Checking the status of an appeal

CCL Review Board.

I've had my CCL for a year but it was revoked because the trainer that I took my class from got himself in trouble and i'm pretty sure everyone he trained lost their permit too. I retook the training through a different organization and got a new certificate and submited it with my appeal so it should be a no-brainer win my appeal. It's been about 3 weeks now and I am just wondering how long this could take.

CCL Review Board.

I've had my CCL for a year but it was revoked because the trainer that I took my class from got himself in trouble and i'm pretty sure everyone he trained lost their permit too. I retook the training through a different organization and got a new certificate and submited it with my appeal so it should be a no-brainer win my appeal. It's been about 3 weeks now and I am just wondering how long this could take.

This is bad, very bad to have a CCL for a year then revoked for this reason. Why in the world did it take a year & what did your instructor do. I would assume when you say " got himself in trouble " it was something he was doing while teaching and not something like a felony he committed outside of the class room a few months after you received your CCL. Nothing personal but this seems crazy to have a person or in this case persons carry for a year who wasn't qualified.

CCL Review Board.

Who was the instructor and what school did you go to???

CCL Review Board.

Did you submit your new certificate through the online portal?

• 1 month later...

Just heard back from Rep Frese's office. She said that she spoke with someone in the ISP dept and that person said that "someone was just happened to be working on this case today" (what a coincedence...). She also said that there was no problems with my appeal (good news). The lady from Rep Frese's office also said to let her know if I have not heard anything by the end of the month so she could follow up.

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved this update on July 23rd. As of today still waiting. Anyone know how long the "final decision" dept takes?

Your appeal has been worked and forwarded for a final decision.  Sorry,
can't give you an exact time frame, just that it is moving forward.

Appeals Section
Firearms Services Bureau
Illinois State Police

Starting to get really irritated with this whole thing Angry!.gifAngry!.gifAngry!.gifAngry!.gif

Recieved this update on July 23rd. As of today still waiting. Anyone know how long the "final decision" dept takes?

Your appeal has been worked and forwarded for a final decision.  Sorry,
can't give you an exact time frame, just that it is moving forward.

Appeals Section
Firearms Services Bureau
Illinois State Police

Starting to get really irritated with this whole thing Angry!.gifAngry!.gifAngry!.gifAngry!.gif

Will see if I can find out anything.

This is nuts. So not only can something that I do cause me to have my CCL revoked, But now I have to worry about what someone else might do? Not only that, when you rectify the issue it takes 4-6 months to be re-instated???? This has to be remedied.

I'm guessing the instructor in question was either not qualified to instruct, or did something in the course of his classes that was against the FCCA, such as not covering all the required topics, not spending the full amount of time required, etc. So basically, his courses didn't count, hence the revocation of his students' licenses.

At that point, it's basically as if they had never applied, at least not with a valid training certificate.

So the appeal is basically reapplying, at which point either the 90 or 120 day timeframes apply, depending on whether prints were submitted or not.

So a reapply date of 4/27 puts it at around day #105, give or take, which is still within the timeframe allowed, if prints were not submitted.

So it's not his fault that his initial training didn't count, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Or I could be completely wrong... it happens :)

So the appeal is basically reapplying, at which point either the 90 or 120 day timeframes apply, depending on whether prints were submitted or not.

If they are treating this basicly as reapplying that a bunch of BS because I have already been through on the "vetting". This should have taken a week. My trainning certificate became "invalid" so as soon as I had a "valid" trainning certificate it should have been a cut and dry case, filed and reinstated.

BTW I submited electronic fingerprints.

Just for the record. They revoked everyone who was ever trained by his organization and he has not even been found guily in court yet.

If they are treating this basicly as reapplying that a bunch of BS because I have already been through on the "vetting". This should have taken a week. My trainning certificate became "invalid" so as soon as I had a "valid" trainning certificate it should have been a cut and dry case, filed and reinstated.

BTW I submited electronic fingerprints.

Just for the record. They revoked everyone who was ever trained by his organization and he has not even been found guily in court yet.

As I said, I could be wrong on their thought process... just seemed logical to me, since it's taking so long.

And did you submit prints when you "reapplied" or just your initial application?

Archived