Instructors approved!

John Q Public

No offense, but I'm going to give my money to someone that I know has been actively involved in getting us carry in this state. (hint: their join date was before 2013)

Thanks buddy...my NRA Life Member join date is 1983 and I am a Ring of Freedom member.....your comment is nothing short of absolutely IGNORANT without knowing the background facts on who you are dealing with. I certainly am not making assumptions about members of this group based upon join dates.......I won't bother going through history...but I would bet that I have done more than my share of making all of this work....small hint....why is Evanston the only town with an AWB that has an exemption for C&R holders.....that would be my work

No offense, but I'm going to give my money to someone that I know has been actively involved in getting us carry in this state. (hint: their join date was before 2013)

So if you supported the NRA and ISRA financially, but IllinoisCarry never came across your radar until 2013, but when it did, you started supporting IllinoisCarry, you must be a Johnny-come-lately to gun rights/concealed carry?

So if you supported the NRA and ISRA financially, but IllinoisCarry never came across your radar until 2013, but when it did, you started supporting IllinoisCarry, you must be a Johnny-come-lately to gun rights/concealed carry?

You had the chance to meet me face to face a week ago at a PPOTH class. I certainly don't feel any need to justify myself to you or anyone else....living in Evanston, I was involved with the aftermath of Heller and have been involved in numerous issues over the last thirty years.....each of us has skills and interests in different specific areas...and I don't think any one here is so holier than thou that they have the right to pass judgment on another persons activities....I spend most of my week dealing with TROLLS.....I don't need another one here.

The notion that support of gun rights is limited to support of Illinois Carry is a rather myopic view of the world.

You had the chance to meet me face to face a week ago at a PPOTH class. I certainly don't feel any need to justify myself to you or anyone else....living in Evanston, I was involved with the aftermath of Heller and have been involved in numerous issues over the last thirty years.....each of us has skills and interests in different specific areas...and I don't think any one here is so holier than thou that they have the right to pass judgment on another persons activities....I spend most of my week dealing with TROLLS.....I don't need another one here.

The notion that support of gun rights is limited to support of Illinois Carry is a rather myopic view of the world.

As well you shouldn't. I was trying to say that there are many people who supported gun rights in other ways who would have supported IllinoisCarry had they known it existed. I would venture to guess that a high percentage of gun rights supporters have no clue what IllinoisCarry is, but they would support it if they did.

What's your NRA membership level? ISRA? SAF? What have YOU done to secure these rights for us? Not that I'm anyone to judge, but sounds like you were behind the whole thing.

Sent from AN NRA LIFE MEMBER on my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Any instructor that meets the requirements laid down by the FCCA is okay by me. I understand the love for those that have been here a while, but as stated, there are many that have been fighting for us using means other than this forum. They shouldn't be considered any less qualified or competent.

By all means, do some background and make sure the instructor is qualified, but don't base anything on how long they have been a member here. It isn't really a fair assessment of their ability.

Haven't looked at the approved trainers yet, but do we have an approved course(s) as well? I've said all along they will list trainers and courses by the 9/7 deadline due to the fact of the 10/3 orals.

Biggest snafu will be after the orals and what they do. They've complicated the training aspect by their emergency rules which are valid through the 10/3 date. Imagine what they pull after such ruling is given if not in our favor.

Not tin hatting, just skeptical as an IL resident

As well you shouldn't. I was trying to say that there are many people who supported gun rights in other ways who would have supported IllinoisCarry had they known it existed. I would venture to guess that a high percentage of gun rights supporters have no clue what IllinoisCarry is, but they would support it if they did.

I'd be less concerned about his join date and more concerned with his comprehension skills. Bean counter smarts.

;)

Gentlemen....HOLY ****.....I have 37 emails asking about CCW classes in the time since the list went up!!

same here, I have had several emails and phone calls. Including from out of state.

LMAO... Dang '13ers fighting all over the forum! ;)

LMAO... Dang '13ers fighting all over the forum! ;)

LOL, I joined in 2009, lurked for at least a year or more prior to joining, and spend nearly all of my free time on this forum. It is the first thing I do when I get up in the morning, I am reading it on my phone when away from my computer, and its the last thing I look at before I go to bed! All that, and I still haven't reached 200 posts! In fact, Tyguy joined at about the same time as me, and now has over 10,000 posts! I only have 200 because I have been so busy reading his that I have no time to post! :phone:

Someone joined this particular group or site from the start, hence he or she did more for the right to carry in Illinois than someone who did not?

Strikes me as neither logical thinking nor very welcoming.

Maybe some other guy or gal belongs life or better to NRA, ISRA, GOA, 2AF and JPFO. Maybe he or she's given thousands of dollars and hundreds of vol hours to their causes.

Maybe he or she's been taking and teaching classes, doing RSO work or helping youth shooters via BSA, AIM, or SCTP.

But folks like that really aren't all that worthy, huh?

Why is it there's always one or two in every crowd that need to run down someone else to to jack up their own standing (and in their own eyes, at that, when it comes right down to it).

Kind of sad, really.

Archived