No gun sign

kurt555gs

Buckeye Firearms Foundation has "No Guns = No Money" cards for use with businesses that post "No Guns" signs. (http://www.buckeyefi...Stuff-Mall#ngnm)

The front says " Your “no gun” sign prevents me from patronizing your business. So I, my family, and other gunowners will spend our money with your competitors. Look on the back to see why you should remove your sign."

The back says "Your “no gun” sign is bad for business. It does nothing to make you safer. It simply tells criminals you’re an easy target and drives away good customers with a concealed carry license. Unlike most people, license holders have passed a criminal background check. Statistics show we are far more law-abiding than the general public. Our numbers are growing every day. We are ideal customers and will patronize your business if you let us. Remove your sign and I, my family, and many other gun owners

will gladly return."

When we get concealed carry, similar cards will be handy for us to help educate business owners. Our Ohio brethren have had some success with these cards.

I like that idea, think I'll get myself a few for use after Illinois passes RTC :thumbsup:

Buckeye Firearms Foundation has "No Guns = No Money" cards for use with businesses that post "No Guns" signs. (http://www.buckeyefi...Stuff-Mall#ngnm)

The front says " Your “no gun” sign prevents me from patronizing your business. So I, my family, and other gunowners will spend our money with your competitors. Look on the back to see why you should remove your sign."

The back says "Your “no gun” sign is bad for business. It does nothing to make you safer. It simply tells criminals you’re an easy target and drives away good customers with a concealed carry license. Unlike most people, license holders have passed a criminal background check. Statistics show we are far more law-abiding than the general public. Our numbers are growing every day. We are ideal customers and will patronize your business if you let us. Remove your sign and I, my family, and many other gun owners

will gladly return."

When we get concealed carry, similar cards will be handy for us to help educate business owners. Our Ohio brethren have had some success with these cards.

I like that idea, think I'll get myself a few for use after Illinois passes RTC :thumbsup:

same here i'm in for about 100 of those cards.

I predict that Chicago/Cook will spend millions on free "No Gun" signs and associated advertising after our natural human right of self-defense is restored in all of Illinois. 12 months after the ban on self-defense is gone, half the signs will be taken down from businesses. 24 months after the ban is gone, just 1 in 20 businesses in Chicago will still be displaying the "No Gun" signs.

You guys in chicago need to get your cross breed super tuck IWBs now and start experimenting with what position on your waist is comfortable and what position hides it best. If you tuck your shirt it is going to take some trial and error to find the right spot and it takes a lot of practice to be able to rip, access, draw and fire in 2 1/2 seconds. Some people give me crap about carrying everywhere I can under 182 but I'm doing so I can be best prepared for when we can carry everywhere. There are some types of jeans that I can't wear because the belt loops don't match up with where the clips need to be on my iwb and some pants make it ride higher or lower. There's a lot more to it than just slapping it on and walking out the door.

Off the subject, but just curious, Drylock. I love my Supertuck when it's cool and its concealability is amazing, but wonder if it turns into a big, sweaty mess when it's hot and humid? Or do you change your carry method in the summer? Thanks in advance...

will gladly return."

I recall reading on the Ohio carry site years ago, that some wag would go into a store with a no guns sign, load up on a lot of high ticket items, and just after the cashier rang it up, would ask for the manager to come over and explain that since the the store had a no-guns sign, he couldn't in good faith be in the store, since he 'might' be carrying. And walk out, leaving the merchandise, unpaid for and unpurchased, just sitting there, blocking the cashier stand, and smile on the way out the door.

I wonder how many times that was done, actually. Then again, how many managers and store owners would take down the sign.

Not saying I would do that here in ILL.......just sayin.....

You guys in chicago need to get your cross breed super tuck IWBs now and start experimenting with what position on your waist is comfortable and what position hides it best. If you tuck your shirt it is going to take some trial and error to find the right spot and it takes a lot of practice to be able to rip, access, draw and fire in 2 1/2 seconds. Some people give me crap about carrying everywhere I can under 182 but I'm doing so I can be best prepared for when we can carry everywhere. There are some types of jeans that I can't wear because the belt loops don't match up with where the clips need to be on my iwb and some pants make it ride higher or lower. There's a lot more to it than just slapping it on and walking out the door.
Off the subject, but just curious, Drylock. I love my Supertuck when it's cool and its concealability is amazing, but wonder if it turns into a big, sweaty mess when it's hot and humid? Or do you change your carry method in the summer? Thanks in advance...

If your cross breed is made of horse hide you'll be fine when it gets hot. If it's made of cow hide you may get a little sweaty. My job has no dress code to speak of so in the summer I simply keep my shirt untucked which helps with concealment as well as keeping cool.

If your cross breed is made of horse hide you'll be fine when it gets hot. If it's made of cow hide you may get a little sweaty. My job has no dress code to speak of so in the summer I simply keep my shirt untucked which helps with concealment as well as keeping cool.

Awesome; thanks. You make me glad I spurged on the horsehide...

Anyone want to make a bet that Cook County or Chicago gives these "No Guns" signs out to people for free and charge taxpayers for the cost? Anyone also want to bet that businesses that put them up get some sort of privelage or benefit from the city or county?

So let's come up with a sign that says Concealed or Open carry firearms welcome..

I need one now. I intend to welcome those who want to carry at my office...

Regards, Drd

I've actually seen them on businesses in other states.

http://www.1776coalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Concealed-and-Carry-Permit-Holders-Welcome.jpg

Anyone want to make a bet that Cook County or Chicago gives these "No Guns" signs out to people for free and charge taxpayers for the cost? Anyone also want to bet that businesses that put them up get some sort of privelage or benefit from the city or county?

Do you have your license to fly that black helicopter? :P

Whether it's the city or an anti-organization, I'll bet you see a full page ad in the Chicago Tribune. The ad will simply be the NO GUN sign that's been discussed. That will make it very easy for 1000's of businesses and locations to post. Tear it out and hang it in the window.

On a related note, it will make it very easy for 1000's of criminals to target. And, it will help to make my shopping choices much easier.

This is in reply to Vespa's post #40 tried posting, quoting him and it didn't work.

There was a topic on Tennessee Gun Owner's Forum, www.tngunowners.com titled HCP Friendly Sign in Pulaski. It talks about the Golden Buffet, a Chinese restaurant in Pulaski Tennessee (921 W. College) on Hyw 64 that has a nice big sign on the door "Tennessee HCP Welcomed" The owner is said to be a member of the AR15 forum and has had the sign up since 2009.

I found that they are rated at 4 1/2 stars (out of 5) on Urbanspoon.com so it might be a gun friendly restaurant you'd like to visit if going through Tennessee. I'm sure they'd welcome Pa, Utah, Florida, etc. LTC holders as well as Tennessee.

The sign is said to be available though the AR15 forum. It seems to be a discreet way to welcome right to carry folks while not losing business from Brady Bunch sympathizers.

Saw this sign in Burlington, Iowa last year. Notice it doesn't spell out in words that firearms are not allowed on the premises.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/stm86/IMAG0038.jpg

Kinda of vague. Anyway, my family and I have a secret hand signal to tell me if they see a No Guns sign before I get to the door of a business.

I predict that Chicago/Cook will spend millions on free "No Gun" signs and associated advertising after our natural human right of self-defense is restored in all of Illinois. 12 months after the ban on self-defense is gone, half the signs will be taken down from businesses. 24 months after the ban is gone, just 1 in 20 businesses in Chicago will still be displaying the "No Gun" signs.

I agree with your logic. It's what happens in other states. The cities that are anti-gun pass out the signs to all businesses and "strongly suggest" they put them up. Most do out of ignorance. After some time, only the truly committed antis keep them up though, after they get enough "no guns = no money" cards and conversations.

I agree with your logic. It's what happens in other states. The cities that are anti-gun pass out the signs to all businesses and "strongly suggest" they put them up. Most do out of ignorance. After some time, only the truly committed antis keep them up though, after they get enough "no guns = no money" cards and conversations.

+1 and the people that keep up the sign is the ones that keep getting robed.

The best thing to do when we see one of these signs ... go to another store that is gun friendly , buy what you need , then make a copy of your receipt and sent it with your no guns - no mony card. That lets them see just how much money they are loosing because of their sign.

Do you have your license to fly that black helicopter? :P

Black helicopters are very real when it comes to this issue here in Chicago, make no mistake.

On top of that, does anyone want to bet that there will be an anti-gun sign in the Sun Times newspaper for people to use, either as an insert or a cut-out of the back page?

Saw this sign in Burlington, Iowa last year. Notice it doesn't spell out in words that firearms are not allowed on the premises.

Kinda of vague. Anyway, my family and I have a secret hand signal to tell me if they see a No Guns sign before I get to the door of a business.

The worst part is that is says "in regards to."

will gladly return."

Better yet, a sticker we can slap next to their sign that highlights all of that. I'm not going to go into a store with such a sign, and wait around for a management type to give him the routine. Create a sticker that's clear and to the point, No Guns - No Patronage.

It wouldn't be a big shock if the "No guns allowed" signs were required in the city/county, as a condition of getting a business license.

Of course it will never pass constitutional muster, but by the time the case makes it through the courts the damage will have already been done.

It wouldn't be a big shock if the "No guns allowed" signs were required in the city/county, as a condition of getting a business license.

Of course it will never pass constitutional muster, but by the time the case makes it through the courts the damage will have already been done.

Exaclty ! or Chicago will make businesses get a special insurance if they refuse to put up a "NO GUNS ALLOWED" sticker.

Remember that we are dealing with the DIRTIEST FIGHTING CITY in the History of the world, munus maybe Rome. They will use every possible scap of law to finagle their way into getting what they want and they are Oh so good at just that. If CCW passes it will mark the very beginning of the fight for us in Cook/Chicago.

So let's come up with a sign that says Concealed or Open carry firearms welcome..

I need one now. I intend to welcome those who want to carry at my office...

Regards, Drd

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/UncleHarleysAntlerArt/support2adoorsticker.jpg

I have a couple of stickers left I can send you one, I have one on my business, I can give you the contact of the guy that makes them for me and he can do you up as many as you wish to hand out. I suppose if every business in town posted these, a particular town would be pretty much allowed to carry anywhere.

This bank news has been making the rounds of the internet for a while... The sign is too big for me and I could not care less if they have a stinkin' permit or not... something simple like, "Guns Welcome" might work...

http://www.kens5.com...-103920673.html

Regards, Drd

makes me want to move to Texas just watching it. when are these people going to learn that more guns less crime.

The best thing to do when we see one of these signs ... go to another store that is gun friendly , buy what you need , then make a copy of your receipt and sent it with your no guns - no mony card. That lets them see just how much money they are loosing because of their sign.

That is a great idea. I recall reading on the Ohio Concealed Carry Forum about a guy who was in a dealership to buy a new car and had to leave the salesman and go out to his car for something. When coming back he noticed a no-guns sign. He said to the salesman, I noticed your sign. I won't be buying that car hear. Imagine if he sent that salesman a copy of his order for a new car from another dealer. Don't you think the salesman is going to tell managent about the business they lost?

Is it THE finger? :laugh:

Is it THE finger? :laugh:

Nope, not quite. Think SHOT CLOCK VIOLATION.

If I didn't have younger children, your suggestion might be more appropriate.

Archived