Revoked For Instructor Error Appeal Times

wyattc

I was revoked October 11th after 2 years due to invalid class by instructor.

I took another class that finished October 28th and sent my online appeal with my new certificate to the ISP.

I am valid as of yesterday (November 9th, 2018). Less than 2 weeks after my appeal.

I'm not sure if I got lucky, or if this is how quickly the appeals with a new cert go, but I wanted to let anybody know who's in the same situation as me how long it took me.

I did contact the State reps and governor's office, so that may have hwlped, though I never heard anything back from either.

When I submitted my renewal, it asked for my instructor ID, and I eventually got to his screen asking to upload the training documents. It would not let you beyond this point without uploading something. It also stated to only upload a training certificate issued by in Illinois certified instructor. I didn’t feel right submitting a training certificate that I signed myself so I just uploaded my NRA credentials which they already have. Two weeks now and nothing from the state police we’ll see what happens. Still under review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I submitted my renewal, it asked for my instructor ID, and I eventually got to his screen asking to upload the training documents. It would not let you beyond this point without uploading something. It also stated to only upload a training certificate issued by in Illinois certified instructor. I didn’t feel right submitting a training certificate that I signed myself so I just uploaded my NRA credentials which they already have. Two weeks now and nothing from the state police we’ll see what happens. Still under review.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

My understanding is that instructors are to upload current (NRA) training credentials.

I’m a couple weeks away from renewal. I have printed out a current NRA INSTUCTOR certificate with an updated “valid through” date which I intend to upload on renewal. As my credentials have expired, I had uploaded just my updated credentials card. I’ll probably scan the two as one document to upload. Only the card has my NRA number. Both have the same date.

Hoping that will cover it.

• 4 weeks later...

When I submitted my renewal, it asked for my instructor ID, and I eventually got to his screen asking to upload the training documents. It would not let you beyond this point without uploading something. It also stated to only upload a training certificate issued by in Illinois certified instructor. I didn’t feel right submitting a training certificate that I signed myself so I just uploaded my NRA credentials which they already have. Two weeks now and nothing from the state police we’ll see what happens. Still under review. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just submitted my renewal as an instructor a few minutes ago.

On the page with training document requirements there are a couple of check boxes for exemptions, LEO, FCC, and CCL Instructor.

My Instructor status is active so I just checked the CCL Instructor box and that was it, all I had to upload was a new head and shoulders photo.

Still under review.

But last week my FOID CARD renewal was rejected due to address did not match. My FCCL had that address! My license shows a different Zip only because it was changed by the USPS, but I changed that years ago on line with SOS. resubmitted but am sure will be rejected again, I will probably have to go to SOS. My wife had to go down to SOS in person because the online system although saying the information was updated never actually changed it. I have a feeling that is what happened here.

My understanding is that instructors are to upload current (NRA) training credentials.

I’m a couple weeks away from renewal. I have printed out a current NRA INSTUCTOR certificate with an updated “valid through” date which I intend to upload on renewal. As my credentials have expired, I had uploaded just my updated credentials card. I’ll probably scan the two as one document to upload. Only the card has my NRA number. Both have the same date.

Hoping that will cover it.

When I filled out my application I was prepared to upload my NRA Training Credentials... until I noticed the EXEMPTION box just below the upload box. I had to exit the application to look up my CCT# to validate the EXEMPTION, but it worked. I was not required to upload anything other than a new photo.

There was second hand info from ISP that we were to upload our original credentials. I believe this was inaccurate info... it's possible both methods will work.

Please, keep us posted.

Archived