Won my foid card appeal in appellate court and still no card

Kosta

Very good topic to clear up for those that have had their rights restored. Answering YES would surely put those folks right into the same black hole as they started in. The instructions seem very clear. Why would anyone suggest answering yes when clearly that is not the proper answer.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., June 4, 2019 at 02:49 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., June 4, 2019 at 02:49 PM - No reason given

Very good topic to clear up for those that have had their rights restored. Answering YES would surely put those folks right into the same black hole as they started in. The instructions seem very clear. Why would anyone suggest answering yes when clearly that is not the proper answer.

Exactly! (clearly must be a troll)!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., June 4, 2019 at 02:50 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., June 4, 2019 at 02:50 PM - No reason given

Why would anyone suggest answering yes when clearly that is not the proper answer.

I can think of three reasons, failure to read/comprehend the instructions properly, lack of experience combined with ignorance of the instructions, or a troll that doesn't want people to get their 2nd rights back.

Fact is if you answer 'yes' for all intents your right will be auto denied under the assumption you are a prohibited person which you are not once your rights are restored.

I really was concerned when I filled out the first form 4473 that maybe somehow all my information had not gotten to the correct people. Visions of the FBI or US Marshalls or just the ISP arresting me frequently crossed my mind. Even though I had broken no laws straightening out the mess would be costly and long. While I waited for the background check to come back I do not think I slept a second.

The ISP has your appeal on file forever.

Purchasing ammo is easy just by showing your valid FOID card.

If you purchase a firearm you must answer yes to the question that asks if you are a felon. Because if you lie and say no then that's obstruction of justice a class 4 felony and you'll lose your FOID card forever.

Your gun dealer makes a copy of your valid FOID card and faxes the application to purchase as well as your FOID card to the ISP for approval. The ISP sees that you answered yes to the felony question and that you have a valid FOID card so they pull up your file and see the appealed process with the judge's signed order. You'll get your firearm purchase if you show them a valid FOID and don't lie about the questions.

When you apply for the CCL you must answer the felony question yes. Because like I said before if you lie about it's a felony itself. They will deny you and when you appeal it online you quote the Illinois Statue where you appealed and that in your file is the judge's signed order.

I've never heard of an Appellate Court appeal.

Mine was 430 ILCS 65/10 where it states you must appeal to your local court in the County in which you reside in for relief.

I was denied in my county court so we took it to the appellate court and i won, and had all rights including my gun rights restored.

If you purchase a firearm you must answer yes to the question that asks if you are a felon. Because if you lie and say no then that's obstruction of justice a class 4 felony and you'll lose your FOID card forever.

Your gun dealer makes a copy of your valid FOID card and faxes the application to purchase as well as your FOID card to the ISP for approval. The ISP sees that you answered yes to the felony question and that you have a valid FOID card so they pull up your file and see the appealed process with the judge's signed order. You'll get your firearm purchase if you show them a valid FOID and don't lie about the questions.

When you apply for the CCL you must answer the felony question yes. Because like I said before if you lie about it's a felony itself. They will deny you and when you appeal it online you quote the Illinois Statue where you appealed and that in your file is the judge's signed order.

Mine was 430 ILCS 65/10 where it states you must appeal to your local court in the County in which you reside in for relief.

This is incorrect. The answer to 11 c. on the 4473 should be "No". This is straight out of the instructions on the 4473 on page 4.

Also, nothing is faxed to ISP. Its run through FTIP.

Thank you very much for the info.

Greatly appriciated

This is incorrect. The answer to 11 c. on the 4473 should be "No". This is straight out of the instructions on the 4473 on page 4.

Also, nothing is faxed to ISP. Its run through FTIP.

The discussion on this should have probably ended here.

Anyways, congrats!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., May 31, 2019 at 02:45 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., May 31, 2019 at 02:45 PM - No reason given

Read 11c

Is he a convicted felon?

I was under the assumption that Kosta was a convicted felon from 25 years ago for stolen goods.

You're telling him to lie about it.

The exception to 11c was quoted to you above.

A convicted felon who has had their rights restored should answer "no."

And if you lie about being a felon it's Obstruction of Justice another felony.

Keep up with your lies.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., May 31, 2019 at 02:44 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., May 31, 2019 at 02:44 PM - No reason given

And if you lie about being a felon it's Obstruction of Justice another felony.

How many times can you be told to read the instructions and still fail to, you know, read the instructions and worse fail comprehend the instructions if you can read them?

The instructions say if you qualify for the listed exception you answer NO to the felony question, it's really quite simple assuming you have basic grade school level reading comprehension, maybe that is the part that is missing?

You do not have to answer yes to the question that asks if you have ever been convicted of a felony on the 4473. This is false. There are instructions on form 4473 for that question which clearly say if your rights have been restored you may answer no for this question. Please review 4473.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When a person fills out the 4473 the instructions clearly state that if you have had your firearm rights restored you are to answer "No" to the felony question.

When a person fills out the application for a CCL the felony question again is asked. This time there is no clear guidance on how to answer. This situation needs to be fixed.

The off topic posts were removed, plus your suggestions on how to answer the question on the 4473 did not jive with the instructions on the form.

Everytime I purchase a firearm I answer the felon question with a Yes

The ISP has my amnesty petition.

You could've led with that as a viable option, rather than ignore the multiple people who posted the instructions from the actual form which say to answer "no."

Just because your way works, it doesn't negate the instructed, perfectly legal way.

When a person fills out the 4473 the instructions clearly state that if you have had your firearm rights restored you are to answer "No" to the felony question.

When a person fills out the application for a CCL the felony question again is asked. This time there is no clear guidance on how to answer. This situation needs to be fixed.

Just looked up the form...it does NOT state what you said. its says on question 11c "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation? "

Sorry....I read further into the application and in the fine print it says this

"EXCEPTION: A person who has been convicted of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned the person for more than one year, or who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, is not prohibited from purchasing, receiving, or possessing a firearm if: (1) under the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred, the person has been pardoned, the conviction has been expunged or set aside, or the person has had their civil rights (the right to vote, sit on a jury, and hold public office) taken away and later restored, AND (2) the person is not prohibited by the law of the jurisdiction where the conviction occurred from receiving or possessing firearms. Persons subject to this exception, or who receive relief from disabilities under 18 U.S.C. 925©, should answer "no" to the applicable question."

Archived