Revoked FOID Card Appeal

So back in November 2012 I was 18 and was detained for a domestic harassment charge. Charges were dropped, I was handed a 1 year order of protection, was told to surrender my FOID card to local PD. So I did. 7 years later, and its still revoked. I filled out the two appeal forms in February and sent them to ISP, for appeal. I still have yet to hear anything. Am I even allowed to get it back? Or should I just give up on it? I sent the appeal papers in on February 28, 2019. Is there a number to call? Or if I call will I just get some bs story on how its in the process of being reviewed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Appeals are taking anywhere from 6 mos. to a couple years . . .

Well that sucks. I’ll just give up on it I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Or you could just move to the "long" game... Appeals take a long time, but people are winning them. If you keep this on your radar, gaining your rights back 2 years from now is certainly better than never... Of course, every individual circumstance is different, but if you're in the right, it's worth fighting!

FOID is online only now except in special circumstances.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

Not for long. Willis wants to make us apply in person at the ISP HQ.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just because she and her buddies want it does not mean they will get it. Call, write, email, resist.

When I go to apply online, I hit apply. It takes me to a secure sign in page where I have to sign in and then it says my card is revoked. Doesn’t really give me the option to reapply unfortunately.

Unfortunately, once status is listed as revoked, the system will only allow an appeal to be submitted. Will not allow a new application to be submitted. Did you also submit a certified copy of the court documents showing the OP was no long in force?

When I go to apply online, I hit apply. It takes me to a secure sign in page where I have to sign in and then it says my card is revoked. Doesn’t really give me the option to reapply unfortunately.

Unfortunately, once status is listed as revoked, the system will only allow an appeal to be submitted. Will not allow a new application to be submitted. Did you also submit a certified copy of the court documents showing the OP was no long in force?

Yes I did. I wrote a paragraph as well explain the OP and how it hasn’t been in effect in 6 years, started 7 years ago. Filled out both appeal papers, signed both and sent in a copy of the OP showing that it was/is no longer in effect.