Sig p365. Never knew it even existed

DDM

So I walk into my local FFL a week ago. My wife was debating between g43, g42, lc9 and the new Smith .380. he had them all in stock. She wasn't in love with either one. Then he brings out a sig p365. I didn't even know this gun existed. And wow I'm impressed. It is tiny and holds 10rds + 1 of 9mm. Factory night sights. Has the same capability and is much smaller than a Glock 26. Feels great in both hers and my hand. Today we picked it up and went straight to the range and all we can say is wow. Recoil is super manageable, trigger is amazing. Sights are very good. We both shot it plenty and for such a small gun I can shoot it all day unlike my lcp. Just wanted to share my experience. I highly recommend looking into this gun for anyone carrying. This was for my wife but I think I might pick one up too. I also picked up a 12 round mag as a spare.

It's been discussed on the board few times. Overall positive reviews but I think there have been reports of a part cracking though in some cases which they have put out a notice about.

ETA I guess it wasn't so much a part cracking as something with trigger bar and trigger stopped working in a very very tiny percentage.

I've got one in my safe right now, never been used...I'm actually just babysitting it. Owner said I could take it out and break it in while he's out of town but honestly I'm not sure I want to. If I do, and it doesn't perform (I've ready many threads and articles elsewhere to support this position) he's not going to be happy with my feedback. On top of all that I'll still have to clean it when I'm done being disappointed.

I have an LC9s Pro and I'm very happy with it. Fits in your pocket in 7+1, conceals easily with 9+1 extended mag. Recoil is negligible, much easier to handle than a snappy lcp. I have owned many Sigs, and I love them. I currently have two P320 Compact RX models (yeah, I know, I'll probably off one, a little overkill ...). That being said, the 365 has had teething problems, and that bore axis is majorly high for such a small pistol. Personally, I have no interest in it. Which says a lot, seeing as I've had P320's, several P226's, P229's, a P220, a 2022, P238 and P938 (as well as several of their 1911's). I think this is Ruger, S&W and Kahr's market, and Sig should start paying more attention to it's flagship line and the P320 line. They're trying to be all things to all people, and what winds up happening is that you produce something mediocre for everybody, rather than great guns for the military, LEO's, competitive shooters and those who prefer service-type weapons for CCW and HD.

I think it is quite an engineering achievement. Amazing that they were able to create a magazine that holds 10 rounds and fit it a gun the size of a S&W shield and Glock 43. Definitely intriguing to me and I bet it will push its main competitors to try and match its capacity. I have read a lot about some striker issues/striker drag so I’m staying away until they get hammered out.

There are a couple good videos about the gun on the Military Arms Channel:

https://youtu.be/BYCCQjx0M8M

https://youtu.be/ok5QQKtkVP0

I hope your experience with it is great! It sure is a nice looking gun.

I think it is quite an engineering achievement. Amazing that they were able to create a magazine that holds 10 rounds and fit it a gun the size of a S&W shield and Glock 43. Definitely intriguing to me and I bet it will push its main competitors to try and match its capacity. I have read a lot about some striker issues/striker drag so I’m staying away until they get hammered out.

While the Sig has a better trigger , they weren't the first to design a small pistol with the same capacity.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/p-11/#

While the Sig has a better trigger , they weren't the first to design a small pistol with the same capacity.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/p-11/#

I have a P-11... complete with a KelTec .40 kit and a Twisted Industries .22 kit. That .40 stings a bit after 25 rounds or so. The .40 and 9mm magazines are interchangeable and it accepts 15 round S&W 59 series magazines, too. There is a lot of info on-line re making that trigger a bit nicer. The "Fluff & Buff". It was pretty cool being sort of modular. If you have a flinch or limp wrist with any other pistol... running 100 rounds of .40 through the P-11 will make the other one run like a dream. That said... my first round was always exactly where I wanted it to be. Under stress I'd guess all subsequent rounds also would be right on target.

My P-11 has never failed to fire, but that trigger pull is very long and heavy. I bought it when they were fairly new and I thought I wanted a tiny and safe DAO for carry. I've since changed my thoughts on that and now prefer a cocked and locked SA.

There are a couple good videos about the gun on the Military Arms Channel:https://youtu.be/BYCCQjx0M8Mhttps://youtu.be/ok5QQKtkVP0

While the Sig has a better trigger , they weren't the first to design a small pistol with the same capacity.https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/p-11/#

I have a P-11... complete with a KelTec .40 kit and a Twisted Industries .22 kit. That .40 stings a bit after 25 rounds or so. The .40 and 9mm magazines are interchangeable and it accepts 15 round S&W 59 series magazines, too. There is a lot of info on-line re making that trigger a bit nicer. The "Fluff & Buff". It was pretty cool being sort of modular. If you have a flinch or limp wrist with any other pistol... running 100 rounds of .40 through the P-11 will make the other one run like a dream. That said... my first round was always exactly where I wanted it to be. Under stress I'd guess all subsequent rounds also would be right on target.

My P-11 has never failed to fire, but that trigger pull is very long and heavy. I bought it when they were fairly new and I thought I wanted a tiny and safe DAO for carry. I've since changed my thoughts on that and now prefer a cocked and locked SA.

I wasn’t familiar with the P-11. Thanks for sharing.

I never owned the P-11 but did buy a PF-9 years ago. I never had any problems with it other than it wouldn't feed Remington Golden Sabre . They would hang up nose down in the mag every other shot. Sometimes I could get 2 shots off before it jammed. I once decided to shoot at a 6 , maybe 8 , inch piece of pipe hanging from a chain at shooting range and it was set up at 50 yards. I was getting 50%+ hits from each mag.

I also am watching and waiting for a year or so more before I will buy the Sig P365. I love the concept and it is a good looking firearm.

I never owned the P-11 but did buy a PF-9 years ago. I never had any problems with it other than it wouldn't feed Remington Golden Sabre . They would hang up nose down in the mag every other shot. Sometimes I could get 2 shots off before it jammed. I once decided to shoot at a 6 , maybe 8 , inch piece of pipe hanging from a chain at shooting range and it was set up at 50 yards. I was getting 50%+ hits from each mag.

I also am watching and waiting for a year or so more before I will buy the Sig P365. I love the concept and it is a good looking firearm.

I love Golden Sabers in revolvers. Something about that ashtray hollow point causes problems in a lot of pistols. I tried it in a bunch of 9's, and it was always a 50-50 proposition in pistols that had no problems with Gold Dot, HST's or Hydra-Shoks.

I've got one in my safe right now, never been used...I'm actually just babysitting it. Owner said I could take it out and break it in while he's out of town but honestly I'm not sure I want to. If I do, and it doesn't perform (I've ready many threads and articles elsewhere to support this position) he's not going to be happy with my feedback. On top of all that I'll still have to clean it when I'm done being disappointed.

On the other hand, if it does perform, you'll be disappointed when you have to give it back. Lose/lose. Plus you'll still have to clean it.

Your only option is clear: You'll just have to buy your own to try out.

:thumbsup:

On the other hand, if it does perform, you'll be disappointed when you have to give it back. Lose/lose. Plus you'll still have to clean it.

The performance issues were what kept me from renting one a month or so ago too. TBH I am a Sig fan boy and have been looking for something to replace my M11-A1 as a carry gun. I rented a P320 and had some FTE and FTF and I've never had that with a steel hammer gun. It made me realize I don't much care for polymer or striker or at least I don't like Sig's iteration of it. I've never had a problem with a Block or a M&P.

The performance issues were what kept me from renting one a month or so ago too. TBH I am a Sig fan boy and have been looking for something to replace my M11-A1 as a carry gun. I rented a P320 and had some FTE and FTF and I've never had that with a steel hammer gun. It made me realize I don't much care for polymer or striker or at least I don't like Sig's iteration of it. I've never had a problem with a Block or a M&P.

I’ve had my eye on that M11-A1 - I really like my P220 and would like a 9mm decocker SIG, too.

I bought one last month. I've almost always carried .45 1911's but wanted something smaller. I've shot 500 rounds through it so far and love it. The first 100 or so rounds I had some failures to return to battery but since then its run flawlessly. Accurate and easy to shoot and to carry and a really nice trigger. I prefer to shoot with the 12 round mag and after carrying a commander I don't have any trouble concealing the 12 rounder so thats what I carry it with.

They stopped shipping in february to fix the early problems they were having and seem to have everything straightened out. I liked it so much I went out and bought a P320 carry. I've always wanted a high capacity 9mm.

He just bought a third one so let’s see what occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived