My license was in my mail today!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! Good on you!

Mine expired during the "under review" process for renewal, so I guess I either may or may not get the renewal. Everything was submitted a couple months ago and then "nothing" no answers or information. My credit card cleared.

The old one makes a dandy windshield scraper.

I am happy for you! I have been waiting and waiting and because I am not a doctor, I don't have any patients (SP)... Lol.

It has made a dandy ice scraper for my windshield until the laminate fell apart.

I will have to say "uncle" and let JB have his way.

With an adios salute my card just disappeared into the shredder abyss. Enough politics it is time to just hunker down.

Sorry, but..... I quit!

post-20489-0-19528200-1552075852_thumb.jpg

I am happy for you! I have been waiting and waiting and because I am not a doctor, I don't have any patients (SP)... Lol.

It has made a dandy ice scraper for my windshield until the laminate fell apart.

With an adios salute my card just disappeared into the shredder abyss. Enough politics it is time to just hunker down.

Sorry, but..... I quit!

If you are talking about a renewal for your carry license , why would you tear the old license up when by law you could still carry on it? It is in the law and your instructor should have informed you of this during your class.

I have only been a member of this forum for a short time. Reading the posts concerning the difficulty of getting renewal returns is very discouraging. I see there are a number of members that have been here quite a long time. Also so many that have been waiting for initial permits and also the lengthy waits for renewal.

I submitted renewal documents last October and have been in "review" limbo ever since. Trying to contact the ISP is a futile exercise. It did not take this long for my initial permit. I wonder if there is politics afoot.

My expiration date has came and went without notification. Not much help on the ISP website.

This weekend, my wife and I started packing and moving any and all firearm related property out of Illinois. We will be making plans to out our house up for sale next week, I hold two FFL's and will be in touch with BATFE on Monday to place my information on "delayed operation" status pending change of license address.

Illinois IS a lost cause without much hope of recovery now that Chicago is firmly in possession of the entire state. J B and the Mob have the numbers and authority to over ride all of the rest of the People's Republic. Outside of Chicago the rest of us do not stand a chance!

I give up! Texas and or points south are calling my name. I am evacuating the California of the Mid West!

Sorry, but..... I quit!

If you are talking about a renewal for your carry license , why would you tear the old license up when by law you could still carry on it? It is in the law and your instructor should have informed you of this during your class.

The topic was not approached during the refresher class/ There were only three of us in the class. Personally, at the time of the class i was not even concerned about my permit expiring before the renewal. I just joined this forum a few days ago.

I see there are a number of others also waiting for months while others seem to get things handled expeditiously.

My initial permit procedure was quick and painless. It seems that the process has bogged down and delays are quite the norm.

I also realize that in the scope of things, I am not important and my issues are of little concern so it is frustrating. The ISP website does not address this question in their FAQ section. Calling them for answers is futile.

That being said, I do not have your obvious experience or knowledge of the process.

So... in frustration, I finally resign to the situation. I quit! Seriously looking to abandoning the Land of The Lost Causes!

All the best, John

Sorry, but..... I quit!

The topic was not approached during the refresher class/ There were only three of us in the class. Personally, at the time of the class i was not even concerned about my permit expiring before the renewal. I just joined this forum a few days ago.

I see there are a number of others also waiting for months while others seem to get things handled expeditiously.

My initial permit procedure was quick and painless. It seems that the process has bogged down and delays are quite the norm.

I also realize that in the scope of things, I am not important and my issues are of little concern so it is frustrating. The ISP website does not address this question in their FAQ section. Calling them for answers is futile.

That being said, I do not have your obvious experience or knowledge of the process.

So... in frustration, I finally resign to the situation. I quit! Seriously looking to abandoning the Land of The Lost Causes!

All the best, John

I understand your frustration. I agree , this state is going down the drain.

The point here is how far do the powers that be expect law abiding residents of this gulag to hang on before just giving up? It's like expecting that "refund" check that never appears. I know that the ISP has more important things to do and manpower and funds are tight. But... politics are also as tight as JB's keister. Time to bail out? This week I no longer have any firearms or related property in the state. My wife and I are putting household effects in storage while our home is going up for sale. Much to the dismay of our real-estate agent we will be listing our "tar-paper shack" in the Barrio 20K below market with room to bargain lower if need be. The weather is improving and the gun-friendly climate is better elsewhere. Kentucky, Tennessee and Texas is looking good. I have lived here for over 60 years and it is time!

Adios, my friends... I wish you all well, but....... heck will freeze over before The People's Republic gets it's act together. How long can you wait for nothing?

post-20489-0-70812800-1552627166_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very happy to say that I received my CCL yesterday, April 20 2019.

So here is a timeline.

Applied for my FOID in October of 2016.

FOID denied December 2016.

Filed my FOID appeal in March 2017.

Won my appeal and received FOID in October 2018.

Applied for my CCL in December 2018.

CCL denied February 2019 and immediately appealed.

CCL in hand April 20 2019.

I am preparing a packet of material to send in when I apply via mail for my Florida carry license.

• 3 weeks later...