Appeal over 120 days now

rk0618

I took a conceal and carry back in 2014 at Bass Pro Shop. Long story short the instructor was de-certified and i was denied my C&C. Flash forward to 2017. I retook the class and had to submit an appeal to the 2014 decision. I submitted my appeal on 10/18/2017. Uploaded correct certificate to show I retook the class and even did the whole fingerprint thing with hopes it would speed things up. Well now it is 02/27/2018 and the State Police are telling me it will take however long it takes and that there is no timeline. I have emailed responses from them.

I wanted to see if anyone knows how long this appeal process can take. I have no record and only reason I was declined back in 2014 was due to instructor being de-certified. I thought they were suppose to give decision within 120 days.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Have you talked to your state rep's office? Malfunctioning state agencies are usually red meat for legislative staff.

ISP FSB needs leadership that actually respects the people that they serve and can do their jobs, or better yet, just take all the firearms services away from them and put it under a different agency.

So many of these problems seem to be the result of badly designed or implemented IT processes, where they didn't think through the various workflows and contingencies.

The whole process for restoring lost rights is completely FUBAR, and in cases like yours, shouldn't even be in that condition to begin with.

I’m in the same boat like you guys,,,, but check this out I have my gun rights restored, I filed a petition in court and the JUDGE listen to this the JUDE signed the petition I submitted to the ISP and the only thing that they can tell me is that is under review and it’s been mora than 90 days already,,,,, so it looks like the ISP has more power than a judge..... gun rules are horrible and ridiculous in this state..... I even call Luis Gutierrez office and they told that they can’t and are not gonna help.... Good luck to all of us

I’m in the same boat like you guys,,,, but check this out I have my gun rights restored, I filed a petition in court and the JUDGE listen to this the JUDE signed the petition I submitted to the ISP and the only thing that they can tell me is that is under review and it’s been mora than 90 days already,,,,, so it looks like the ISP has more power than a judge..... gun rules are horrible and ridiculous in this state..... I even call Luis Gutierrez office and they told that they can’t and are not gonna help.... Good luck to all of us

Go to the court clerk for the court that signed your petition and tell them ISP is not following the court's order.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally changed status from "Appeal Under Review" to "Under Review"! Only took 10 months and only have to wait another 90-120 days. Thanks to Molly B for standing up for our rights! I probably would be waiting another year if Molly did not step in.

She is indispensable.

Finally changed status from "Appeal Under Review" to "Under Review"! Only took 10 months and only have to wait another 90-120 days. Thanks to Molly B for standing up for our rights! I probably would be waiting another year if Molly did not step in.

She is indispensable.

Agree - but she's fighting the "system" - which does not want anyone to even own a firearm.

That said - THANKS MOLLY!!

Archived