Pritzker OpEd - Gun Control

InterestedBystander

full article at link

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/gun-control-jb-pritzker-chicago-shootings-op-ed/

..."Without a doubt, we need common-sense and long-overdue gun safety legislation. Criminals and those who want to do harm shouldnt have access to guns, and no one should have access to weapons of war or be able to obtain guns illegally. We need to ban assault weapons, bump stocks, and high-capacity magazines, and we need to stop the importation of illegal guns across Illinois borders. Its also time to enforce universal background checks and enact a gun dealer licensing bill.

That legislation is supported by lawmakers of both parties in the General Assembly, and it is time for a new governor in Springfield ready to sign it into law"...

This is what we get if we don't vote nor encourage others to vote in November.

Should he become governor, the existing gun dealer bill will be dead at end of this session and they will have to start over...he realizes that, right?

weapons of war? Ok, I can do without a tank, fighter jet or grenades

no one should be able to obtain guns illegally??? and you are stopping that how?

stop importation of illegal guns? sure lets pass a law making them more illegal.

legislation is supported by lawmakers of both parties? Well, I suppose that is technically true with Nybo.

They already have the votes to pass everything he just said. He knows it, they know it, we all know it. The votes will be nothing but a formality after this November. Unless you guys really think Ruaner has a chance. I'm not that optimistic though personally. I'm just bracing for impact.

I believe Rauner has a better chance than most believe. From everything I am seeing JB is not well liked at all.

They already have the votes to pass everything he just said. He knows it, they know it, we all know it. The votes will be nothing but a formality after this November. Unless you guys really think Ruaner has a chance. I'm not that optimistic though personally. I'm just bracing for impact.

I believe Rauner has a better chance than most believe. From everything I am seeing JB is not well liked at all.

I sure hope you’re correct.

I sure hope you’re correct.

Me too, but then again I don't think many thought Rauner would beat Quinn. I know I didn't. I think if Rauner is smart he needs to hammer home that JB will raise taxes. And us 2A people need to do our part and motivate like minded people to vote for Rauner.

Me too, but then again I don't think many thought Rauner would beat Quinn. I know I didn't. I think if Rauner is smart he needs to hammer home that JB will raise taxes. And us 2A people need to do our part and motivate like minded people to vote for Rauner.

Rauner PACs play the heck out of those old Blago/Pritzger wire tap tapes. I get one about every time I watch youtube.

Thursday’s (8/9) Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece on Chicago’s violence issues. Gun control was way down the list of solutions. Too of list was leadership and a plan. Tiny Dancer not providing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's only been one poll so far, and JB was at 36%. 40% of voters are undecided.

This is going to come down to turnout. If down state shows up at the polls in November Rauner wins which stops the bleeding. Then we can focus on getting rid of all the politicians who sold us out on gun rights. We have to play the long game here.

make no mistake,jb will do everything in his power to take our gun rights away.when he gets elected we are screwed.

Yes, this! Every person who believes in the 2nd amendment or freedom of any kind needs to show up in Nov and pull the lever for Rauner... This is the only way we (as a state) survive. Hopefully those who can't bring themselves to "vote for Rauner" will eventually realize this. You don't have to be "pro-Rauner", just "anti-JB"... And voting for Rauner merely to keep JB out is perfectly acceptable.

My inlaws are in their eighties, ( Stance Democrats ) They parrot every bit of anti gun bs they hear. No one should own guns. I shouldn't be allowed to own an " Arsenal". They like JB. They even think his tax increase proposal is the best thing for Illinois. They also think David Hogg walks on water and we should have open borders. They also like Bernie Sanders and his ideas on Medicare for everyone.

These are the people that want JB to win. Reasons to vote for Rauner. Like him or not.

There's only been one poll so far, and JB was at 36%. 40% of voters are undecided.

This is going to come down to turnout. If down state shows up at the polls in November Rauner wins which stops the bleeding. Then we can focus on getting rid of all the politicians who sold us out on gun rights. We have to play the long game here.

Well, after seeing those ads about puppies that JB the hutt is running where he tries to come across as a regular guy who is hard working and an animal lover (yea, right), I think that his internal polling must indicate something about people not liking him...

I mean, did you ever see another candidate pay for ads like that garbage?

Dems will still press the D button ... they will still press the D button every time.

For those of you old enough to remember, in 1986 Jim Thompson ran against Adlai Stevenson for the second time. The winner for the Lt. Governor spot on the Democratic ticket was a LaRouche candidate. Rather than run on a ticket with a LaRouche candidate, Stevenson formed a "new" party called the "Solidarity Party". The idea was to cash in on the rising popularity of Lech Walesa's Solidarity movement in Poland.

Anyway, there was no Democratic candidate for Governor that year.

The 1986 ballot contained a blank space for the Democratic candidate.

That blank space received 208,830 votes (mostly from Chicago).

I agree. Other than the machine getting the dead to vote and trying to muscle people into voting, I don't see a reason for a big Dem turnout in Chicago, which is key to Pritzker. No President, Senator or Mayoral seats up. People don't believe the Governor has much impact on Chicago- that's the Mayor's Kingdom. Everyone who hates Madigan in the state will turn out though. Personally, I think Rauner is a clown, but he is the lesser of the two clowns. Vote for Cookie, not Bozo.

Well, after seeing those ads about puppies that JB the hutt is running where he tries to come across as a regular guy who is hard working and an animal lover (yea, right), I think that his internal polling must indicate something about people not liking him...

Every time I see that ad, I want to see another that shows the dog becoming ill after licking on JB!

His non detailed tax increase plan, collusion with gov Blago, and property toilet shenanigans will hopefully give some pause to others before voting for him.

Stevie Wonder could see that he loves animals, on a plate.

The new governor, whoever it may be, will be sworn into office in January 2019. If the text of the bill says "effective immediately," then it's effective as soon as the governor signs it, as soon as it passes into law without a signature, or as soon as the general assembly overrides a veto, whichever applies. Otherwise, the effective date would be January 2020 for any bills signed/passed/overridden before June 2019.

Archived