The Waiting is the hardest part!

Paul Kirsey

Got my renewal form back in February. Already took my renewal class. CCL expired back on May 7. As of today stil under review. I'm thinking the ISP is going to take their time and use every minute they are allowed(maybe more?)considering the atmosphere in Illinois these days. Between Pritzker and what happened in Aurora recently if I'm the ISP I take my sweet time. Hopefully I'll have it by late June, but who knows?

From my experience, they used the full 90 days PLUS. I renewed Feb 7. Expired Feb 28. Was QC verified-approved since at least late February. FINALLY went active on May 13. Well over 90 days and my prints are on file. Still waiting for my new license. Had 2.5 months of free carry.

Had 2.5 months of free carry.

Wont' happen. The card will be backdated to your original expiration date + 5 years.

Have you received your new card yet? Mine expired Feb 28 and I legally carried since then. My account on the ISP site says the new card went active 5/13/19 and expires 5/13/24. Not backdated according to the onlie site. Still waiting for my card to arrive.

Capture.jpg

Had 2.5 months of free carry.

Wont' happen. The card will be backdated to your original expiration date + 5 years.

Have you received your new card yet? Mine expired Feb 28 and I legally carried since then. My account on the ISP site says the new card went active 5/13/19 and expires 5/13/24. Not backdated according to the onlie site. Still waiting for my card to arrive.

Capture.jpg

My CCL arrived in the mail today. Issue date is 5/13/2019 and expiration date is indeed 5/13/2024. So I did get the 2.5 months of free carry as I expected.

Archived