First bump stocks now Trump wants to ban suppressors

bearwidnezz

From Guns of America website:

Donald Trump doesnt like suppressors. At all. He told a reporter precisely that last week on the South Lawn of the White House before departing on Marine One.

I dont like them at all, replied the president when asked by the reporter if silencers should be restricted?

Days later Trump took it one step further, telling Piers Morgan (of all people) that hed contemplate a retroactive ban of the accessories like his administration did with reciprocating stocks in 2018.

Id like to think about it [banning suppressors]. I mean nobodys talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and were looking at that. Im going to seriously look at it. I dont love the idea of it, the president said to Morgan during an interview on Good Morning Britain.

Me thought that Sir Donald along with Master Jr. we’re on our side?

Not sure why we send money to the NRA if they aren’t in his ears, both sides!

I personally could care less about bump stocks.

But where’s is the talk about national carry?

I see and can tell his plate is full right now, but for the love of god man, take 30 minutes a day to talk about the 2nd!

You’d think he knows he needs our votes this time around, but if he’s no better than a Democrat is no really cares?

Lose ground here with Republicans or lose ground with the Democrats.....

Coming next... heck retroactively ban magazines over 10 rounds.

With friends like these...

Will he retain his positive NRA rating?

For once, I agree with you lol.

I’ve been vocal about my support for Trump in the past, but the fact remains

1. His ATF banned bumpstocks

2. He publically endorsed red flag laws (take the guns first, due process second)

3. He opened his mouth on suppressors

4. His DOJ under Barr is assembling a task force to disarm people who have been convicted of misdemeanor crimes (as of this week)

I think he’s don’t a lot of good in other areas, but he and his administration are terrible on 2A issues

In a meeting with congressional leaders on 28 Feb 2018, Trump said he would not sign a national reciprocity bill (after campaigning two years earlier that he would sign one), but he would sign an "assault weapons" ban if it passed Congress. Video clips of Feinstein, who was sitting next to him, laughing gleefully were all over the place at the time. Trump is on Trump's side.

2. He publically endorsed red flag laws (take the guns first, due process second)

4. His DOJ under Barr is assembling a task force to disarm people who have been convicted of misdemeanor crimes (as of this week)

I think he’s don’t a lot of good in other areas, but he and his administration are terrible on 2A issues

Steve- Can you provide a link or additional info regarding your point #4 above?

Steve- Can you provide a link or additional info regarding your point #4 above?

This link is a possibility... maybe Steve has more?

The Justice Department Wants To Address Mass Shootings By Putting More Domestic Abusers Behind Bars

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department on Tuesday announced a new push to boost federal gun prosecutions for domestic abusers, highlighting it as part of an effort to address mass shootings. Advocates for domestic violence survivors and gun safety groups say it’s a good step, but won’t make a serious dent unless loopholes are closed that limit whom the feds can take to court.

Under federal law, most people convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence crime are barred from possessing a gun, as are individuals covered by court orders restraining them from stalking or threatening an intimate partner. Any felony conviction, regardless of the crime, also means the offender can’t have a gun. Federal law defines “domestic violence” as covering abuse by a current or former spouse or “intimate partner” — defined as spouses, people who share children, or who have lived together — but not a current or former dating partner, which advocacy groups say is a significant gap.

The Justice Department thinks it can do better. On Tuesday, the department announced that Attorney General Bill Barr had created a task force of nine US attorneys to explore challenges facing federal prosecutors in bringing these cases, and to come up with training models and best practices.

...more...

Not sure why we send money to the NRA if they aren’t in his ears, both sides!

I personally could care less about bump stocks.

I see and can tell his plate is full right now, but for the love of god man, take 30 minutes a day to talk about the 2nd!

You’d think he knows he needs our votes this time around, but if he’s no better than a Democrat is no really cares?

Lose ground here with Republicans or lose ground with the Democrats.....

exactly all the talk about national carry to get elected but now zzzzzz

Trump has been worse on 2A then even Barry was, which is ridiculous. People voted for this clown expecting national reciprocity and at least friendliness to the 2nd, but he's done nothing but set us back.

Trump has been worse on 2A then even Barry was, which is ridiculous. People voted for this clown expecting national reciprocity and at least friendliness to the 2nd, but he's done nothing but set us back.

National reciprocity will never get passed between anti-gun Democrats, RINOs, and the "state right" faction of the GOP who are against the federal government telling states what to do.

National reciprocity will never get passed between anti-gun Democrats, RINOs, and the "state right" faction of the GOP who are against the federal government telling states what to do.

Why wasn't it passed when the Republicans held the White House, The Senate and the House for the first two years of Trump's term? The Republicans did not even try!

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, June 16, 2019 at 08:22 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, June 16, 2019 at 08:22 AM - No reason given

Why wasn't it passed when the Republicans held the White House, The Senate and the House for the first two years of Trump's term? The Republicans did not even try!

So why did you march with MFOL then on 3/24/18? You marched/protested with anti-gunners and yet here you are. Please explain.

Look man, I know we have very little allies in Congress, but you prentending to be pro gun isnt helping. Was it a mistake? Do you agree with MFOL?

And The Donald (narcissist buffoon in chief) was wasting time and energy tweeting/tweaking the world to the delight of his sophomoric fan club.

Remember the weeks of Sean Spicer being pushed on stage to rant about crowd size? Scaramucci? That drama-fest ate up all sorts of political capital

As many of us have been saying, the Donald has been a democrat longer than he’s been a republican. He ran for the republican nomination because he saw an opportunity to exploit a fragmented market. He had no unique value proposition for him in the Democrat field. We now have a game show host as President.

Only a willful idiot would be surprised that he has acted like this. Hopefully, he will not be presented with an “infrastructure for gun control” trade in his remaining time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And The Donald (narcissist buffoon in chief) was wasting time and energy tweeting/tweaking the world to the delight of his sophomoric fan club.

Remember the weeks of Sean Spicer being pushed on stage to rant about crowd size? Scaramucci? That drama-fest ate up all sorts of political capital

As many of us have been saying, the Donald has been a democrat longer than hes been a republican. He ran for the republican nomination because he saw an opportunity to exploit a fragmented market. He had no unique value proposition for him in the Democrat field. We now have a game show host as President.

Only a willful idiot would be surprised that he has acted like this. Hopefully, he will not be presented with an infrastructure for gun control trade in his remaining time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have little doubt that he would make that trade after seeing his actions so far on guns. Candidate Trump is not the same as President Trump. That said, still better than ANY dem running in 2020

And The Donald (narcissist buffoon in chief) was wasting time and energy tweeting/tweaking the world to the delight of his sophomoric fan club. Remember the weeks of Sean Spicer being pushed on stage to rant about crowd size? Scaramucci? That drama-fest ate up all sorts of political capital As many of us have been saying, the Donald has been a democrat longer than he’s been a republican. He ran for the republican nomination because he saw an opportunity to exploit a fragmented market a high profile branding opportunity for his business. He had no unique value proposition for him in the Democrat field. We now have a game show host as President. Only a willful idiot would be surprised that he has acted like this. Hopefully, he will not be presented with an “infrastructure for gun control” trade in his remaining time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now... based on the record of our current President... gun, ammo and accessory sales should be through the roof.

How many conservative judges has Trump appointed? He can send all the mean words in tweets that his heart desires. It's what is actually on paper that I'm concerned with. Filling benches full of constitutionalists shouldn't hurt the 2A like the appointees Hil would have given us.

That's a cop out, and you know it.

Trump is an Anti, I don't care who he appointed. HE is an Anti.

Until people wake up to that fact, he's going to keep trampling all over the 2nd amendment without people standing up to it. He's a far worse opponent to the 2nd than any Democrat, because people let him get away with it.

How many conservative judges has Trump appointed? He can send all the mean words in tweets that his heart desires. It's what is actually on paper that I'm concerned with. Filling benches full of constitutionalists shouldn't hurt the 2A like the appointees Hil would have given us.

That's a cop out, and you know it.

Trump is an Anti, I don't care who he appointed. HE is an Anti.

Until people wake up to that fact, he's going to keep trampling all over the 2nd amendment without people standing up to it. He's a far worse opponent to the 2nd than any Democrat, because people let him get away with it.

Does that mean you'll be voting for Camilla Harris then?

Does that mean you'll be voting for Camilla Harris then?

There is another Republican running for the nomination, and others waiting in the wings. Some might actually be Republicans and Conservatives... our current President is neither.

Trump is 100% a Trumper.

A vote for Trump is a vote for whatever is good for Trump.

Archived