• 4,273 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

Sat April 21
10 AM to 3 PM

VP VFW Post 2801
39 E St Charles Rd 60181

$5 admission

http://villaparkvfw....ms-vendors-show

Edited by InterestedBystander, 13 April 2018 - 02:51 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#2 MagSlap

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Sounds cool....

#3 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Sounds cool....

It's kind of a small venue but worth going to depending on how far you travel. They seem to hold it once or twice a year.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

#4 Hipshot Percussion

• 2,492 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

Check out their basement indoor range while you're there.  The last I went, they were giving everyone a look see.  Membership was cheap and shooting was cheap.

“I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish: I have kept the faith."  Timothy Chapter 4 verse 7

"Legitimate self-defense has absolutely nothing to do with the criminal misuse of guns."   Gerald Vernon, veteran firearms instructor

New Gunner Journal

#5 MagSlap

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

On my calender.. :)

#6 Briantime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

Interesting that they have a range. I remember when they had the fire and I assumed (incorrectly) that would be the end of their range. Glad to hear they got it up and going again. That is blocks from my house and I would love to be able to support them with membership and shoot there but I don't think I qualify based on what I can gather from the website...

#7 InterestedBystander

• 4,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Interesting that they have a range. I remember when they had the fire and I assumed (incorrectly) that would be the end of their range. Glad to hear they got it up and going again. That is blocks from my house and I would love to be able to support them with membership and shoot there but I don't think I qualify based on what I can gather from the website...

I went through tour at their last gun show. They rebuilt and it was pretty new. Airflow turnover was very quick. It is a small range, 5 lanes I think. There used to be some ammo restrictions iirc but it sounds like that may no longer be the case.

I believe there is a supporting membership anyone can join through. In addition to fees, I believe there were a number of service hours with that level to be worked the first year.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 16 April 2018 - 02:14 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

#8 Sweeper13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

From what I remember...., 40$ a year, join as Friends Of The Post membership, volunteer 10 hrs a yr. Then 10$ range fee after you join, no hollow points any pistol caliber.  I think they will do a range demo all day of the gun show.

Edited by Sweeper13, 16 April 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#9 InterestedBystander

• 4,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

From what I remember...., 40$ a year, join as Friends Of The Post membership, volunteer 10 hrs a yr. Then 10$ range fee after you join, no hollow points any pistol caliber.  I think they will do a range demo all day of the gun show.

Quotes from web page...http://villaparkvfw.org/gun-range/. The show notice indicates tours of the range are available.

..."Our range is open to all Post VFW Members, our VFW Auxiliary Members, and our Friends of the Post (FOTP) sponsors, and their families.

This is a private range for our members only.

Our calendar will show days and times when our volunteer RSOs will be in the range only for our members use.

Our range is a 50 ft. (Per NRA Match Standards) range that uses a state of the art computer controlled target system. One can shoot any common centerfire pistol cartridges, NO centerfire rifles are allowed.

Our range has excellent air circulation. The exchange is superior to other ranges and it is heated and cooled for year round comfort.

Our range has been operational now for 4 years."...

Edited by InterestedBystander, 16 April 2018 - 04:32 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users