Illinois General Assembly Week of 4/30/2019

mauserme

I'm going to try to keep an ILGA thread going from my hospital bed. Not being near my laptop I don't have all the resources I would normally have, so links and such will be non-existent for now. Also, I don't expect to be able to monitor floor action in real time as I'm limited to my phone. I'm very happy to say the hospital I'm in doesn't filter gun related sites so I can at least work on their WiFi.

We are now past the third reading deadline in both the House and the Senate.

When the legislature was last active HB3462 Hunting Ed Course and HB38 Crim CD - Place of Worship had passed out of the House. Both have been assigned to the Senate Committees.

HB96, Representative Wilis' Fix FOID bill, was filed as an amendment to a shell bill. It has now been reassigned to Rules, perhaps to resurface as an amendment to another bill down the road.

Most of the Senate bills we've been following are back in the Assignments Committee, though one of Senator Rose's gun control bills, SB2124 Student Expulsion - Guns, unfortunately did pass out the Senate and is now in the House Rules Committee.

Finally, SB780 Migratory Waterfowl, passed over to the House and is currently posted to the House 4/30/2019 House Ag hearing. This bill started life as a lead ammo ban but has since morfed into language that is not within our primary concern.

The House and Senate are both scheduled for 12:00 Noon today.

The House Ag Committee hearing was cancelled today, so SB780 Migratory Waterfowl was obviously not heard.

A House Amendment was filed on the bill doing two things: adding a definition of "lead shotshell" and deleting language restriction shotgun bore size on both the upper or lower ends, the latter change likely the result of communication between IllinoisCarry and the Senate sponsor.

Get well.

Looks like I'll have a meeting soon with a doctor. Be back when I can.

I've had 19 surgeries, if you need a recommendation I've had some of the best... ;)

I'm worth more as scrap metal.

lol it looks like I'll be out of here later today. It's been so long I almost remember what the place looks like.

Did they offer you cannabis over opioids?

Archived