Emanuel to push for state-wide handgun registry

soundguy

I hope we all realize that a bill such as this is a political ploy & isn't about to become law. I have a hard time taking a whoopie cushion seriously. But hey, count the votes.

I hope you realize that we aren't all here to exercise our internet tough guy muscles and chatter away all day. We are here to promote favorable gun bills (primarily RTC) and oppose unfavorable bills, no matter how far-fetched they may be.

Vigilance is the price of Liberty. If we all go back to sleep and let our elected officials act in our name without our oversight, we'll be New Jersey (with respect to gun rights at least) in no time.

:thumbsup: Very well said F. F.

My goal is to make them feel stupid for every trying to pass an anti gun bill no matter how big, small relevant or chance of passing.

I have already emailed everyone in the committee's for this and the ammo tax bill. So far got 2 reps that will vote no on both.

In my perfect world no antigun bill ever makes it out of committee. Then Acevedo will be pointless.

My goal is to make them feel stupid for every trying to pass an anti gun bill no matter how big, small relevant or chance of passing.

I have already emailed everyone in the committee's for this and the ammo tax bill. So far got 2 reps that will vote no on both.

In my perfect world no antigun bill ever makes it out of committee. Then Acevedo will be pointless.

Sigma ... let me just say that I greatly admire your determination and hard work. We need more folks like you!

Sigma ... let me just say that I greatly admire your determination and hard work. We need more folks like you!

+ 1!

Yes! We must be vigilant. I also sent emails to the committee on the stupid ammo tax bill. And Acevedo is already pointless; he just doesn't realize it. :D

Gun registration bill.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=5831&GAID=11&GA=97&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=66328&SessionID=84

Do reps put any weight on the views of non constituents? Would there even be a point for me to call the sponsors to tell them how wrong they are?

Gun registration bill.

http://ilga.gov/legi...28&SessionID=84

Do reps put any weight on the views of non constituents? Would there even be a point for me to call the sponsors to tell them how wrong they are?

The bill, if passed, would ultimately affect everyone in the state. Yes, it would be appropriate for you to contact them. Just because you live outside their district doesn't mean that you can't donate to their opponent in the next election or walk districts for someone else! If they're running unopposed, then work in the next distirct where there is a contested race to unseat the candidate that helps thier party maintain power.

No harm in calling/writing every legislator.

Tim

Gun registration bill.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=5831&GAID=11&GA=97&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=66328&SessionID=84

I do it all the time and most of them respond without even asking where I live. When you email them just get straight to the issue and leave your name at the end of the email. That's it.

If a bill is in committee then I will call and fax them. Because like Abolt says allowing this out of committee will affect me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but motor vehicles are not subject to universal registration under Illinois law.

A vehicle used to service one's property need not be registered as long as it is not operated in the public ways. A farmer, for example, might have an old pick up he uses on his land and , if not used off his land, it is not subject to registration.

That same farmer might do a little racing on weekends. His stock car may be transported, in a fully operational condition, from a storage building on his property to the track. Again, with no registration needed so long as it is only transported.

Finally, he might collect cars, keeping them in a shed out back. No registration required for vehicles in storage.

It is currently the same with firearms.

Like the farmer's unregistered pick up, I may utilize a firearm on my own property but may not do so in the public way.

Like the farmer's unregistered race car, I may transport my unregistered firearm from my property to other private property so long as I only transport.

Like the farmer's classics, I may keep my unregistered collection in storage.

Where Mayer Emanuel and Illinois gun owners differ is we have proposed that certain gun owners might voluntarily register themselves, rather than their firearm, so that like some vehicles our object can be used in the public ways. Where we also differ is that we have proposed to pay more than the Mayor suggested for said registration.

By using a flawed analogy the Mayor is making a point he never intended.

Edited for clarity.

There is still registration in the form of a title.

wanna bet, I have owned several trucks over the yrs without a title. But like someone already said, GUNS ARE NOT VEHICHLES

Gun registration bill.

http://ilga.gov/legi...28&SessionID=84

The bill, if passed, would ultimately affect everyone in the state. Yes, it would be appropriate for you to contact them. Just because you live outside their district doesn't mean that you can't donate to their opponent in the next election or walk districts for someone else! If they're running unopposed, then work in the next distirct where there is a contested race to unseat the candidate that helps thier party maintain power.

No harm in calling/writing every legislator.

Tim

I was going to ask how to get the names of those on the executive committee, but I went to the link for the bill and scrolled down the page and they are all listed. You could leave out my legislator Mike Bost, or if you contact say something like I know you will oppose this bill because you do not support gun registration. Acevedo is on the committe and is a sponsor of the bill, so I wouldn't make contacting him a top priority.

I went to the link for the bill and found 3 members of the executive committee with no email listed. Does anyone have emails for Edddie Lee Jackson, Robert Rita, and Joseph M. Lyons? I was thinking it is probably a good time to be contacting before this gets out of committee. We don't want to have HB148 come up for a vote and this gun registration bill at the same time and have our efforts divided between the two. I'm going to make some phone calls monday.

Gun registration bill.

Davey, You could always email them then they don't know where it is coming from. You can get some of the emails at the link in the box of your post, scrolling down to executive committee.

Archived