foid card wait time

I applied online to renew my FOID on April 25th. My FOID expires on July 1st. When I login It shows 'Under Review". I, like others, have tried to call many, many times, but can not get a customer service person and then get disconnected. I have also sent an email, but have not received a reply. Should I be worried I have gotten lost in the system or is this normal? If I do not receive my renewed FOID by July 1st can I still legally carry concealed? Any suggestions?

I applied online to renew my FOID on April 25th. My FOID expires on July 1st. When I login It shows 'Under Review". I, like others, have tried to call many, many times, but can not get a customer service person and then get disconnected. I have also sent an email, but have not received a reply. Should I be worried I have gotten lost in the system or is this normal? If I do not receive my renewed FOID by July 1st can I still legally carry concealed? Any suggestions?

The ISP requested people renew early because they are expecting a boat load of renewals and lots of extra time to issue new cards. I would not be worried as long as your status says under review.

Yes, you have to upload a picture. It can be from a phone camera. Must meet certain requirements. I found the upload process easy and convenient.

Well..I applied RENEWED...

I would think that regardless of what the status shows on the website that my current card is still 'valid' insomuch that its not 'invalid/revoked/denied' and I have a valid FCCL...

Edited by MagSlap

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice that your new expiration date now coincides with your "active" date of this renewal.

My old FOID expired in 10/1/18. I renewed 7/2/18, and went active 7/26/18. My new card expires on 7/26 of 2028.

So, I guess, my old FOID was not good for 10 years, it was good for 9 years and 10 months.

Unbelievable.

Did anyone else notice that your new expiration date now coincides with your "active" date of this renewal.

My old FOID expired in 10/1/18. I renewed 7/2/18, and went active 7/26/18. My new card expires on 7/26 of 2028.

So, I guess, my old FOID was not good for 10 years, it was good for 9 years and 10 months.

Unbelievable.

Want to bet the same thing happens with CCL renewal? (assuming it gets processed before expiration) Edited by InterestedBystander

Unbelievable.

Want to bet the same thing happens with CCL renewal? (assuming it gets processed before expiration)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Unbelievable.

Want to bet the same thing happens with CCL renewal? (assuming it gets processed before expiration)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Pretty sure this doesnt happen on our DL renewal. It seems they had to go out of their way to make this happen instead of just adding to current expiration date. Another random interprataion and not well thought out policy implementation by ISP? Unless someone has a suggestion for a good reason they do it like this...