Triggers AR-15

JoeM

Yep, I take a little off the sear surface on the front of the trigger, change the angle ever so slightly, wet sand then polish both surfaces. I'm not a fan of taking material off other parts of the trigger and disconnecter like some do, but with 30 min. And some work, and a set of jobs springs, you can get a 4-5lb trigger that breaks clean and smooth for next to nothing money wise. My beater AR has a stock trigger that I worked myself. People ask me all the time what kind of trigger I have work they shoot it. Lol

My buddy just ordered the hiperfire from Joebobs. It's adjustable from 2-4lbs. I'm letting him be the guinea pig before I order my own for my bench rifle build.

Sent from S4 Echoe ROM

I would pay attention to what Mike is saying on this. I have one of my rifles with over 10K rounds on a "cleaned up" trigger. You only want to clean it up not remove material. I would suggest just a mild stoning that only takes the grit out for a clean break. Even a heavy trigger is ok with a clean break. Most people make the mistake of changing the sear angle which is what is the most likely reason for it to fail.

Archived