Ted Nugent Speaks in Springfield - Feb 10, 2012

dmefford

Yet no one wants to go after the FOID card...

I don't like the FOID either but it ranks way down on the list of other things we gun owners need to work on.

1) LTC

2) other things as we agree on them to fight.

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, " what you mean we "?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I don't like the FOID either but it ranks way down on the list of other things we gun owners need to work on.

1) LTC

LTC = ???

How would you categorize and/or prioritize the issues?

Regards, Drd

LTC = license to carry ( not just guns but asp batons , knives , etc....)

2) how about sound suppressors , SBR's ( short barrel rifles ), etc.....

I would gladly pay my $1.00 per year for the FOID to get some of , or all of the above.

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, " what you mean we "?

LOL yea we...

I could tell you who we is and how that all plays out..

We need to get some form of carry, be it open or concealed.

So we either go after the uuw law taking simple majority vote to repeal.

Or create a new law taking super majority to pass.

We got a the bill ...

Lots of things to work on. Do you really want to drop all efforts for CCW (RTC/LTC/CC) and use our political caiptal on getting rid of the FOID? Wouldn't that be great?? No more $1 per year!! Of course, we still wouldn't be able to carry a gun to defend our families or ourselves. We'd still be the 1 state out of 50 with no carry law. And places like Chicago, Oak Park, and others would be able to tell you what kind of gun you can buy/own or even if you can!

And you'd still have to wait to pick up your gun after purchase.

We've got the FOID, and right now it gives us a little political cover to pass some other things. Let's get RTC, let's get statewide pre-emption of ALL gun laws. While we're at it, we'll work on getting the CCW license or the FOID to eliminate the waiting period. Then we go from there.

Yeah, I want to get rid of the FOID as much as anyone, but first things first.

As to Uncle Ted. I like him, he's direct, he's forceful and he says things that some of us would like to say but don't. But you know what?

He'd impress me a lot more with a $500,000 donation to ISRA to help us in our fight.

JMHO

Tim

He'd impress me a lot more with a $500,000 donation to ISRA to help us in our fight.

I would love to here Uncle Teds thoughts on the ISRA...

I don't care to hear his thoughts. It's what we've got working for us and doing a pretty good job considering the power of the Chicago/Democratic machine and the Joyce Foundation. You got another state based organization that is sponsoring 3-4 lobbyists in Springfield??

Uncle Ted is cool and all, but he's like lots of other celebrities with a cause. He kicks in a small percentage of his own money, but he really likes to talk others into spending theirs.

As always, it's Just MHO.

Tim

1) LTC

LTC = ???

How would you categorize and/or prioritize the issues?

Regards, Drd

Right To Carry First w/preemption

Then we will look at the issues that are most doable for reform.

Then we will attack those issues that we disslike the most.

there is a FOID repeal law in the hopper this year. We will let the other side come to terms with the slipping grip that Chicago and the gun haters have on the state.

Pearson and Vinopal for two.

The slipping grip is evidenced by the fact that they have not been able to pass any substantive anti gun bills for several years now. No AWB, no mag limits, no state wide registration. And no prospect of getting anything passed this year.

On the other hand, we've won Diggens in the court, we've passed some bills in the legislature, and we put a strong majority on an RTC bill last session. And the momentum is building in the NE corner of the state for even more support during this session.

I would gladly pay my $1.00 per year for the FOID to get some of , or all of the above.

Why ?

Why would you gladly pay to exercise your right?

So by going on that statement , will you pay or not pay for LTC when it is passed?

I am not happy to have to pay for any right but paying that $1.00 per year for the FOID is doable for me if in return we have the right to own SBR's and AOW's. Then after getting those things , work on getting rid of FOID.

There are plenty of things to work on in this state. LOL

Archived