Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting

Wed. Feb. 22, 2012

7:00 pm to 9 pm

Giovanni's

610 North Bell School Road

Rockford, IL

sponsored by IllinoisCarry.com

and KAP GUNS!

Help get the word out by printing fliers and posting them all over the Winnebago County area. Please let us know where you post them so we know what areas are covered.

A Town hall meeting flier.pdf

What good does this do unless there is media or legislator coverage? If we are just meeting together who will know about it? Maybe you should invite Gov. Quinn, or Speaker Madigan, or Attorney General Madigan.

The purpose of town halls is to educate those that might have reservations or questions about RTC by law abiding people as well as build support amongst the general public. Media coverage would be great and I'm sure that the organizer have/will inform the local media. Not sure if local legislators will be attending, but I'll bet they have been invited.

Maybe YOU should invite Quinn and the Madigan Father/Daughter tag team.

AB

What good does this do unless there is media or legislator coverage? If we are just meeting together who will know about it? Maybe you should invite Gov. Quinn, or Speaker Madigan, or Attorney General Madigan.

I don't know about this one but there have been several RTC town halls where we have had reps, senators, sheriffs and others in attendance and in a lot of cases they did get media coverage.

Two years ago all the major TV stations in the area were there, as well as newspaper, and we did pre-rally interviews on the major radio stations. All the legislators will be invited, especially Rep. Jefferson from that district who voted no on the carry bill last May.

Quinn and the Madigans are not coming to a town hall meeting. The women of IGOLD have tried ever since Quinn has been in office to just get him to come to his door and speak with us. The man wishes for Mary Shepard to continue to be helpless and defenseless while he has armed security. He is now irrelevant to our fight. We have to go around and over him.

Two years ago all the major TV stations in the area were there, as well as newspaper, and we did pre-rally interviews on the major radio stations. All the legislators will be invited, especially Rep. Jefferson from that district who voted no on the carry bill last May.

Quinn and the Madigans are not coming to a town hall meeting. The women of IGOLD have tried ever since Quinn has been in office to just get him to come to his door and speak with us. The man wishes for Mary Shepard to continue to be helpless and defenseless while he has armed security. He is now irrelevant to our fight. We have to go around and over him.

I agree Molly B. The Governor must be overridden. Like we did One Term Bob Holden in Missouri! The year was 2003!

I work at the Rockford Register Star Im gonna have to talk to some of the reporters about covering this event. Jefferson won't get anymore votes from me.

We need a team of volunteers who will print out fliers and post them all over the area including Rockford, Machesney Park, Owen Center, North Park, Loves Park, Westmorland, Rockton, and South Beloit.

We think an extra special effort should be made to get the word out in areas of Rockford that are hardest hit

by crime.

We also need web links to all the radio, TV, and newspapers in all those areas. Are there any community

newspapers in those areas hard hit by rising crime?

I work at the Rockford Register Star Im gonna have to talk to some of the reporters about covering this event. Jefferson won't get anymore votes from me.

We need a team of volunteers who will print out fliers and post them all over the area including Rockford, Machesney Park, Owen Center, North Park, Loves Park, Westmorland, Rockton, and South Beloit.

We think an extra special effort should be made to get the word out in areas of Rockford that are hardest hit

by crime.

We also need web links to all the radio, TV, and newspapers in all those areas. Are there any community

Molly, the Rockford Register Star is THE most widely circulated newspaper in the surrounding communities you named and beyond. If 'The 45 King' can help us get some coverage and perhaps be a liaison - THAT would be AWESOME!!

Newspaper

The Rockford Register Star --------------- www.rrstar.com/

------------------------------------

Television Stations

13 WREX NBC ID: "WREX 13 NBC"

City: Rockford, IL

Owner: Quincy Newspapers

Web Site: http://www.wrex.com/

Station Info: Digital Full-Power

-------------------------------------

17 WTVO ABC

Owner: Mission Broadcasting

Web Site: http://www.wtvo.com/

--------------------------------------

23 WIFR CBS

Owner: Gray Television

Web Site: http://www.wifr.com/

---------------------------------------

39 WQRF FOX ID: "FOX 39"

Owner: Nexstar

Web Site: http://www.fox39.com/

---------------------------------------

Radio Stations

http://www.rockfordlink.com/radio.htm

Molly, the Rockford Register Star is THE most widely circulated newspaper in the surrounding communities you named and beyond. If 'The 45 King' can help us get some coverage and perhaps be a liaison - THAT would be AWESOME!!

Thanks Buzz! We will definitely get word to the Star. But I also want to get it to any small local papers in the area, if

there are any.

The purpose of town halls is to educate those that might have reservations or questions about RTC by law abiding people as well as build support amongst the general public. Media coverage would be great and I'm sure that the organizer have/will inform the local media. Not sure if local legislators will be attending, but I'll bet they have been invited.

Maybe YOU should invite Quinn and the Madigan Father/Daughter tag team.

AB

by crime.

Molly,

There is another small community newspaper called the Rock River Times. http://rockrivertimes.com/ This is widely circulated and "free" and I pretty much see these things all over the place in businesses, restaurants, banks, etc. Just not sure if the owner is Pro 2A as I do not read the paper. (Or any of them for that matter)

Also, I can probably help post filers in the Rockton, S. Beloit area since it's close to home. I would like to however suggest a few small changes to the flyer and get your thoughts?

49 states have concealed carry provisions for law abiding citizens which recognize the right to carry a defensive firearm for personal and family protection.

I think the above additions would be beneficial. Wording is very important when dealing with these types of sensitive issues. (Reflecting on the Winnebago County ballot question back in 2010 and how POORLY it was worded)

Your thoughts?

Gooch

Molly,

There is another small community newspaper called the Rock River Times. http://rockrivertimes.com/ This is widely circulated and "free" and I pretty much see these things all over the place in businesses, restaurants, banks, etc. Just not sure if the owner is Pro 2A as I do not read the paper. (Or any of them for that matter)

Also, I can probably help post filers in the Rockton, S. Beloit area since it's close to home. I would like to however suggest a few small changes to the flyer and get your thoughts?

49 states have concealed carry provisions for law abiding citizens which recognize the right to carry a defensive firearm for personal and family protection.

I think the above additions would be beneficial. Wording is very important when dealing with these types of sensitive issues. (Reflecting on the Winnebago County ballot question back in 2010 and how POORLY it was worded)

Your thoughts?

Gooch

I'm not Molly, but I agree Gooch. With the negative mindset of most Illinoisians as a result of years of anti gun propaganda, we've got to make it crystal clear that we're talking about lawful carry, not "gangbanger carry". Gotta avoid getting too wordy on the flyers, or people won't read them, but your additions look fine!

Tim

I would like to however suggest a few small changes to the flyer and get your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

Gooch

Good suggestions and changes have been added to the flier!

Molly Please do not forget to add it was co-sponsored by KAP Guns!! I can use all the publicity I can get opening the new store & range. So if the reporters see I am co-sponsoring it they will call me to interview rather than Forest city firearms, or Bullet Stop!!! They do not deserve the publicity for this event I do!!!!

On another note I had a certain public official call me last week to see if he should be involved with this meeting. He got a call from Valinda and was wondering if he should do it or if it was one of the fringe groups out there. I told him YES!!! Then I told him I would have been the one making all the calls & stuff but I am too busy working on the shop to do anything!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived