Dealer Licensing Rules Officially Posted and Open for Public Comment

Molly B.

When does this go into effect? How does it change how our purchase is processed, Is there a separate set of records of a sale kept by the states? If I go out and by a gun tomorrow is it handled any differently after these regulations go into effect. How does this effect folks that mostly process transfers? Can you still buy bulk ammo out of state and have it shipped to our homes?

Anyone know if this is being challenged in the courts?

ISRA filed a lawsuit the day it was signed.

And the Atty General filed a motion to dismiss.

Hearing is 9/5.http://records.sangamoncountycircuitclerk.org/sccc/Home.sc

Docket detail for case 2019-CH-000253

08/20/2019

Notice of Hearing Filed by Defendant and Attorney: KWAME RAOUL & SUNIL BHAVE

Motion or Petition Hearing on Sep 5, 2019 at 10:30 AM

So what does this mean? New judge a good or bad thing? This call is after the comments period.

=======

08/28/2019

Entry Regarding Reassignment Judge: GAB

Cause comes before this Court as presiding judge of Sangamon County due to the recusal of Judge Grischow. The vacancy to fill the retirement of Judge Sanchez has been approved and shall be effective September 3, 2019. This case is ordered to be transferred to that docket to be presided over by the newly appointed judge. The cause will remain docketed for hearing on September 5, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.; however, the hearing should not be considered to be a substantive hearing on the merits of any pleadings, rather, the hearing shall be a case management and scheduling conference in order to permit the newly assigned judge to review the record of the proceedings and prepare for further hearing. If, based upon this docket order, the parties prefer to hold a scheduling status conference telephonically, the court can be reached at (217) 753-6367. Court administration staff is directed to inform counsel for the parties regarding the status of this update and the clerk shall send a copy of this docket to counsel of record.

Judge: MADONIA Reporter: N Clerk: N

Proof of Service Sent Defendant's Attorney: SUNIL BHAVE Plaintiff's Attorney: DAVID SIGALE

09/03/2019

Petition for 735 ILCS 5/11-102 Preliminary Injunction Filed by Plaintiff and Attorney: BFF FIREARMS, LLC & DAVID SIGALE

Notice of Motion Filed by Plaintiff and Attorney: BFF FIREARMS, LLC & DAVID SIGALE

09/05/2019

Entry on Scheduling confrence

Cause called for scheduling conference. By agreement of the parties cause set for Status/ Telephone hearing on 11/18/2019 at 10:30A.M. Parties to submit written case management order.

Judge: GAB Reporter: N Clerk: DM

Telephone Hearing on Nov 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Proof of Service Sep 5, 2019 Sent Plaintiff's Attorney: DAVID SIGALE Defendant's Attorney: SUNIL BHAVE

A bit more info on the lawsuit and the Judge's recusal

full story at link...

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/judge-s-recusal-could-delay-lawsuit-over-state-s-gun/article_5ec77d6e-d334-11e9-b0a0-4f5a6c8f0136.html

...Judge's recusal could delay lawsuit over state's gun dealer licensing law

A lawsuit challenging Illinois Firearm Dealer License Certification Act was temporarily delayed after a Sangamon County judge recused herself.

The reason for the recusal wasn't immediately clear.

<snip>

Proposed rules have since been filed in the Illinois Register published by the Secretary of State, but the rules have not been finalized.

Sangamon County Judge Raylene Grischow recused herself Aug. 28, according to court records. That delayed a Sept. 5 hearing after the Illinois Attorney General's filed a motion to dismiss the case.

A new judge has been appointed and so I think today or tomorrow theyll try to set hearing dates, Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson said. Of course it slows the case down and makes it more difficult for us. Thats just the way it is, and so well just have to deal with it.

Pearson said he didnt know why Grischow recused herself. The Attorney Generals office didnt respond to messages seeking comment on the recusal...

• 2 weeks later...

@Flynn

What my point was is that where I was at, they had a company which monitored AND recorded from close to open.

During open hours they loaded their own recordings.

But I guess I don’t really know the costs associated with this process.

Just that some larger stores had much of this in place before or anticipated the rules to some degree and went ahead and implemented.

3) The failure notification system shall provide an alert to the certified licensee, within five minutes after the failure, by telephone, email or text message.

5) Duress alarm; i.e., a silent security alarm system signal generated by the entry of a designated code into an arming station in order to signal that the alarm user is being forced to turn off the system.

7) Holdup alarm; i.e., a silent alarm signal generated by the manual activation of a device intended to signal a robbery in progress.

8) Automatic voice dialer; i.e., any electrical, electronic, mechanical or other device capable of being programmed to send a prerecorded voice message requesting dispatch, when activated, over a telephone line, radio or other communication system, to a law enforcement, public safety or emergency services agency.

Are these common features of most alarm systems?

3) The failure notification system shall provide an alert to the certified licensee, within five minutes after the failure, by telephone, email or text message.

5) Duress alarm; i.e., a silent security alarm system signal generated by the entry of a designated code into an arming station in order to signal that the alarm user is being forced to turn off the system.

7) Holdup alarm; i.e., a silent alarm signal generated by the manual activation of a device intended to signal a robbery in progress.

8) Automatic voice dialer; i.e., any electrical, electronic, mechanical or other device capable of being programmed to send a prerecorded voice message requesting dispatch, when activated, over a telephone line, radio or other communication system, to a law enforcement, public safety or emergency services agency.

Are these common features of most alarm systems?

IMO, no, sure those features could be paid for and/or offered, but they are not common.

I wonder if any FFLs will be streaming to Twitch or YouTube in an attempt to have an offsite video that is no cost.

Streaming is not a backup.

"The recordings shall be simultaneously backed-up offsite (e.g., cloud storage, offsite server)."

I work for a cloud services provider and I have not heard of “simultaneous backups” as of yet. There have been requests to perform snapshots at specified intervals but never “simultaneously”, it does not exist at this time, that I am aware of. This would require the Camera system to write to the systems disks AND to a separate backup “system” at the same time per the word “SIMULTANEOUSLY”, it has a specific meaning.

If you know of a vendor that does this please let me know.

And when you mention streaming video, that’s not the same and the

about the only way I could see to make this work is to setup an offsite RTMP server to record and stream to the state at the same time after sending a single stream to the RTMP server.

if you had 9 cameras at 720p that's 4K...for average twitch stream on 720p30fps I can usually get away with around 4,000Kbps bitrate. if we cut that down to 15fps(it is just surveillance etc) we could probobly do 2,000Kbps per 720p camera so at 4K we are looking at COMPLETELY SATURATING 18Mbps upload 24/7/365 and twice that if you don't use a remote RTMP to separate your stream and recording.

This is not completely undoable but your looking at least $300/mo enterprise internet and at least a $2,000 PC for encoding(most likely would use the new NVENC Nvidia cards and this does not count capture cards or cameras.).

either way this is ridiculous....

Explain the need for number 8 if a shop has 3, 5, and 7.

Feature 8 is generally for 'non-monitored' alarm systems so the alarm system can automatically call 911 and describe the emergency in 'people talk' based on what sensors were triggered.

I can't explain a need because it's an optional feature of an alarm system not a 'needed' part of any system, it's a redundency and/or convience feature.

Archived