Clay County judge rules Gov. Pritzker did not have authority to extend stay-at-home order

Kipp Jones

Just a reminder from the IC Code Of Conduct:

12. If a member takes up more time in needing moderated, being unpleasant, or challenging the code of conduct than what they contribute to the site, their posting privileges will be terminated. There is far too much to do for the cause than having to spend valuable time teaching someone how to be civil

E.G. (exempli gratia) : There - Their -

comforting.jpg

Other than one poster this thread appears to be grammatically clean in the use of theiyre. Then and than is another one that shows itself, Ive been called on it (thanks to a member, even if I mocked you in PM. lol). How about one paragraph run on sentences? Then starting another paragraph with a conjunction?

It doesnt help that theres a glitch in certain browsers that removes quotes and apostrophes. It makes it difficult to read contractions and possessives. Yes, I know the difference between were the contraction of we are and were the past tense verb of be.

E.G. (exempli gratia) : There - Their -

Other than one poster this thread seemed pretty grammatically clean in the use of theiyre. Then and than is another one that shows itself, Ive been called on it (thanks to a member, even if I mocked you in PM, lol). How about one paragraph run on sentences? Then starting another paragraph with a conjunction?

It doesnt help that theres a glitch in certain browsers that removes quotes and apostrophes. It makes it difficult to read contractions.

I always allow folks a bit a grace by assuming they are using voice text - auto word select and auto correct can be a real problem. In addition to that, I have found a person's grammar is not always indicative of their intelligence. I have known people with impeccable grammar who didn't know manure from Monet. I have known dear wonderful souls who didn't get past 8th grade and didn't know punctuation rules of grammar but were far smarter and far wiser than friends with a doctorate degree.

We all have the odd issues that push our "Drives Me Nutz" button. LOL Even sometimes to the extreme and extremely pointless note that I was referring to one's writing skill rather than the use of Grammar, which is a different yet important matter.

How a person 'talks' is sometimes a reflection of their educational level, yet I too have encountered my fair share of 'well-educated' arses.

At 71 I AM a certified geezer, I have comorbidities, and I am a verifiably, skilled practicing curmudgeon.

Whenever I take the time ( as if I have something better to do - lol) to read these sort of medically related threads, I come away with a feeling of sadness in my soul realizing that so many internet posters are so skilled at complex Doctorate Level epidemiology (and that's a hard word to spell) that they freely go out of their way to share that expertise with the uneducated masses.... yet they appear to have never attended Grammar School to be taught that there ARE important differences in words that sound the same but must be spelled differently lest one wishes to come across as an uneducated dullard.

?

Spot on, but it must be noted that based on what the doctorate holders such as Dr. F. have stated in their ever changing recommendations and facts ( very loose on those ) he might as well be tossing darts on a wall of possibilities blindfolded.

A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel on his belt, yarrrr it

"Drives Me Nutz"

In addition to that, I have found a person's grammar is not always indicative of their intelligence.

On a board of intellectual polymaths running down every logical fallacy while approaching Goodwins law for communism I demand the Queens English be typed.

None of us are as smart as we think we are, so I dont mind the grammatical correction. Others type like a hot mess, but still make their point clear. No point in fixing that as I agree, it doesnt really reflect on the persons intelligence.

Not me

Actually you should not be wearing an N95 per public health directives. Those should be reserved for medical personnel or people who actually need them for respiratory protection from dusts and mists, for which they are intended. An N95 IS NOT designed for virus protection. You will need a level A suit and SCBA for that. Warped - strong username to post content though...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know where you got that wrong opinion but thats all it is a wrong opinion !
I worked in class 3 labs for more than 23 years all kinds hiv,tb,hep b.c all types
if I was still working I would no doubt have been in a covid 19 lab in the last week or so
class 3 lab = live virus
the first thing that you do is put on a N95 mask before the tyvek suit or anything else
and I also used scba gear during emergencies
a N95 mask works very well in or out of a lab for viruses
and contrary to other myths a N95 mask protects the wearer

My statement is not an opinion. Without getting into my academic and professional background, certifications, etc. N95 respirators are the lowest level of respiratory protection. They are 95% effective for .3 micron size particles. SARS CoV-2 virus being .06 microns (smaller) are therefore able to pass through the respirator. A better choice in a lab working with ACTIVE viruses would be a PAPR, both for user comfort and effective protection. Of course that would be based on a risk assessment and accounting for other controls in the hierarchy of controls as established in the lab’s safety plan. Since you claim to have worked in a lab with “live virus” for 23 years, did anyone ever explain to you that viruses do not meet the biological definition of being a living thing? Just curious.

There are definitely logical arguments and costs on both sides of this debate. Anyone who doesn't see both sides of this debate needs to do more research.

Time will tell if Bailey's and the judge's actions result in more deaths and history will be the judge - not us.

Although his actions have certainly been in the wrong on many instances with this issue, I think Bailey is truly doing this out of a belief it is the right thing to do vs. a crass political calculation that some may accuse. He's just gotten carried away and bad information on some stuff.

I would like to think Pritkzer's orders were based solely upon best public health policy; but I just don't... My perception is that politics not only entered into decision making; but possibly became the biggest issue - at many levels - for what should have been a public health / economic policy driven issue.

I do suspect Pritkzer's continuation order was unconstitutional since he didn't get legislative approval. I have no idea why he didn't. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I do think the state should have shut down and opened up in smaller regions instead of how it was done. Some parts of the state may never have needed to shut down.

I don't think there should have been essential and non essential businesses. The focus from the beginning should have been on social distancing, hygiene, sanitation, etc.

As to a lot of what DeVore and Bailey claim, I think there is certainly cause to be dubious. From my personal knowledge and reading, I believe much of what DeVore and Bailey have stated as fact is incorrect with key points taken out of context. I am also aware that some very savvy attorneys have quietly referred to DeVore as... not being the brightest bulb nor most civic minded man in the room. That said, he is getting famous and maybe rich so maybe he is smarter than what many believe.

There are definitely logical arguments and costs on both sides of this debate.

Really there are 2 sides, and I could agree on a give and take from each sides point of view.

The lefty side- the health of America is the governments responsibility so we will cover healthcare costs for those who cant. If certain people cant work due to public health risks we will pay for them to stay home for the health of the nation.

The righty side- health is an individual choice, if youre in poor health stay home. Dont make those in good health endure economic hardship through regulation. Let people choose risk vs reward of working vs staying home. Deregulate to let free markets solve Covid issues.

Or the side neoliberal sycophants adhere to. Stay home losers, youre the awful people responsible for deaths. Dont pay any attention to our Covid profiteering, your tax dollars arent for national security, theyre for my own pocket because you elected me. Why dont YOU have the 6 months of savings the government gave to me to keep my business going? A Chinese travel ban or insinuating this pandemic had Chinese origin is RACIST!

/\Obviously this side has no regard for the rule of law, health of the nation, or economic prosperity, which is why they need to be shut down by the legal system.

Archived