Photo

Marilyn Smolenski: From Concealed Carry Clothing to the Capitol

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

http://www.guns.com/...ilyn-smolenski/

Q&A with Marilyn Smolenski: From concealed carry clothing to the Capitol

Nickel and Lace founder and CEO Marilyn Smolenski once watched models walk down the runway at concealed carry fashion shows; but now the gun toting mother of two has turned her attention to bigger stages. Smolenski announced she’ll be taking on veteran Democratic Representative Marty Moylan for his seat in the Illinois House of Representatives, serving Illinois’ 55th district.

Guns.com: How do you intend to protect and preserve gun rights in Illinois? Which gun policies do you look to tackle if elected?

Smolenski: I believe in the Constitution and its Amendments. I believe that everyone has the right to defend themselves and their family. Once in the General Assembly, I plan to join several House Committees. Several of those that I am interested in directly affect our 2A community including the Firearms & Firearms Safety Subcommittee, Police & First Responders and Veteran’s Affairs.

My opponent recently failed to pass HB4107, an overreaching bill that would result in the ban and eventual forfeiture of millions of firearms lawfully owned by Illinois citizens. Should he be successful in passing a similar bill within the next year, I will fight to repeal it.

Guns.com: Why should Illinois gun owners vote for you in 2018?

Smolenski: I promise to not only act with honesty and integrity once elected as State Rep but to make myself open and available to understand constituent’s views and needs.  After all, as a Representative, I will represent the families and businesses of our community. As a proud member of the ISRA, NRA, and USCCA I have always been and will continue to be an advocate for responsible firearms ownership.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

She would make a wonderful advocate for us In Springfield.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 JDW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

I'm in, donating to her campaign for sure.

ISRA-Member, IC Supporter, FFL-IL Supporter, Pro2A, #Draintheswamp #USA

#4 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,848 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

I'm in, donating to her campaign for sure.

I can't vote for her but I can dig in the couch cushions and scrounge up some campaign $ for her.

#5 cybermgk

• 1,607 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Already contributed to her campaign.  I'd even be willing to volunteer for it.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#6 Quiet Observer

• 1,040 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Smolenski: I believe in the Constitution and its Amendments. I believe that everyone has the right to defend themselves and their family. Once in the General Assembly, I plan to join several House Committees. Several of those that I am interested in directly affect our 2A community including the Firearms & Firearms Safety Subcommittee, Police & First Responders and Veteran’s Affairs.  

​Perhaps she does not realize that one does not join the committee, but is assigned to a committee by the Speaker of the House or the Minority Leader of the House depending on the ruling party in the House.  

In general the Speaker determines the number of members of each committee.  Michael Madigan may not agree with her plans.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/100th_House_Rules.pdf 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users