Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Update: Molly B. gave me info to followup with the ISP. I left a message Oct 29.

Nov 5 I think my span class changed. It used to say "submitted">Under Review

It changed to

"UNDERREVIEW">Under Review

Unless that was from the website design change.

November 16 The ISP sent me an email saying I was Approved and my card would arrive in a few weeks.

Today November 21 it finally arrived.

Submitted 2/18, received 11/21

Total wait 277 Days or 9 Months and 3 days.

I haven't even had a speeding ticket in the last 5 years so no idea how my application got delayed for so long.

Thank You Molly B. For all the work you do on behalf of everyone on here. I can only imagine how long I would have been waiting without your help!

I submitted back on feb 18 2020. I'm at 253 days. Still just says Submitted Under Review when I inspect the code.

Anything I should be doing?

I'm not sure if this is outside the norm due to the current situation but my renewal is now at 160 days :(

5/7/2015 original ccl issued

5/7/2020 ccl should have expired

2/18/2020 submitted renewal without prints

7/27/2020 current status "SUBMITTED">Under Review

I realize I'm currently legal to carry while it's pending but I would rather not be carrying with an expired license.

Applied: 06/07/2020.. Day number 93 and still says Under review.

No fingerprints submitted! Im hoping for 120 days!!!!

Update: Still “under review” Did the inspect element and still says submitted 134 days and counting. Idk what to do at this point!

UPDATE: FINALLY ACTIVE AFTER 180 DAYS!!! I applied 06/07/2020 . Its crazy that it took this long! Now im just waiting for the Card .

We moved to Texas in August. I did my LTC (License to Carry) stuff in October after waiting forever to get a TX driver's license. Got my finger prints done Nov. 4th. Got my permit today!

So here in Texas, the time to get your permit is roughly two weeks after you complete the application and prints. Cost is only $40.

So glad we made the move!

FYI for when it comes times to renew, Texas has several exceptions that will waive our fee, or reduce the amount by either 50% or to $5, or completely free.

1. If your a veteran, or currently serving active duty.

2. If your active LEO or retired Leo, including jail or prison guards.

3. Currently employed and certified Paramedics and EMTs

4. Anyone with national recognized CPR tracing that is NOT required for employment by your employer.

5. Judges federal or state.

6. indigent

7. Over the age of 60

Keep in mind though, that Illinois and Minnesota will NOT honor a Texas LTC for the purpose of carrying concealed. Minnesota recognizes Illinois.

Applied without prints 7-26-20. Checked yesterday to find rejected as they didn’t like my picture. Uploaded a new one right away. Reeeeaaalllyyy hoping to not have to wait several more months.

The sad thing about this is, they don't inform you about it in anyway other than the portal.

So if you are not logging in say each month or every 2 weeks then you will never know like you just found out.

the picture could have been rejected in August and you might have had a card by now.

Just be sure to check your portals guys n gals regularly......

Applied without prints 7-26-20. Checked yesterday to find rejected as they didn’t like my picture. Uploaded a new one right away. Reeeeaaalllyyy hoping to not have to wait several more months.

The sad thing about this is, they don't inform you about it in anyway other than the portal.

So if you are not logging in say each month or every 2 weeks then you will never know like you just found out.

the picture could have been rejected in August and you might have had a card by now.

Just be sure to check your portals guys n gals regularly......

I generally check every couple days or so. So, it wasn’t sitting long like that. But still, here is what you need. If it meets what they want, it should just put it to rest, not sit and fester again for months. Wouldn’t make sense to do that.

Took the CCL class in August with a friend. She applied 8/9 and received her card 12/19. I took the same class, applied the same day and I am still under review. Only difference was that in July I applied for an address change on my FOID which is also under review.

Many threads about interrupting the timeline with address changes, name changes etc.

Once the new information is input the timeline resets or is put on hold till the new information is done.

Couple of pinned threads irrc on the same subject

The status below will probably surprise no one as it has sadly become the norm, but I will share with the community anyway:

I applied for IL CCL on 7/20 w/o prints (Cook County), and the application is still "under review". Today is 121 days since application.

Cook County

Applied w/out prints on 7/20

Active on 12/21

154 days

Archived