WOMAN BRUTALLY ASSAULTED IN CAUGHT-ON-CAMERA ROBBERY IN BROOKLYN SPEAKS OUT

protean

They thought she was pointing a sandwich at them?

Freaking scum. The worst part is, even if such a woman had a carry permit here, she would be unarmed and defenseless anyway, because "our" legislators decided to eat up the law the begrudgingly passed with exceptions.

This video needs to go to every state legislator. Public transportation is likely statistically the most dangerous place one can possibly be. Worse still, if you have to use public transportation to get to and from work, you have effectively purchased a denial of right to bear arms along with your overpriced ticket. And, as that video showed, not only are you not protected from these scum, they are usually never caught, and likely prey on defenseless passengers over and over, since it's a CPZ.

If we did what they did in Ferguson, you can bet your behinds that each and every one of us would have been teargassed, beaten to heck and arrested for mob action. Yet, we are the "privileged" ones. Oh, it is to laugh.

Well, if the police investigating this are anything like the two cowardly pieces of worthless dung who hid in a subway driver's cab while Joe Lozito did their work for them, she may be waiting a long time for justice.

So much for protecting the public.

LE cannot be everywhere at once. Citizens have a right to protect themselves.

Could the cell phone not be tracked if it were used, or even turned on?

I'd be willing to bet these guys have some priors that should turn up some mug shots, if the crime was really investigated.

So much for protecting the public.

LE cannot be everywhere at once. Citizens have a right to protect themselves.

Allow me to gently correct you right now. Many people outside the 2A arena perceive rights differently than us, and allow themselves to fall into the "reasonable restriction" category, including where and when one can protect themselves, often having to do with the perception of police presence.

How many of us have heard the example that we don't need concealed carry in the city where there are cops?

They do not understand the legal history of the issue, which is much different than the emotional side, and facts that the left cannot deny, and in fact often attempt to ignore or dismiss.

The government bears no affirmative duty of protection (read liability for a failure) for the average citizen. This was decided in 1856 in the Supreme Court case South v Maryland (59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433), and has been reinforced by a score of decisions since:

Castle Rock v. Gonzales (04-278) 545 U.S. 748 (2005)

DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, 489 U.S. 189, 109 S.Ct. 998, 1989 (1989)

Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d 1, 1981)

Hartzler v. City of San Jose, 46 Cal.App.3d 6, 120 Cal.Rptr. 5 (1975)

Westbrooks v. State, 173 Cal.App.3d 1203, 219 Cal.Rtr. 674 (1985)

Ne Casek v. City of Los Angeles, 233 Cal.App.2d 131, 43 Cal.Rptr. 294 (1965)

Susman v. City of Los Angeles, et al., 269 Cal.App.2d 803, 75 Cal.Rptr. 240 (1969)

Antique Arts Corp. v. City of Torrence, 39 Cal.App.3d 588, 114 Cal.Rptr. 332 (1974)

Riss v. City of New York, 22 N.Y.2d 579, 293 NYS2d 897, 240 N.E.2d 860 (N.Y. Ct. of Ap. 1958);

Keane v. City of Chicago, 98 Ill. App.2d 460, 240 N.E.2d 321 (1968);

Morgan v. District of Columbia, 468 A.2d 1306 (D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1983);

Calogrides v. City of Mobile, 475 So.2d 560 (S.Ct. A;a. 1985);

Morris v. Musser, 478 A.2d 937 (1984);

Davidson v. City of Westminster, 32 C.3d 197, 185 Cal.Rptr. 252, 649 P.2d 894 (S.Ct. Cal. 1982);

Chapman v. City of Philadelphia, 434 A.2d 753 (Sup.Ct. Penn. 1981);

Weutrich v. Delia, 155 N.J. Super 324, 326, 382 A.2d 929, 930 (1978);

Sapp v. City of Tallahassee, 348 So.2d 363 (Fla.Ct. of Ap. 1977);

Simpson's Food Fair v. Evansville, 272 N.E. 2d 871 (Ind.Ct. of Ap.);

Silver v. City of Minneapolis, 170 N.W.2d 206 (S.Ct. Minn. 1969)

Bowers v. DeVito, 686 F.2d 61 (7th Cir. 1982).

These cases all placed the ultimate burden of protection on the individual.

Every one.

Therefore, the ordinary citizen has not only the right, but the responsibility, for protecting themselves and their loved ones, even in areas where one might expect the police to be more available.

I'm very much aware of the Supreme Court ruling considering LE is under no obligation to protect the individual citizen, but rather a community as a whole.

What I meant was police presence cannot be everywhere to stop a violent crime from being committed.

She had to have been aware of the threat well beforehand, and if it was in her purse, they likely would've seen it. That wasn't their usual flanking maneuver. Just a complete blindside while walking past her. The way she was attacked, I doubt that she couldn've done anything with the gun in her hand, he threw here and hit her so quickly and violently. Probably would've dropped it. Cowardly ********.

She should have crossed the street when she saw a group like them coming. When they cross the street after her, she should run the other way, yell, and if she couldn't get away, pull out the gun and start shooting if necessary.

Depends on how far away they are, I wouldn't want to try to outrun them and risk turning my back on them, that's exactly how she got attacked.

That is pathetic.

Does anyone have realistic ideas on how a person could handle themselves in this situation if they were to be carrying? Purse as well as waistband carry

Pocket carry with your hand in the pocket on the gun ready to draw and...............R@(!@l profiling. The mugshots are always the same.

Not always the same but your point is taken. Let's just be careful not to shoot me as I am walking by because someone is racial profiling. Seriously though, I have no excuses at this point....it just is what it is. This isn't an orchastrated attempt by the media or "the man" to make these guys look bad. They did that all on their own. Just know the difference is all.

That is pathetic.

Does anyone have realistic ideas on how a person could handle themselves in this situation if they were to be carrying? Purse as well as waistband carry

Pocket carry with your hand in the pocket on the gun ready to draw and...............R@(!@l profiling. The mugshots are always the same.

Not always the same but your point is taken. Let's just be careful not to shoot me as I am walking by because someone is racial profiling. Seriously though, I have no excuses at this point....it just is what it is. This isn't an orchastrated attempt by the media or "the man" to make these guys look bad. They did that all on their own. Just know the difference is all.

Just avoid them at all costs. Pay attention to your surroundings. Cross the street before they get within a half block, run the other way if they cross the street when they see you do. This type of garbage has to be put to an abrupt end.

This happened to me before. I got away but it almost came to the same conclusion. Gotta be hyper aware of everything.

Were you in a GFZ? Just curious?

Well it was way before we were able to carry so everyplace was a gun free zone. I saw these guys coming a mile away and crossed the street as they started to chase me. I got away but was pretty shakin up.

When they get some lead thrown their way, some of this stuff will stop. Had that young lady been armed (not in her purse, but in pocket, etc) she may have had a fighting chance. People need to be aware and have their eyes on the potential threat at the same time hand on gun. The minute you sense something isn't right, grip your weapon and be prepared to deploy it. I bet that video would have looked a bit different had thta happened.

Just avoid them at all costs. Pay attention to your surroundings. Cross the street before they get within a half block, run the other way if they cross the street when they see you do. This type of garbage has to be put to an abrupt end.

They thought she was pointing a sandwich at them?

Freaking scum. The worst part is, even if such a woman had a carry permit here, she would be unarmed and defenseless anyway, because "our" legislators decided to eat up the law the begrudgingly passed with exceptions.

This video needs to go to every state legislator. Public transportation is likely statistically the most dangerous place one can possibly be. Worse still, if you have to use public transportation to get to and from work, you have effectively purchased a denial of right to bear arms along with your overpriced ticket. And, as that video showed, not only are you not protected from these scum, they are usually never caught, and likely prey on defenseless passengers over and over, since it's a CPZ.

I believe libraries are worse but by far less numerous

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

Archived