Photo

Indiana v Doroszko: Can criminals use lethal force in self defense?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mick G

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:50 AM

The cop nonsense was a poor attempt by Raw Power to compare a criminal engaged in a criminal act under Indiana state law to this.

A cop isn't going to shoot you for: What about speeding 15 miles over the speed limit? Running a red light? Selling scalped concert tickets? In a park after closing time? This isn't about that, it's whether under the law as written in Indiana puts this guy in prison for life w/o parole, life w/ parole or they throw the law out and he gets charged with drug trafficking. Cops writing tickets has nothing to do with this case.

#32 borgranta

• Members
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

Could a felon on parole be charged with murder under this law for using lethal force to save a downed officer's life?

The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

#33 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

The cop nonsense was a poor attempt by Raw Power to compare a criminal engaged in a criminal act under Indiana state law to this.

A cop isn't going to shoot you for: What about speeding 15 miles over the speed limit? Running a red light? Selling scalped concert tickets? In a park after closing time? This isn't about that, it's whether under the law as written in Indiana puts this guy in prison for life w/o parole, life w/ parole or they throw the law out and he gets charged with drug trafficking. Cops writing tickets has nothing to do with this case.

breaking the law is breaking the law whether theres a cop or not...... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around does it make a sound?

Lets use a different example....... lets say Im driving in the fast lane.... the speed limit is 55 and Im doing 60.... somebody behind me wants to go faster but I cant get over due to traffic..... when I can get over the guy is thoroughly road raged and starts trying to run me off the road....... I pull over... he pulls over and approaches my vehicle with a gun........ do I have to allow him to shoot me in Indiana? I was breaking the law by disobeying the speed limit...... I will go to prison if I defend my life now?

Silly law...... and silly as applied in this very case. He should be charged with intent to or actual selling of and or possession of whatever illegal items he had....... he did not commit any crime in defending his life .... despite what the law says..... my toddler grandchild could get this tossed

#34 Mick G

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

breaking the law is breaking the law whether theres a cop or not...... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around does it make a sound?

Lets use a different example....... lets say Im driving in the fast lane.... the speed limit is 55 and Im doing 60.... somebody behind me wants to go faster but I cant get over due to traffic..... when I can get over the guy is thoroughly road raged and starts trying to run me off the road....... I pull over... he pulls over and approaches my vehicle with a gun........ do I have to allow him to shoot me in Indiana? I was breaking the law by disobeying the speed limit...... I will go to prison if I defend my life now?

Silly law...... and silly as applied in this very case. He should be charged with intent to or actual selling of and or possession of whatever illegal items he had....... he did not commit any crime in defending his life .... despite what the law says..... my toddler grandchild could get this tossed

Lets see how this plays out in court. This thread has become a lot of what ifs and traffic tort nonsense.

We'll see what the Indiana Supreme Court rules and go from there.

It may come down to the second shot from which I understand was a head shot.

IMO they will have a decision rather quickly so lets stop the what if scenarios.

There's a case, the facts are being presented of said case in court,

speculating and deflecting isn't going to change the outcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users