Gerber Covert Automatics $109 shipped

QueenStiletto

I don't have anything with S30V steel (yet). Is it as awesome as they say?

It is pretty good for edge retention, great corrosion resistance. Not as easy to sharpen as some of the other super steels but it's a top contender imo. I have a lot of S30V, S35, CPM etc. If you have a good working edge on it you shouldn't need to touch it up very often. Spyderco sharpmaker with diamond sticks is what I found works best. You can sharpen for a long time with carbide rods without much progress.

I might be in for one.

Both the lightning and the Titan on my website

have 3 1/2 inch blades and weigh 3.8 oz.

For $38 shipped it’s a great way to see if an OTF is for you.

Multiple blade styles and blade finishes to choose from, all for the same price.

Use the link on the top of the page to automatically get free shipping.

I'm looking for a small lightweight out the front knife.

Any recommendations?

I just received my Lightning OTF. It is my first, I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. The springs are very strong, both in and out.

Does it have very much side to side movement when open?

I have thought about getting one of these just to have and also to determine if I like the OTF knives before spending bigger money .

Multiple blade styles and blade finishes to choose from, all for the same price.

Any recommendations?

I’m not judging or criticizing but are those Chinese made.

Thanks

You are right to ask.

I went out of my way to buy and offer the Taiwan version. They cost me more but they are far better than the China version.

They are a lot of knife for the money. I only sell the Taiwan version of the lightning.

Thanks

I just received my Lightning OTF. It is my first, Im not sure how I feel about it yet. The springs are very strong, both in and out.

Does it have very much side to side movement when open?

I have thought about getting one of these just to have and also to determine if I like the OTF knives before spending bigger money .

Very little side to side. The cost was the big reason I tried this OTF.

You are right to ask.

I went out of my way to buy and offer the Taiwan version. They cost me more but they are far better than the China version.

They are a lot of knife for the money. I only sell the Taiwan version of the lightning.

Thanks

Well that means I have to have one.

Any recommendations?

The free shipping option didn't work, it wants to me charge $10.00

You’re really gonna like the AKC F-16.

The Queen Stiletto link at the top of the page automatically gives you free shipping.

Don’t worry I would’ve issued you the shipping refund if you didn’t get it automatically.

I followed the link in your post then noticed the advertisement at the top of the page.

One more question, it only allowed me to pay via PayPal. No credit card options?

You’re really gonna like the AKC F-16.

The Queen Stiletto link at the top of the page automatically gives you free shipping.

Don’t worry I would’ve issued you the shipping refund if you didn’t get it automatically.

I followed the link in your post then noticed the advertisement at the top of the page.

One more question, it only allowed me to pay via PayPal. No credit card options?

Pay Pal allows you to pay with a debit or credit card without setting up an account. There's a button to click at the bottom of the login page.

I got my tactical grey stonewash Gerber today, I am very impressed with it! I must have gotten one of the last ones before they sold out of that model.

I almost wish I had gotten the smaller version. The mini coyote version is beckoning me now. All of these models are fitting tributes to the Applegate-Fairbairn tradition.

Why can't I edit my previous post?

A couple add ins: The opening is not as quick as I expected. Maybe a little use and that will change. Also, I could probably loosen the screw slightly to take off a little pressure. Being new to this type of blade, do they all have safety's? I prefer without. No complaints here just things I'm quickly noticing.

OK onto my complaint: The packaging was done much nicer than I have ever wrapped a gift. There has to be some better paper you can use. Preferably something that doesn't contain glitter. I have 4 girls that I go home to. Two of them are well aware what establishments like to go crazy with glitter. If I'm gonna get in trouble for visiting one, I at least want to visit one. Don't get me in trouble.

Archived