License re-newal

DRW

How long does it take the wonderful state to renew ones permit? Mine expires in June and I don't want to wait to long for it back. Plus I don't want to submit it too early.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

You haven't resubmitted yet????

J/k

You should apply as soon as your button becomes available, unless you are worried about stretching every penny of your last permit.

Why? Do you like subjugating yourself to the Illinois legislature? I dont and it has nothing to do with stretching every penny. My card expires Feb 28. I submitted my renewal on Feb 8. If the ISP is so inept that they can not renew in 3 weeks, thats their problem, not mine. And I will legally carry until they get their crap in order. F Illinois

Yes it is. You are legal to carry after the expiration date on previous permit as long as you have completed training for the 3 hour renewal and submitted to the state.

Here it is, in the law to back this up in case you want to have it "on paper":

(430 ILCS 66/70)

Sec. 70. Violations.

© A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

Archived