Live Scan Fingerprint Vendors

pdpsc

not to mention that electronic background/fingerprints is a much quicker process than a manual background check and with the number of applicants waiting on approval it would be safe to assume there will be a backlog and a longer waiting period for approval and if fingerprints are submitted electronically the wait would be much shorter.

Had my prints done by Louise in Schaumburg for $60. They also offer notary service if you ask for five bucks per stamp.

I haven't had a notary done in a long time so I don't know if that's pricey or not, but I had them do both sheets that need the stamp, so $70 in and out in 20 minutes with an appointment.

Louise said she had 31 voice mails when she showed up for work today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

She charged you $5 per stamp? By law notaries in IL can only charge $1 per stamp. They don't have to charge you anything but they can't charge more than $1.

because without prints the ISP has 120 days to process instead of 90?

True; however, until we know how long it is taking for the ISP to process similar applications with and without prints, we will not know if prints will actually get you the license faster.

This was written by a licensed Fingerprint Vendor.

She charged you $5 per stamp? By law notaries in IL can only charge $1 per stamp. They don't have to charge you anything but they can't charge more than $1.

I didn't know that. I'll remember that in case I need notary service in the future. It seems like it would be hard to make a living just being a notary.

I didn't know that. I'll remember that in case I need notary service in the future. It seems like it would be hard to make a living just being a notary.

Might be why your bank probably would have notarized it for your for free...

Through FIRM Systems, based out of Springfield. The fees for the livescan fingerprinting for the concealed carry instructors is $55 check or cash. $60 if you care to use your credit card through paypal. I am in the Pekin and Peoria area and will travel for group prints. Call for an appointment or to answer any questions. 309-353-5527 or my cell 309-613-1733

Informative Screening Solutions is now officially on the ISP list as an licensed Illinois Fingerprint Vendor Agency. We currently charge $55 for instructors and will charge the same price for applicants once the State Police allow for that to happen.

Being on the ISP list does not make you licensed. Having a Fingerprint Vendor Agency license from IDFPR is what it means to be licensed and I don't see that company listed.

This just in from the Illinois State Police, Bureau of Identification:

The creation, maintenance and publication of the Licensed Live Scan Fingerprint Vendor Agency listing has been assumed by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation (IDPR). Any consumer inquiries about the list should be directed to the IDPR website at :

https://www.idfpr.com/LicenseLookUp/fingerprintlist.asp

All references to the listing of licensed live scan fingerprint vendor agencies on the ISP website have been changed to reflect the link above.

Any fingerprint vendor agency questions pertaining to the published list should also be referred to the IDPR at 800-560-6420.

Thank you for your cooperation.

3 things I know:

1) The ISP have not sent ORI codes for CCW applicants yet

2) The ISP have not sent TCN codes for CCW applicants

3) When LiveScan prints are captured, the date, time and serial number of the LiveScan machine are encoded in the print record.

My question, how many applications are going to be rejected, and how many LiveScan vendors are going to have their authorization canceled because the date code on submitted prints is prior to the issuance of TCN and ORI codes? Adding these after the capture is likely tampering with the record.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think EVERYONE needs to wait until the ISP says 'GO' before getting their prints for their CCW application taken. Just my opinion.

No, I'm not a livescan vendor. Yes, I'm eager to get prints done. Yes, I now have my 16 hours done. YMMV, make your own decisions etc. I, for one, am not going to waster money by going with ANY vendor or trainer that is claiming to capture and queue prints for submission before the TCN and ORI is available. They clearly (to me) don't understand the rules and will likely put my application in jeopardy as a result.

The TCN number is automatically part of the fingerprint process. When the information is transmitted to the area that the fingerprints are actually taken the TCN number is recorded at that time. The TCN number is the number you need for the paperwork that you submit and also we, the vendor, need if there are any questions we need to ask ISP (whether or not the fingerprints have passed through their system or been rejected) Rejected fingerprints are caused by poor fingerprint quality and will need to be reprinted. The fee for this is $10 not a full price. The fingerprints can be rejected by state or FBI. I am very careful to make sure that I get the best prints the first time and personally have a low rejection rate.

As far as the fingerprints being rejected due to being fingerprinted too early - unless directed by the ISP otherwise, the date can be changed at the time of transmission. We have to wait for the ORI to be issued to submit the prints. The ORI directs the prints to the right area for licensing or permits.

I have already started taking appointments for the classes that are starting. Sunday mornings are booked through Dec, but I will take appointments in the central IL area for evening and other times on the weekend yet.

Thank you

The TCN number is automatically part of the fingerprint process. When the information is transmitted to the area that the fingerprints are actually taken the TCN number is recorded at that time. The TCN number is the number you need for the paperwork that you submit and also we, the vendor, need if there are any questions we need to ask ISP (whether or not the fingerprints have passed through their system or been rejected) Rejected fingerprints are caused by poor fingerprint quality and will need to be reprinted. The fee for this is $10 not a full price. The fingerprints can be rejected by state or FBI. I am very careful to make sure that I get the best prints the first time and personally have a low rejection rate.

As far as the fingerprints being rejected due to being fingerprinted too early - unless directed by the ISP otherwise, the date can be changed at the time of transmission. We have to wait for the ORI to be issued to submit the prints. The ORI directs the prints to the right area for licensing or permits.

I have already started taking appointments for the classes that are starting. Sunday mornings are booked through Dec, but I will take appointments in the central IL area for evening and other times on the weekend yet.

Thank you

Do you have a physical location we can refer class participants to? Pekin/Peoria/East Peoria?

All are done by appointment by calling either 309-353-5527 or if no answer 309-613-1733

Pekin: Monday and Tues 9 - 4:30 lunch is 12:30 to 1:30.

11 N 6th Street Corner of Margaret and 6th. Suite A (Door facing 6th Street and across from Pekin Community Bank drivethrough)

Peoria: Times and locations vary. I am currently going to two locations on a regular basis on either Wed or Thurs, depending on the appointment schedule. One location is in a complex on Richwoods and Rochelle not far from the drivers license facility on Sterling. There are 5 different buildings in this complex.

The other location is on the corner of Hines and Prospect in the Express Personell Office in Peoria Heights

4111 N Prospect, Peoria Heights, Il 61616

I will do group prints with 10 or more applicants which can be discussed for any further details. I will make special arrangements and after hour appointments.

Other locations may become available. All I need is a small table to set my laptop and machine on. Wifi is a plus, but not necessary. I supply the forms that will give me authorization to do the fingerprints and a receipt. I also have the page of the application that requests the TCN number.

• 4 weeks later...

3 things I know:

1) The ISP have not sent ORI codes for CCW applicants yet

2) The ISP have not sent TCN codes for CCW applicants

3) When LiveScan prints are captured, the date, time and serial number of the LiveScan machine are encoded in the print record.

My question, how many applications are going to be rejected, and how many LiveScan vendors are going to have their authorization canceled because the date code on submitted prints is prior to the issuance of TCN and ORI codes? Adding these after the capture is likely tampering with the record.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think EVERYONE needs to wait until the ISP says 'GO' before getting their prints for their CCW application taken. Just my opinion.

No, I'm not a livescan vendor. Yes, I'm eager to get prints done. Yes, I now have my 16 hours done. YMMV, make your own decisions etc. I, for one, am not going to waster money by going with ANY vendor or trainer that is claiming to capture and queue prints for submission before the TCN and ORI is available. They clearly (to me) don't understand the rules and will likely put my application in jeopardy as a result.

I agree with the above comments. We are an approved ISP licensed fingerprint vendor as well as licensed fingerprint agency. Our agency has been doing fingeprints for (6) years. Our agencies position is to wait until the ISP has all the proper requirements in place so when we do a person's prints we know the first time it is going to be done correctly. I believe that the ones that are being printed now will have a suprise when it comes January when the new requirements are released. The fact the new figures project over 800 thousand the first year applying for concel carry would make me think that a majroity of them will want live scan prints and with that in mind there will be plenty of business to go around. I would love to have the business now and could get it real easy but I have told everyone that we want to do it right the first time and will take their name. I would rather be slow and correct than be fast and lose my reputation. Once the ISP releases all of the requirements, identifers, applications etc we will be ready to go onsite or set appointments at our office for all of Southern Illinois and the Metro East. As we have always done for our valued clients we make special appointments for weekends, evenings and even holidays if needed to take care of our clients. Should anyone have any questions please feel free to call 877-532-1152. Kevin McClain President of Kevin W. McClain Investigations Ltd.

• 3 weeks later...

Southern Illinois Fingerprinting, formerly Kellerman Investigations, is glad to do applicant's fingerprints as well.

60 South Main

Glen Carbon, IL. 62034

(618) 288-6662

Just called them and am going today. They said they are most busy during 12-1 doing nursing home patients or something but after that not too bad. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Southern Illinois Fingerprinting, formerly Kellerman Investigations, is glad to do applicant's fingerprints as well.

60 South Main

Glen Carbon, IL. 62034

(618) 288-6662

Just called them and am going today. They said they are most busy during 12-1 doing nursing home patients or something but after that not too bad. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Got mine there this morning.. In and out in about 10 minutes.

• Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived