SunTimes Editorial - It’s about the guns

InterestedBystander

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, August 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, August 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM - No reason given

If there were no guns, I’m afraid of the methods that homicidal people would use instead

After all, it can't be that hard to put 4-5 five gallon cans of gasoline and the same number of 20 lb. propane bottles in a minivan, crash it into something and spark the liquid gas which would light the propane.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, August 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, August 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM - No reason given

If there were no guns, I’m afraid of the methods that homicidal people would use instead

After all, it can't be that hard to put 4-5 five gallon cans of gasoline and the same number of 20 lb. propane bottles in a minivan, crash it into something and spark the liquid gas which would light the propane.

heck, you could take a bug sprayer and vaporize some sort of flammable substance into a crowd, and set off some sort of cheap, pyrotechnic firework and have a poor-man's fuel-air explosive effect. It wouldn't take much to figure out the appropriate stoichiometric mixture ratio by testing it out in some remote location to work the bugs out.

H ell, a couple of seven-shot tube pump-action shotguns on slings, with #0 or even #1 buckshot with strychnine and arsenic-based rat poison poured in among the pellets and the shells resealed would cause vastly more damage to a crowd than a .223 rounds.

I'm continually grateful that most self-destructive murderous criminals are also too stupid to actually plan their crimes for maximum effect.

Archived