Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Original expires in March of 19

Renewal submitted 21-Nov-2018

New renewal date is 06-Dec-2023

That means I lost 3 months worth of my fee by renewing three months early...

Works out to $7.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

$7.50 x 300,000 ccl holders = $2,250,000. Funny, if I get my drivers license renewed a couple weeks ahead of my expiration date, it still expires on my birthday. Both are issued by the ISP, no? So where in the CCL legislation does it say we lose money and time on our ccl?

Works out to $7.50.

$7.50 x 300,000 ccl holders = $2,250,000. Funny, if I get my drivers license renewed a couple weeks ahead of my expiration date, it still expires on my birthday. Both are issued by the ISP, no? So where in the CCL legislation does it say we lose money and time on our ccl?

I wasn’t implying it was proper. The whole thing is a poll tax and is unconstitutional in my opinion.

Works out to $7.50.

Actually the FCCA says our licence is valid for 5 years. Too bad the ISP doesn't understand this.

Works out to $7.50.

No.

Illinois Secretary of State issue the DL.

Works out to $7.50.

Actually the FCCA says our licence is valid for 5 years. Too bad the ISP doesn't understand this.

Answer: your old FCCL is still valid until it expires. That means

for a time you have two licenses. Both for a five year term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expires 2/28/19

Renewal applied 10/31/18 FCCL

Renewal applied 11/15/18 FOID

FOID REJECTED 11/28/18 FOID ADDRESS MISMATCH

Resubmitted technical address correction, FOID & SOS records did not match. Zip change and a standardized address correction occurred after my FOID was issued.

Both FCCL and FOID timeclock reset because of the correction of - COURT - to - CT. -

As of 12/6/18 both are under review.

Moral: What appears on your DL is not always in parody with what SOS has on record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it sounds like you guys are all renewing 3-4 months in advance. Is that by their specific recommendation or are you just doing it as soon as the system allows?

It is a personal decision. The expiration date of the new card will be 5 years after issuance, not 5 years after the expiration date of the original CCL.

Some delay renewing early because they feel that they are getting less for their money - "Why pay for 10 years of licensure (original + renewal fees), but only get 9 years and 9 months for actual licensure"?

Others are concerned that they might forget if they do not renew right away. Others fear that the new administration will slow down or inhibit the process in some other way.

We can still carry on an expired CCL if an application has been submitted, but they feel it would be awkward if they had to show the card to a LEO, especially out of state.

If I had to show LTC to a LEO out of state and my lllinois FCCL was expired I'd just show my Utah CCL. I'll probably apply for renewal just before my Illionis FCCL expires so as not to lose any of the time I am paying for.

IL continues to screw gun owners right up the Kazoo... Bass Turds

Time for Lawsuit

Any Lawyers, members here?

NRA, ISRA, Get in Here...

I pay for 5 years and renew for another 5 years That's 10 years...

$7.50 per month x 300,000 that's a lot of money

I paid $150.00 for 60 Months only used 57 months. Wil ISP refund me $7.50 for the months they shorted me?

Expires 02/28/2019

Renewal submitted 11/27/2018 (prints from previous application)

App 546X

QC_VERIFIED 12/6/2018 sometime late afternoon.

APPROVED sometime today 12/11. They'll need to issue a FOID to make the numbers match, mine never did and they never sent me a new card. Printing might take a bit longer.
ACTIVE is next. If the FOID is ACTIVE why do the numbers have to match? My numbers didn't match for 4 years.

Expires 02/28/2019

Renewal submitted 11/27/2018 (prints from previous application)

App 546X

QC_VERIFIED 12/6/2018 sometime late afternoon.

APPROVED sometime today 12/11. They'll need to issue a FOID to make the numbers match, mine never did and they never sent me a new card. Printing might take a bit longer.

ACTIVE is next. If the FOID is ACTIVE why do the numbers have to match? My numbers didn't match for 4 years.

Mine didnt for almost 5. :) But now they seem to reissue your FOID with a matching number, if Im reading the experience of the last few years correctly. My FOID doesnt expire until 2023, so I really dont care what they do with it. Hopefully by 2023 Ill be gone. Need to get the eldest out of high school in 2 years and then were free! ETA: Sorry, I cant seem to fix the quotes. Trying to find the hanging one...

Update:

FCCL Expirarion : 02/27/2019

Renewal Application : 10/29/2018

FCCL Active: 12/06/2018

FCCL Expires: 12/06/2023

FOID Active: 12/06/2018

My FOID number now matches my FCCL number, but the expiration date is still the same (2020).

Still waiting on Mr. Postman. I hope it arrives soon, and I don't have any hiccups along the way. I just placed an order for a gun on my bucket list from the kind folks in Geneseo. It should be here before the end of the week.

-- Frank

Archived