First rifle

Reeko

Hi, I am looking at a first time rifle. I have always liked ak47's as I am eastern European. Issue is my budget is 800. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 guns as I cannot afford the polish ak variant. Please let me know your opinion. I will include pictures of the norinco bwk 92.

1. Wasr 10 for 740 delivered

2. Norinco BWK 92 84s 760 delivered

3. M&p 15 Moe mid for 750 delivered

Thanks

dca4e977270d5a5a0a2aca002767b923.jpg447a5b8850dbbcf9baaf374c328aa658.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wasr all day long

Century arms do one, but the furniture isnât great

Really, the wasr over the m&p and norinco? You are the first person to tell me so. Everyone has tried to push me towards the norinco. I myself was leaning towards the mid moe because it normally sells @1k whereas the wasr 10 price is high. Thanks

Wasr all day long

Really, the wasr over the m&p and norinco? You are the first person to tell me so. Everyone has tried to push me towards the norinco. I myself was leaning towards the mid moe because it normally sells @1k whereas the wasr 10 price is high. Thanks

I have an M&P 15, it's a good entry level AR pattern rifle. You could find a better deal if you shopped around a bit online and had it transfered to an FFL in your area.

Also, take into account where you live and what the rules of the gun ranges in your area are. For instance, one range up here in Northern IL does not allow AK pattern rifles, some also prohibit steel cased ammo which is commonly used with AK's.

Hi, I am looking at a first time rifle. I have always liked ak47's as I am eastern European. Issue is my budget is 800. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 guns as I cannot afford the polish ak variant. Please let me know your opinion. I will include pictures of the norinco bwk 92. 1. Wasr 10 for 740 delivered 2. Norinco BWK 92 84s 760 delivered 3. M&p 15 Moe mid for 750 delivered Thanks dca4e977270d5a5a0a2aca002767b923.jpg447a5b8850dbbcf9baaf374c328aa658.jpg Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vepr. Better quality for not much more money.

Hi, I am looking at a first time rifle. I have always liked ak47's as I am eastern European. Issue is my budget is 800. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 guns as I cannot afford the polish ak variant. Please let me know your opinion. I will include pictures of the norinco bwk 92.

1. Wasr 10 for 740 delivered

2. Norinco BWK 92 84s 760 delivered

3. M&p 15 Moe mid for 750 delivered

Thanks

dca4e977270d5a5a0a2aca002767b923.jpg447a5b8850dbbcf9baaf374c328aa658.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using

Tapatalk

Take your money and build your own AR15.

Wasr all day long

I have an M&P 15, it's a good entry level AR pattern rifle. You could find a better deal if you shopped around a bit online and had it transfered to an FFL in your area.

Also, take into account where you live and what the rules of the gun ranges in your area are. For instance, one range up here in Northern IL does not allow AK pattern rifles, some also prohibit steel cased ammo which is commonly used with AK's.

The M&p is not the sport model. This is the model specs.

Retails anywhere from 1k-1200. Gat sells it for 1149, I can buy it for 700.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-moe-mid-0

Features

• 5R Rifling

• S&W®/Magpul® Co-Branded Lower Receiver

• Patented Smith & Wesson Flash Suppressor

• M4 - A2 Post Front Sight

• Folding Magpul® MBUS Rear Sights

• Magpul® MOE Stock, Grip, and Handguard

• Magpul® MVG (Vertical Grip)

• Magpul® PMAG Magazine

• Chromed-Lined Bolt Carrier and Gas Key

• Chromed Firing Pin

• Armornite® Barrel Finish

• Compatible with most standard AR15 components and accessories

The Wasr-10 is a sold budget option. Aside from getting the rare lemon it should hold up just fine over years of use. Don't really know enough about the Noricos to know what they are worth or how good they are.

There's many budget AR options out there. S&W makes good stuff. Their trigger suck though imo. Real gritty and long pulls. You will want to change that trigger out if you buy it.

That's assuming of course none of this bump stock garbage passes in current form to where replacing a semi automatic trigger on your gun with another semi automatic trigger becomes a felony.

Because apparently that's how far we have fallen in this state.

The Wasr-10 is a sold budget option. Aside from getting the rare lemon it should hold up just fine over years of use. Don't really know enough about the Noricos to know what they are worth or how good they are.

There's many budget AR options out there. S&W makes good stuff. Their trigger suck though imo. Real gritty and long pulls. You will want to change that trigger out if you buy it.

That's assuming of course none of this bump stock garbage passes in current form to where replacing a semi automatic trigger on your gun with another semi automatic trigger becomes a felony.

Yes I hear you. To be honest with you, I am a novice gun collector. I only get to the range maybe 6x a year. I have a very wide assortment of handguns, shotguns and a bunch of 22lr rugers/marlins. I just want a reliable rifle that I can have fun shooting. I am not ever going to be driving shots into the same holes, my time/budget just doesn't allow me to get that proficient.

A few observations.

3) Consider a Yugoslavian Npap. They are probably 100 dollars cheaper than the rifles you have listed and are higher quality.

Serbian now actually as Yugoslavia no longer exists. But I get what you're saying. To me the "Yugos" are also a solid choice but they have a few things working against them imo. They are a little heavier then an AKM pattern because of the thicker barrel and buttstock. They don't really need to be in semi auto and without grenades to launch.

Also because they are unique the options for finding different furniture and accessories are more limited than AKM pattern clones like the Wasr. And the bore is not chrome lined on the Yugos. All these things may or may not matter to you though. Still a nice rifle for the money.

Yes I hear you. To be honest with you, I am a novice gun collector. I only get to the range maybe 6x a year. I have a very wide assortment of handguns, shotguns and a bunch of 22lr rugers/marlins. I just want a reliable rifle that I can have fun shooting. I am not ever going to be driving shots into the same holes, my time/budget just doesn't allow me to get that proficient.

Yeah I understand that. I think that's where most Americans fall on the scale of gun ownership these days.

You won't have to worry about lack of training and hitting the same hole with any of these rifles. They are built to hit man sized targets out to about 300-400 yards, not really made for chasing the MOA. AKs for sure and most ARs will give you about 1.5- 2 MOA on a good day. Unless you really drop some serious coin on an AR. Good luck whatever you choose.

Wow guys, the man wants an AK, don't suggest him a bunch of AR's!

A few observations.

1) WASR-10's are unbreakable rifles that are absolutely worth the money. In every other way they are terrible to average.

2) You should consider getting a Ruger 10/22 as your first rifle. Ammo costs will destroy you if you are on a budget.

3) Consider a Yugoslavian Npap. They are probably 100 dollars cheaper than the rifles you have listed and are higher quality.

2. I already own a ruger 10/22 itac version and marlin.

Right now i am leaning towards the Smith and Wesson mid moe model as they just seem to be at a great price. It's basically only 100 more than the sport, has a 1/8 barrel with 5r and mid length gas system. I have another ak I am looking at, but it's dependant on if the guy responds.

A few observations.

1) WASR-10's are unbreakable rifles that are absolutely worth the money. In every other way they are terrible to average.

2) You should consider getting a Ruger 10/22 as your first rifle. Ammo costs will destroy you if you are on a budget.

2. I already own a ruger 10/22 itac version and marlin.

Right now i am leaning towards the Smith and Wesson mid moe model as they just seem to be at a great price. It's basically only 100 more than the sport, has a 1/8 barrel with 5r and mid length gas system. I have another ak I am looking at, but it's dependant on if the guy responds.

Things change fast. Just think I got a great deal on an ak47. Once sale is final, I will update the thread with information.

I hear ya'...and yet, his initial list was composed of two AK variants and an AR (unless S&W started making an MP15 MOE variant built on an AK patern). One of the reasons I have not chimed in until now was because, based on that, I couldn't figure out what he really wanted. It's like if I were to say, which Japanese car should I buy? A Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, or a Chevy Cruze? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have been surprised at the prices on the ak as well. Much higher than I anticipated them to be. Either way, if I get this deal completed and shipped, I think I will have done well. I appreciate everyone's advice and I will post some pictures once the deal is final. Thanks

Alright, deal is done and rifle has been shipped to my FFL! I found a DDR East German Ak47 that came with 8 magazines and a damage industries muzzle brake for an amazing price. Total with all fees for shipping and FFL I was at 780. I am excited as it was a safe queen with only 200 rds fired.

Now I need some ammunition, I have found 1000rd boxes for 189 on ammunitionstore and sgammo was 199. Is there anything locally (northern Illinois) close to that price? My LGS was double that price. Maybe I will wait to see if a member tries to unload some surplus.

These were the listing photos7eca0a9361da2ef9236c8d1a979fc520.jpga8086da7ade3c28f8c438d2c574b12c2.jpg

Coulda-shoulda-woulda memories. Had I recognized how quickly the prices were going to soar I'd have bought an SKS and an AK style for less $$$ than they are getting for just the AK these days.

I'm still searching for that mythical low cost C&R SKS to add to my safe. Yea, good luck with that - lol

I got my SKS 15 years ago from a pawn for $180 otd. Included a 30 round mag. I have more into the bolt ons than I have into the rifle. Still one of my favorite rifles to plink with.

On Target in Crystal Lake doesn't beat you up too bad on steel case AK ammo. Not a place to stock up, but if you want a quick fix on the range it's worth it.
Thanks, I called there and they were about 360 per thousand rds before tax. Almost 40 cents a round. I will keep looking

So I just picked up my AK. Everything looks great. All numbers matching DDR East German Parts kit by Atlantic Firearms. If there is a negative its that the magazines are Korean, but at least there are 8 of them. I will have to pick up some eastern mags. The rifle is clean, numbers match and I only paid 725 for the entire package, 780 once all ffl fees and shipping was added. Also it came with a damage industries muzzle brake.e80be0b6d36bd37337a77859289c3c91.jpg630274b39da0ca3f3a9295d3df64d877.jpg

Archived