CCL renewal - Fingerprints?

dennyg

My searches here have revealed some conflicting information.

Early in the program it was said that if you didn't submit fingerprints with your initial CCL application that it would be mandatory with your first renewal. That is what I've been telling my students. Now I hear that this is not true.

Can anyone clarify this for me, preferably with a link to an authoritative source?

Thanks!

It is not mandatory for initial applications or renewals.

As an instructor you should know this as its it's written in the FCCA.

Well, that is what he is asking for - link to an authoritative source. I remember a long discussion here about wording of the law concerning fingerprints and some saying they would be required and some saying they would not be. Let's be kind to one another and offer help when asked. Be glad he's asking.

(430 ILCS 66/30)
Sec. 30. Contents of license application.

(8) a full set of fingerprints submitted to the
Department in electronic format, provided the Department may accept an application submitted without a set of fingerprints in which case the Department shall be granted 30 days in addition to the 90 days provided under subsection (e) of Section 10 of this Act to issue or deny a license;

and here is what was considered confusing:

(430 ILCS 66/50)
Sec. 50. License renewal. Applications for renewal of a license shall be made to the Department. A license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years upon receipt of a completed renewal application, completion of 3 hours of training required under Section 75 of this Act, payment of the applicable renewal fee, and completion of an investigation under Section 35 of this Act. The renewal application shall contain the information required in Section 30 of this Act, except that the applicant need not resubmit a full set of fingerprints.

Some translated that to mean applicants who had already submitted prints would not have to submit them again and a bunch of people jumped in with bets that those who did not submit with initial application would be required to do so when renewing.

Anyhow, fingerprints are not required with initial or renewal CCL applications. At least not at this point on June 28, 2019.

It is not mandatory for initial applications or renewals.

As an instructor you should know this as its it's written in the FCCA.

Well, that is what he is asking for - link to an authoritative source. I remember a long discussion here about wording of the law concerning fingerprints and some saying they would be required and some saying they would not be. Let's be kind to one another and offer help when asked. Be glad he's asking.

I wasn't trying to be offensive. I just clearly stated that as an instructor it should be known. As an instructor myself, I clearly know what the FCCA says as I have read it close to 5 dozen times plus over the past 6 years. I will agree that some of the act is vague and questionable, but the fingerprint requirement is not.

My CCL expired 5/6/19

I submitted everything 2/27/2019

Received an ISP E-mail that they received it and it is under review.

As of today it is 133 days. No one answers the phone when I follow up

by calling in.

I submitted prints 5 years ago for the original CCL.

Any suggestions by anyone?

Private message Molly your details.

Guys in the renewal thread are going up to 150 plus days.

It’s common knowledge that the state is dragging their collective A$$$$$$’s on this matter

Prints or no prints seem to not matter either.

Check out the thread and you’ll see the enormous spread the timelines are.

Don’t think anyone has gotten a under 90 days timeline like the new cards were taking.

Good Luck

Archived