Photo

If Illinois became as anti-gun as NY, would you still stay?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

Happy Gas Tax Day!

How are you going to celebrate? I think I'll grill a roll of $5 bills then blow the remains up with fireworks.

I think the gas stations around me played a price fixing game this last week...  About 5 days ago there was about a 25 cent jump in gas prices overnight at pretty much every gas station, seemed odd at the time knowing the tax wasn't here yet, but now that the new 19 cent tax hit today the price didn't budge up or down, not even a penny of shift in price since yesterday, hmm.

**From some local social media, it's not just me noticing this, apparently a handful of local gas stations have jumped up in price to over $3, but most are still holding yesterdays price of about $2.75-$2.80.

Same here (St. Clair county).  They jumped from as low as $2.469 up to $2.699 by Sunday (6/30).  By Monday afternoon, most were at $2.899 and a couple were at $2.999.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#62 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

Jeffrey said:

Speaking of Jelly belly, bows, and wasting money.  Nothing I can think of better to waste money than on a boat.  Yes I already know what boat stands for:  https://www.chicagot...6mki-story.html

Wouldn't it be a crying shame for there to be a "boat accident" like so many of us have had with our firearms? :drool:  :devil:

Edited by JTHunter, 04 July 2019 - 01:49 PM.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users