Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

Guest Mac McWilliams

Spoke with Pike Co. Board Chairman Scott Syrcle last night and he will email me their resolution to get that same thing started in Shelby county. When I get it, I'll email Ray and he can post it permanently. Will start working on this today, getting the board members behind it or at least the majority to get it passed then go to the next county working it like locusts. What do ya'll think? Anybody got any free time?

Mac

Guest Mac McWilliams
Mac,

Did he say what if any arguements were made against this - so we can be prepared to answer any objections made by our own County Board members?

Mark Mountain called this morning and gave me a little more info about the meeting. Although he didn't get into specifics, he did say that the board vote was 7-2 in favor of the resolution. He also had the State's Attorney draft an opinion and will get a copy to me when he can. This will be helpful when it comes time to cross all the I's and dot all the T's. I'll also email him and ask for the minutes of the meeting when they come out next month. Should be some interesting reading.

Mac

Contacted some GSL officers (Champaign Co) and it will be discussed at the next GSL meeting, Tuesday, May 8 (always the 2nd Tuesday of each month).

Getting the County Board to do anything will be difficult, as Naomi is here, and the Board is made up of Democrats, although at this point I don't know if they all agree with her re: 2A.

We will find out!

A copy of the Pike Co resolution will be posted, correct? If I remember correctly, a copy was sent to all county boards in the state by Pike Co officials, was it not?...as well as to the legislature?

Check out guntalk.com there are 2 hours of their show today dedicated to the pike&brown county decisions and it got NATIONAL COVERAGE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, the Dick Metcalf whom he's interviewing on the podcast must be the Richard Metcalf mentioned in this article, who said these powerful words of wisdom at the Pike County board hearing in which the resolution was adopted:

"This proposed legislation would greatly harm the citizens of this county, and we believe the members of our County Board are bound by the oaths of office to speak for us on this issue.

"The issue here is not politics, the issue is freedom. Freedom began in this nation more than 200 years ago, when small groups of people like us, in towns even smaller than ours, gathered together to tell the King who tried to rule them from a huge city an ocean away, 'Enough is enough!' Freedom will only survive today if we have the courage to do the same."

In closing, he offered: "In this room tonight we are not conservatives; we are not liberals. In this room tonight we are not Democrats; we are not Republicans. In this room tonight we are Americans."

Go to NRA website to listen. Jim Logsdon Brown County Board, Robert Kenady Pike County Board, Mark Mountain Pike County Board.We will be speaking on the Gun resolutions passed in Brown and Pike County tonight.

I have a lot of studying to do tonight--will tonight's action be available in podcast (or some other audio file) format, for later listening?

I will have to talk with some friends of mine about how to go about a resolution in Vermilion county. I have always had this sense that there is a lot of apathetic gun owners in this county. I'd love to be proven wrong! Another thing, Danville is the county seat, and danville is rapidly becoming to Vermilion county what chicago is to the rest of Illinois, a festering sewer of crime and gang activity. Section 8 housing has lured the welfare trash down here from chicago, and they have brought their trouble with them. There are no jobs here, and crime and drug rates have skyrocketed. I hope this fact makes people wake up!

Guest Mac McWilliams

Got the Resolution from Mark Mountain and thought I'd post it. Not a very good scan but you can still make it out.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~tbi2a/Pike%20County%20Illinois%20Gun%20Resolution%20April%2024,%202007%20passed%207-2.jpg

Hello My name is Mark Mountain Vice Chairman of the Pike County Illinois Board. Slim and I worked very hard on this for at least 2 months. Make no mistakes this was a joint effort and will only succeed if each county that co-sponsors is considered a joint partner in FREEEEEDOM. Slim and I will be very happy to answer any questions anyone has concerning any aspect of this will of the People. My email address is m5mountain@yahoo.com We the people can make a difference if we energize and mobilize!!!!!! We can only do so much, We ask you as a citizen of illinois to take the same oath of office that we took

I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Illinois, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of ____________________________ and Library Trustee according to the best of my ability.

Sometime we forget this is what our country was founded on. Citizens

A hearty welcome to you Mark. We are all very glad you're here. Do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of help...otherwise, we will keep on doing what we do, which is tracking bills, writing letters and making calls, working on facts sheets and arguments for or against certain bills, and other grassroots activity. If you have ideas on how your resolution might most effectively be communicated to other Illinois county boards, we are all ears.

Best wishes, and again, welcome.

Archived