Have IL Permit - Want FL Permit Too

Bob389

I recently received my Illinois CCL permit. Did my IL training at the beginning of January. Do I have to do any Florida specific training to get my FL permit as well? Who has done this and can give advice on what I need to do from here?

Thanks.

I would appreciate this info too. Thank you....

(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:

1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;

I believe you should be good to go. Your instructor is certified by Illinois.
Any past NRA or Hunter Safety course should qualify as well.
I initially acquired a Florida Permit with the NRA Basic Pistol course.

Your Illinois training fulfills the requirements. Any course taught by an NRA instructor, any hunter safety course is OK. Here's a link to the FL website. Google is your friend. All the info you need is at this website.

I just renewed mine. Took about 8 weeks to get the new card. No longer signed by Charles Bronson!!

Go for it.

AB

You need to take the class and pass the back ground. Then wait... Many of the Illinois CCL teachers offer the FL during the same class.

I believe any Illinois Course also qualifies for Florida training, so a separate course or additional certification during an Illinois Course should not be needed.

Florida is pretty quick about things... And their permit is fairly easy to acquire.

Do we need to order fingerprint cards specifically from the Florida CCL website?

If you are near the NW suburbs of Chicago, I have Florida packets. They include the application, instructions, and fingerprint cards. Feel free to send me a pm if you want to pick one up. No charge. ;)

Like others said you are good to go. Request the Florida packet and complete the info and required fingerprint cards, proof of Illinois training, picture and send it off and wait.

OK, thanks everyone. I already received the fingerprint cards in the mail and downloaded the application and instructions online. I was mostly unclear on the training requirement if I needed a different sign off or anything from the instructor.

Sounds like I can do it all by mail and my IL CCL training cert is good enough to submit to FL. I will give it a try!

OK, thanks everyone. I already received the fingerprint cards in the mail and downloaded the application and instructions online. I was mostly unclear on the training requirement if I needed a different sign off or anything from the instructor.

Sounds like I can do it all by mail and my IL CCL training cert is good enough to submit to FL. I will give it a try!

Hopefully you will report to all of us on how long it takes from date of mailing to receipt of your card!

Your Illinois training fulfills the requirements. Any course taught by an NRA instructor, any hunter safety course is OK. Here's a link to the FL website. Google is your friend. All the info you need is at this website.

I just renewed mine. Took about 8 weeks to get the new card. No longer signed by Charles Bronson!!

Go for it.

AB

This....

If you are in the North Chicago burbs (Park Ridge) I will give you a packet if you want to stop by.

Rocco

Go for it.

AB

This....

If you are in the North Chicago burbs (Park Ridge) I will give you a packet if you want to stop by.

Rocco

Nvm...

When they do the fingerprint cards make sure they sign who did it I think they do it on the back

And make sure you sign it, too...

Back when I took my Basic Pistol class for the purpose of getting Florida's permit, they walked us through everything.. step by step. Check this, initial this, sign this, etc.... even provided us with the envelope to put everything in.. said just take it home (or go straight to the post office), add a check, seal it and mail it.

They neglected to have us sign the cards....

Yes, it was our fault for not double-checking, but still... that added a few extra weeks to the processing, as they mailed the cards back for our signatures. :)

I sent my application in February 1 (register mail) using my IL CC training certificate. My application was approved March 29 and received the permit in the mail April 4th. The tricky part is the quality of the fingerprints. Mine went through first time thanks to the skill of the officer making my fingerprints.

Yep, here in Shelby county we have an officer on the sheriff's force that prides himself in getting good prints so the FL license goes through without a hitch. Even gives you a copy of the prints for your files. Oh, and one of the ladies at the front desk is a notary and will notarize your application for you as you leave. One stop does it all!! I'll bet Dart's office won't accommodate the taxpayers that way!!

I received my renewal package in the mail, a few days ago. To renew, I must be fingerprinted by a law enforcement agency on the provided fingerprint card. I live in Palos Heights, which is in southwestern Cook County. Does anyone know of a friendly law enforcement agency in my area that will provide this service? Thanks.

Archived