How to contact ISP to reset CCL portal password

Hello,

My apologies if this is the wrong place to seek help on this topic. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I was trying to get into the ISP CCL portal, but have forgotten my password. It wont allow me to reset from the web page, as it says I don't have the answer to the security question. Can't remember what the question was, and it does not prompt you for it. I then attempted to call the ISP and end up at a answering machine that says they have to many callers and to try again later.

Finally I attempted to utilize the Illinois State Police CCW Inquiry form, to send an email asking for help. Foiled yet again as It would not let me do that - saying that my Concealed Carry License # needed to be 13 characters instead of the 10 that make up my license number.

Hoping someone has some advice on how to move this forward.

Thank You,

Mark

I just went through the same ordeal. I originally applied in early 2014.

The following worked for me. Hope it helps.

I Clicked the register new account.

Entered the correct info.

I used a new email address and a new user ID.

Followed the rest of the steps until it took me to my original dashboard, that still had my original email address but with my new user ID.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hopefully ok to being this back to the top.

When you register you need to use a different email address then you did 5 years ago. It can be anything as once you get into the system you can just change the email back to the one you want. I have used BS@Illinois.gov .

One source I read aaid to not let the ISP site "auto populate" your old email address as it will lock you out of the new account. From what you're saying I assume this is not the case?

Thanks!

When you register you need to use a different email address then you did 5 years ago. It can be anything as once you get into the system you can just change the email back to the one you want. I have used BS@Illinois.gov .

This is not true. I have helped numerous students register as new users with their original email address. Including my wife and myself and have not had a problem yet.

Archived