Chicago crime map

BushRat

http://www.crimereports.com/map/index/?search=+Chicago+IL

This map shows crimes that happened in Chicago only. You can select to show past 3, 7, 14 or 30 days, and you can select which cimes to show.

High speed internet is recommended (more likely required), as map takes a looong time to view.

Daley should be ashamed of this!

http://www.crimereports.com/map/index/?search=+Chicago+IL

This map shows crimes that happened in Chicago only. You can select to show past 3, 7, 14 or 30 days, and you can select which cimes to show.

High speed internet is recommended (more likely required), as map takes a looong time to view.

Daley should be ashamed of this!

Even scarier is the fact that I know for certain that at least one attempted burglary with property damage is somehow missing from the map. I wonder how many other reported crimes are lost? Forget about the unreported crimes...

Can I ask a question here?

In the past I've heard that the Chicago PD has been accused of Fudging on how they reported crimes. Not at the level of the beat cops , but higher up. Example- Captains, District Commanders. The ones that have to answer to the Aldermen and Mayor on the condition of the city and the crime levels.

I guess an example would be: Lets say a gang fight occurred at the Top level of a parking garage. A gang member is shot repeatedly ( by a pistol ) and falls to his death over the side of the building. For the sake of an example here. Does this get reported and a gangland shooting? Or to avoid a "bad" statistic, Report this as Suicide, or Accidental fall, He died of Poisoning - lead poisoning..... or yet some other creative reason.

Chicago's had the pistol ban for so many years it's pretty harmful to have them show statistics that prove their restrictions are useless.

I've tried looking thru some of the FBI statistics and from what I can find data recording is lacking in details I would really like to know. Such as if any weapons recovered were legally registered? or from thefts or out of state straw purchases? Reporting incidents as Gang related?

Reporters never state an arrested person was a repeat criminal that couldn't even legally possess a firearm in the first place. It's a shame they don't let the truth come out on that to the public.

Is there any suspicion that some creative paperwork may be used in reporting Chicago crimes? Or is this just another Wife's tale like bigfoot and ufo's.

Archived