Democratic Lawmaker to File Discrimination Claims Against Madigan

mauserme

https://www.ilnews.org/news/state_politics/calling-capitol-an-unsafe-workplace-freshman-democratic-lawmaker-to-file/article_9ef64420-0ed0-11e9-b3b8-e7411c6c97b9.html

Calling capitol an 'unsafe workplace,' freshman Democratic lawmaker to file discrimination claims against Madigan

By Cole Lauterbach | Illinois News Network Jan 2, 2019 Updated Jan 2, 2019

A freshman Democratic state representative is filing discrimination claims against House Speaker Michael Madigan after she says he sent women lawmakers to coerce her to vote for him as speaker.

Newly-elected Rep. Anne Stava-Murray, D-Naperville, said she plans to file discrimination charges against the long-time speaker with the Illinois Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Illinois Office of Legislative Inspector General.

More at link.

Wouldn't it be fun if 4 were shamed into resignation.

Isn't a conscience a pre-requisite for feeling shame?

That leaves most of them out.

If Lou Lang can quit...

He retired.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70778

I think my new Rep. will be seeing the full power the speaker holds shortly.

She must realize she is a one term rep. As she recently announced a primary challenge against Durbin in 2020.

She was quoted in the paper that she was announcing early because she didn't want Durbin to win by default uncontested only to retire after the win so the Governor can appoint some crony. While I'm not a huge fan of the feminist politics this rep seems to have, I'm absolutely fan of someone outside the machine challenging Durbin from his side of the aisle.

I've taken part in overthrowing entrenched leadership in the corporate, club and HOA environments. I end up with "blood on my hands" that makes me toxic for a second term, but change always follows. I think she's playing the same game.

If Lou Lang can quit...

He retired.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70778

He resigned and took a position with a lobbying firm.

Likely in conjunction with his recent #MeToo moment?

Months after a #MeToo allegation prompted him to resign leadership posts in the Illinois House, State Rep. Lou Lang on Monday announced he’s resigning and joining a prominent consulting and lobbying firm.

In September, the Skokie Democrat was cleared of allegations by the state’s acting legislative inspector general. Julie Porter ruled there wasn’t enough evidence to prove harassment happened, in part because the woman who accused him would not be interviewed for the investigation.

Lang stepped down from his leadership post “to avoid distraction from the agenda of the House Democratic Caucus.” Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan said in a statement in May that Lang resigned from his leadership posts after consulting with him.

What?!

Likely won't be a second term for this "freshman democratic law maker".

I think my new Rep. will be seeing the full power the speaker holds shortly.

She must realize she is a one term rep. As she recently announced a primary challenge against Durbin in 2020.

She was quoted in the paper that she was announcing early because she didn't want Durbin to win by default uncontested only to retire after the win so the Governor can appoint some crony. While I'm not a huge fan of the feminist politics this rep seems to have, I'm absolutely fan of someone outside the machine challenging Durbin from his side of the aisle.

I've taken part in overthrowing entrenched leadership in the corporate, club and HOA environments. I end up with "blood on my hands" that makes me toxic for a second term, but change always follows. I think she's playing the same game.

Good! True change can only come through sacrifice. Are these guys in it for the change or for the status quo? I can respect someone who truly believes and sacrifices for what they perceive to be an improvement, even if I don't agree with their politics.

If Lou Lang can quit...

He retired.http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70778

He resigned and took a position with a lobbying firm.

Likely in conjunction with his recent #MeToo moment?

Months after a #MeToo allegation prompted him to resign leadership posts in the Illinois House, State Rep. Lou Lang on Monday announced hes resigning and joining a prominent consulting and lobbying firm.

In September, the Skokie Democrat was cleared of allegations by the states acting legislative inspector general. Julie Porter ruled there wasnt enough evidence to prove harassment happened, in part because the woman who accused him would not be interviewed for the investigation.

Lang stepped down from his leadership post to avoid distraction from the agenda of the House Democratic Caucus. Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan said in a statement in May that Lang resigned from his leadership posts after consulting with him.

Resiged and with a hugh retirement check of six figures LOL. He has more than enough time in to have a fully funded pension. You can resign and still get more than one retirement check from different pension plans.

I hope she accomplishes both. madigan is a parasite on IL. and durbin is the most useless politician ever to come out of IL.

Barry gave a decent run for that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... I sent an email to Duckworth - no answer, so sent her another one asking why she has a "contact me" form on her website if she has no intention of replying.

Got a "form" email..."your opinion is important to me...blah, blah, blah

Illinois Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Illinois Office of Legislative Inspector General.

OK, watch how fast this will go. We'll see results in 10....9....8....decades.

Let's see how loud and how much Ed can sing..............

Archived