that my firearms had been taken away along with my cards and advised me to "Apply for a renewal online" !!!

I made a new account online only to run in the same drop box problem, I'm running out of options, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to the address page and delete all the information in all the boxes. Hit save.

See if it will let you enter the info back in and all the boxes work.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work for me, I also tried making a new account still the same problem, had a person who owns a parcel shop (she does FOID renewal frequently) but she faced the same problem.

I moved 4 years ago and changed address on my driver license but didn't change it on my FOID, could that have something to do with the problem?

Archived