States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry

Molly B.

Is anyone else getting a redirect warning when clicking on the handgunlaw.us link in the opening post - or just me?

Not just you. I get a warning do not hotlink. I use Comcast.

Is anyone else getting a redirect warning when clicking on the handgunlaw.us link in the opening post - or just me?

Not just you. I get a warning do not hotlink. I use Comcast.

I'm using firefox

Just worked for me on Firefox. No warning. Used this link: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Edited by ming

Not on your PC. I also get it when clicking on link, but not when going there and following through site. This was same problem when handgun law was under DOS attack, but he just posted all should be fixed now.

ETA: The handgunlaw.us link a couple of posts above is fine. It's the two PDFs of the IL map in the first post that cause the problem. If you go to the handgunlaw site and select the IL site, it loads fine. Can't tell what there is about the post that is different in the URL.

Trying a new link to see what happens: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

ETA2: This one works OK.

Edited by InterestedBystander

• 2 weeks later...

Personally if Illinois doesn't honor my states permit then I feel that my state should NOT honor theirs.

Why punish the citizens of Illinois, who are at the mercy of the politicians? You would restrict someone's 2A rights in your state just because their state doesn't respect yours?

I would always err on the side of freedom, even if it is unilateral.

Missouri, for example, honors permits from every state. It has no prerequisite for reciprocity. I'm grateful for that and love visiting Missouri with their respect for the 2nd amendment.

Edited by kwc

Illinois still blows.

Glad I moved to Tennessee.

Personally if Illinois doesn't honor my states permit then I feel that my state should NOT honor theirs.

I also feel that Cook County should be eliminated from the United States.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

So you don't believe in individual civil rights apparently?

Edited by Gamma

Illinois still blows.

Glad I moved to Tennessee.

I also feel that Cook County should be eliminated from the United States.

gThank you and good luck to everyone.

The more states recognizing the IL license strengthens our argument for reciprocity.

What about South Carolina? Any idea why our permit is not allowed there yet?

I bet the other states are wondering the same about their licenses not being allowed in Illinois.. Any idea why our permit is not allowed there yet?

I bet the other states are wondering the same about their licenses not being allowed in Illinois.. Any idea why our permit is not allowed there yet?

I know the answer to this one. It's because their carry law, like ours and the majority of other states, do not have recognition written into it, as would be proper per the 14th Amendment. There are many states that have it right, though.

I know the answer to this one. It's because their carry law, like ours and the majority of other states, do not have recognition written into it, as would be proper per the 14th Amendment. There are many states that have it right, though.

LOL. My response was rhetorical.

I think SC requires the other state to reciprocate in order for SC to recognize their licenses. Illinois doesn't reciprocate with any other state.

Looks like they only recognize states with which they have a formal reciprocity agreement. Illinois has no provision for recognition or agreements spelled out in the law.

There are only a few states remaining as potentials for one-way recognition. VA, MN, TX, and an extremely slim chance at NM. Unless some other state/s change their laws, or Illinois starts recognizing other licenses, that's it.

Is getting IL to recognize MN the only way MN will recognize IL? Or is there another avenue?

MN does recognition based on analysis of permit requirements, so one would think they would add Illinois. They don't do agreements or require reciprocity. I've inquired with them as to whether they had yet analyzed IL licenses and not received an answer yet. I wish they did do agreements, if they did, they'd have OH and NM and I'd pick up a non-res from them to cover all the extra states I don't have now.

Is getting IL to recognize MN the only way MN will recognize IL? Or is there another avenue?

MN does recognition based on analysis of permit requirements, so one would think they would add Illinois. They don't do agreements or require reciprocity. I've inquired with them as to whether they had yet analyzed IL licenses and not received an answer yet. I wish they did do agreements, if they did, they'd have OH and NM and I'd pick up a non-res from them to cover all the extra states I don't have now.

Who did you contact in MN? I'd much like to see MN on the list, too.