Revoked CCL due to Foid expired

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 themarine1976

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Good afternoon,

Name is Al, I have been reading most of the forms messages about revoked CCL due to FOID expirations. I am one of those that stupidly forgot to renew my FOID.

I since renewed my FOID but my CCL has yet to be reinstated. My FOID was expired back on  Aug 2, received my new Foid on Sep 9. I know i'm going to probably beat this horse to 

death but does anyone know how long the review is to get the CCL reinstated? or can I appeal in person. I know the ispfsb website says you can not appeal in person. 

any help would be appreciated. I have also called and spoken to I assume to the State Police on the 217-782-7980 line and was told it was under review and that a supervisor was

looking into it. Again any info would be appreciated. 

Edited by themarine1976, 17 October 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Stevepk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Same stupid stick hit me. Applied and received my new FOID. Appealed my FCCL on 28 Aug. Still waiting

Edited by Stevepk, 17 October 2018 - 02:00 PM.

MSGT - USAF Retired - Command & Control Tech. (Command Post)

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.
Ronald Reagan

#3 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,467 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

themarine1976:

No, you cannot appeal in person.  You did file an appeal though, right?

It will be helpful  to see how long they take to reinstate CCLs for you and Stevepk.  Please keep us posted .

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 themarine1976

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

Yes Molly,

I did file for an appeal and like I said I been checking the website and have made several phone calls, but again the only thing everyone is telling me is that its under review and that a supervisor is checking on it. 

I have been calling in 2 week intervals to see if I get a different answer. I was also asked to send email too, which i have about 3 times too.  

#5 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

That's ridiculous. They should just issue a FOID and have a class system on the back, as they do with Driver's Licenses. Anything to make it more difficult, expensive and easy to screw up.

#6 1700715

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

That's ridiculous. They should just issue a FOID and have a class system on the back, as they do with Driver's Licenses. Anything to make it more difficult, expensive and easy to screw up.

That would make to much sense though.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,

Is strong enough to take everything you have.

-Thomas Jefferson-

#7 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:50 AM

Yes Molly,

I did file for an appeal and like I said I been checking the website and have made several phone calls, but again the only thing everyone is telling me is that its under review and that a supervisor is checking on it. 

I have been calling in 2 week intervals to see if I get a different answer. I was also asked to send email too, which i have about 3 times too.  

You've been waiting about 2 or so months?

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#8 Stevepk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

Alpha, I’ve been waiting since aug 28th
MSGT - USAF Retired - Command & Control Tech. (Command Post)

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.
Ronald Reagan

#9 themarine1976

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Yes Molly,

You've been waiting about 2 or so months?

Yes I have been waiting for about 2 months or so, the other issue is I know my CCL expires next yr March. So now I really dont know whats going to happen.

#10 themarine1976

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

Just a quick update on a 90 day review now for those who may or not be following. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users