What has happened in the last 50 years?

Buzzard

Sexual Revolution happened. Taught that there are no rules when it came to sex. So people were able to treat each other like sex objects, which then translated into people treated like objects in general.

Now that people are objects, it is OK to do anything bad to them. After all, they're just objects.

This is what happens when sociopaths rewrite the mores and culture of society.

You're older than me so you missed one. And it's probably not what you're looking for.

When I was 13... 49 years ago... organized activities for kids began in Naperville. We'd always had Little League and Pop Warner. But that summer the list of new kids to play backyard baseball and screw around with just dried up. They were at some supervised play lot lot with paid older kids, probably about your age, Buzzard. Ice hockey on the river continued for a couple of years. It must have been too cold out for supervisors. You had to know where all the rocks were to avoid the riffles of open water. And we knew how to test the ice, or thought we did. By the time I was 16 someone had dug out rectangles with berm edges and flooded them for an actual outdoor hockey rink. It wasn't the same. Now it was competition and sport rather than just fun... Something to do.

We have over supervised our children. I guess that was the beginning of the Nanny State.

49 YEARS AGO! In my head, I assumed you were in your 40s. Well, you write like a younger man lol.

Sexual Revolution happened. Taught that there are no rules when it came to sex. So people were able to treat each other like sex objects, which then translated into people treated like objects in general.

Now that people are objects, it is OK to do anything bad to them. After all, they're just objects.

This is what happens when sociopaths rewrite the mores and culture of society.

Which led to the killing of millions by abortion since 1973.

Archived