Lincoln Park under attack

Mr. Fife

Just saw a story on WGN-TV9 about people in their 50s and 60s under attack.

These people don't seem like the type that are willing to give up and cede to the criminals. The story made it feel like they would rather fight to keep their neighborhood safe.

I'm just curious, where is the nearest range when they gave to go qualify for their CCL licence?

Most Lincoln Park residents have no need for a car, so can anyone suggest a bus route?

Thanks in advance, asking for a friend.

Just saw a story on WGN-TV9 about people in their 50s and 60s under attack. These people don't seem like the type that are willing to give up and cede to the criminals. The story made it feel like they would rather fight to keep their neighborhood safe. I'm just curious, where is the nearest range when they gave to go qualify for their CCL licence? Most Lincoln Park residents have no need for a car, so can anyone suggest a bus route? Thanks in advance, asking for a friend.

Maxons in Des Plaines. I like it there. Plus Target Sports brings ammo right to my doorstep. .45, 9mm and Hornady Home Defense 12 guage

Shore is the closest. 20-30 minute drive.

Used to be able to take the 11 Lincoln bus right from Lincoln Park but they killed part of the route (to screw the oldies). You can take the brown line to Western and pick up the 11 Lincoln bus there and take it to McCormick/Devon. That'll be around 40 minutes, depending on the CTA.

This is a good reason to push for carry on public transportation. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So to serve older shooters from Lincoln Park, Chicago will finally get ranges inside city limits. PACE will put bus stops right at the ranges to serve this constituency better. Criminals will avoid those buses, because they'll know they're filled with cranky, armed, old people traveling to or from the ranges.

I take people I teach to shoot to Shore Galleries. You can take the Brown Line bus to Western and then take the 11 bus north to Devon and McCormick (what Kimball turns into) or take the Brown line to the Kimball stop (end of the line) and grab the 82 bus at Lawrence and Kimbal straight up to the same stop. It's actually quicker and less confusing to take the Brown Line to the end and hop on the 82 bus.

Right now, it's pretty much the only range reachable in Chicago by the CTA. Of course, you have to unload and transport your firearm in a case on public transportation, so I wonder if some enterprising criminal will target any older individuals who are heading to or from the range in order to rob them of their useless-for-self-protection and thus easily-stealable firearms complete with compatible ammunition.

Archived