Photo

Mayor Gutiérrez

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

Just wanted to be the first one to say that.
Have all boated who fish?

#2 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Makes sense

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#3 DomG

• Members
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

Can he also lead the FALN at the same time?

"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus"
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

NRA Life Member
ISRA

GOA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired (So I guess that makes me a Life Member)

#4 JDW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Given the state of things in D.C. I am thinking it's slightly possible that there may be some "news" coming out on Luis G, and he's announcing to get ahead of it. I highly doubt he could beat Rahm. Total speculation on my part. I mean Chicago is doing so well.

ISRA-Member, IC Supporter, FFL-IL Supporter, Pro2A, #Draintheswamp #USA

#5 ScopeEye

• Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

I think Chance has already bought all the Votes

Illinois Carry Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

2nd Amendment Foundation Member

#6 Sweeper13

• 1,064 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

JDW

Given the state of things in D.C. I am thinking it's slightly possible that there may be some "news" coming out on Luis G, and he's announcing to get ahead of it. I highly doubt he could beat Rahm. Total speculation on my part. I mean Chicago is doing so well.

Dan Proft  on 560am, was talking Rahm not running.

Dang messed up on the quote..lol

Edited by Sweeper13, 27 November 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#7 VannDaddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Are there really more Hispanic gangs than black gangs?

http://www.chicagoma...nholy-Alliance/

#8 biggun 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

i think he would fit well in a prison cell.

#9 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,469 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Supports the rumor Tiny Dancer told his guard duty to look for other employment and maybe sooner then you expect.

Everything Rahm did in the budget / borrowing timmings makes the new mayor the fall-guy... 

Edited by SiliconSorcerer, 28 November 2017 - 07:40 AM.

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#10 spec4

• Members
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

I figure whoever Chicago elects mayor will be bad news. He fits right in.  Hope his opposition brings up how he was stiffing the county on his real estate tax. One thing for sure, he will make things worse in Chicago than they are.

#11 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Mayor? No, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Look at the large number of people retiring and/or opting to not run for reelection. Now look at the massive number of sealed indictments filed in the last month alone, far beyond normal numbers. Something very major is going down, and that's why they're all opting out. They know what's coming and are running scared.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#12 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Draining of the swamp.  

Seriously does anyone truly believe that anyone that replaces Little Louie or Tiny Dancer will make things better for the city and/or state?  I've got some bridges for those that do.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#13 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Who would of thought that we would have President Trump? Anything is possible.

#14 hgmeyer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

If, and only if, these "sealed indictments" are for real tuna and not minnows, and convictions are obtained, 21st century Americans will have another Lincoln and Washington to remember. Trump will have saved a country and restored a democracy.

I've matured enough to where I am like a rodeo bull... If you can hang in there for eight seconds you just might win... But, those eight seconds are gonna be the toughest of your life.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."     Jeff Cooper

#15 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

If, and only if, these "sealed indictments" are for real tuna and not minnows, and convictions are obtained, 21st century Americans will have another Lincoln and Washington to remember. Trump will have saved a country and restored a democracy.

I can't wait to see and read all those headlines in the papers.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#16 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

I surely hope so as it appears the ship is taking on water at an alarming rate. My police friends tell me that every Uber driver they pull over is from the M.E. and has a license and some documentation.  They are here in droves now and that is not good for the USA. Wear all that hijab and burka crap, I want to know who and where you are.

Mr. President, please right the ship!

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

Airborne

3/504 P.I.R

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#17 soundguy

• 5,628 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

I surely hope so as it appears the ship is taking on water at an alarming rate. My police friends tell me that every Uber driver they pull over is from the M.E. and has a license and some documentation.  They are here in droves now and that is not good for the USA. Wear all that hijab and burka crap, I want to know who and where you are.

Sounds like ethnic profiling...

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#18 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Who, me? lol. I tried every way to make that purple, but failed.

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

Airborne

3/504 P.I.R

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#19 soundguy

• 5,628 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

All MSM workers have been offered enormous buyouts to keep this quiet... So all I can say

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#20 TomKoz

• 3,691 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

What? Must be jobs actual America Citizens won’t do! Sarcasm
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#21 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,327 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Supports the rumor Tiny Dancer told his guard duty to look for other employment and maybe sooner then you expect.

Everything Rahm did in the budget / borrowing timmings makes the new mayor the fall-guy... 

Rumor is he is going to leave early, so this guy finishes out Rhams term..does he run or use it for a bounce to get in the running as a replacement for Dick?

#22 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:00 AM

JDW

Dan Proft  on 560am, was talking Rahm not running.

Dang messed up on the quote..lol

Nail on the head. This reeks of a preemptive action. What does he have to gain by not running for reelection? I know he'd love to be the guy who gets Trump impeached. He's probably been raking in fundraising cash a la Elizabeth Warren based on Trump tweets (Trump called her Pocahontas again so she immediately used that in a fundraising email). I have an odd feeling that some women are about to come forward accusing him of some awful stuff. Enough to get him to resign. But that's my own, personal belief. Who really knows.

I just can't see Gutierrez wanting to be Captain of the SS Sinking Ship aka Mayor of Chicago. Anyone who wants that job ought to have their head examined.

Something is brewing in DC and in the Eastern District of VA. Something like 4,289 criminal cases have been filed under seal over the past month or so, post-Manafort/Gates indictments, with several in the Northern District of Illinois. This is a highly irregular amount of cases under seal, as the amount for the entire year of 2006 was just over 1000. Now the MSM is starting to attack Mueller, which makes me wonder what he found that doesn't fit their agenda so they feel compelled to discredit him (story on his handling of the Hatfill anthrax case, other stuff about how he tried to evade responsibility in general). I'd LIKE to think Gutierrez and many other politicians are implicated in some RICO scheme. Only time will tell.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#23 Mick G

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

I would say from personal experience that is 100% true. I was rear-ended by one at 6300 N Central while sitting at a red light waiting for a train to pass. The first thing the guy does was start running around screaming "Don't call the police Bro!". That's usually a good sign to call the police so I did. Long story short after the exchange of info it turns out the Camry this guy is driving is owned by another M.E., he has 10 of them and this guy rents from him. Basically the second guy is running his own unlicensed cab company.

That being said the way it works is if they are not on the "app" they have to have insurance like you or I but it's usually some cheapo fly by night one that you might see on TV. If they are on the "app", well then it just gets really stupid. They have a company called James River Insurance, you or your insurance company can only file a claim online and they aren't known for any paying claims or answering calls or Emails. This guys "fares" got out and ran (I called a CPD officer that I know so they actually came sirens blazing) and the Uber driver claimed he wasn't on the "app". The crash report buried him BUT if you decent insurance they will just subrogate because the second anybody who has "normal" insurance and they hear James River the response is "Oh Boy". The problem is he changed his story that he was on the "app", which he was.

Basically I got into it with my insurance who wanted me to take to their in network body shop which is like 12 miles away. Being that it was a German car that had like 5000 miles on it and I bought it a few miles from my house I wanted it fixed by the body shop they recommended. Nothing like having your new car hit pretty hard while you are waiting for a train. There was a $900 difference between what the "in network" shop and the place that fixes all of the high end cars estimates so I end up fighting with my insurance company that I had for 30 years. Anyway my car is fixed, you couldn't see any difference in the paint if I pointed it out to you and now I have Chubb.

I'm all for the person who wants to be a Uber driver in their own car. When you have a bunch of foreign people who know how to game the system, the drivers MIGHT be here legally (Sanctuary City) but have names that are unpronounceable (that's right from the cops mouth who filled out crash report - SPELL your name, now SPELL the name of the owner of the car), know that unless you pull some strings that in Chicago the cops aren't coming to the scene unless you claim an injury so they start taking photos with their phone, are generally not paying attention to their driving, mostly their phone and in the end it becomes a huge nightmare then I honestly have to say that the whole rideshare system needs to be overhauled.

This whole claim process took a month. I was rear-ended on the 2nd of the month, had my car estimated by my insurance companies body shop on the 4th, thought "this place is NEVER going match the paint on my new car", went to the dealer who sold me the car and got their recommended body shop, took it there and they got under the car and said "you have damage underneath that's not on the estimate", fought with my insurance until they decided to send out a 3rd party Property Damage Appraiser who stated "Please see gap photos, possible hidden damage" and then only then did my insurance OK my body shop. It took 3 days to fix and paint and then I told my agent, "I have been paying this insurance company since I was 16 and they are treating my like dirt because they have to subrogate with a company that's the bottom of the barrel. They were a great insurance company 30 years ago but who is the best now? That turned out to be Chubb. Expensive? Yes but they actually sent somebody out to inspect my properties and look at my vehicles. They even looked at my GSDs pedigree to make sure that there was no Pit-Bull or Rottweiler in her which was pretty stupid but that actually lowered the price of my homeowners and umbrella policy.

Am I Ethnic Profiling?

NO, this actually happened to me and I was pretty much on the phone about this for almost a month and running around for a few days. In the mean time I got to drive around a smashed up new car. I swear to you I could try and pronounce the names and there would be NO way you could even come close to spelling them correctly. This isn't some person who uses their own car to drive for Uber. These people have figured it costs less to buy 10 Camry's and run them 24/7 for far less then what a Taxi Medallion would cost. Uber has become an unlicensed taxi company that has an insurance company that doesn't pay out claims. If your insurance company doesn't pay claims then technically aren't you uninsured? You should Google James River Insurance and look at all of the glowing one star reviews. Even the "regular" Uber drivers get the shaft.

The moral? Don't ever get hit by an Uber driver when they on the "app".   What a NIGHTMARE!

#24 Mick G

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

Rumor is he is going to leave early, so this guy finishes out Rhams term..does he run or use it for a bounce to get in the running as a replacement for Dick?

Rahm will end up being part of Pritzkers lackeys. They are BESTYS. The next mayor of Chicago will be Hispanic. Rahm would have to be stupid to even try and get re-elected. He's done and knows it.

#25 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,469 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

I think he's planning on being King of Puerto Rico

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#26 jim123

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

I would say from personal experience that is 100% true. I was rear-ended by one at 6300 N Central while sitting at a red light waiting for a train to pass. The first thing the guy does was start running around screaming "Don't call the police Bro!". That's usually a good sign to call the police so I did. Long story short after the exchange of info it turns out the Camry this guy is driving is owned by another M.E., he has 10 of them and this guy rents from him. Basically the second guy is running his own unlicensed cab company.

That being said the way it works is if they are not on the "app" they have to have insurance like you or I but it's usually some cheapo fly by night one that you might see on TV. If they are on the "app", well then it just gets really stupid. They have a company called James River Insurance, you or your insurance company can only file a claim online and they aren't known for any paying claims or answering calls or Emails. This guys "fares" got out and ran (I called a CPD officer that I know so they actually came sirens blazing) and the Uber driver claimed he wasn't on the "app". The crash report buried him BUT if you decent insurance they will just subrogate because the second anybody who has "normal" insurance and they hear James River the response is "Oh Boy". The problem is he changed his story that he was on the "app", which he was.

Basically I got into it with my insurance who wanted me to take to their in network body shop which is like 12 miles away. Being that it was a German car that had like 5000 miles on it and I bought it a few miles from my house I wanted it fixed by the body shop they recommended. Nothing like having your new car hit pretty hard while you are waiting for a train. There was a $900 difference between what the "in network" shop and the place that fixes all of the high end cars estimates so I end up fighting with my insurance company that I had for 30 years. Anyway my car is fixed, you couldn't see any difference in the paint if I pointed it out to you and now I have Chubb.

I'm all for the person who wants to be a Uber driver in their own car. When you have a bunch of foreign people who know how to game the system, the drivers MIGHT be here legally (Sanctuary City) but have names that are unpronounceable (that's right from the cops mouth who filled out crash report - SPELL your name, now SPELL the name of the owner of the car), know that unless you pull some strings that in Chicago the cops aren't coming to the scene unless you claim an injury so they start taking photos with their phone, are generally not paying attention to their driving, mostly their phone and in the end it becomes a huge nightmare then I honestly have to say that the whole rideshare system needs to be overhauled.

This whole claim process took a month. I was rear-ended on the 2nd of the month, had my car estimated by my insurance companies body shop on the 4th, thought "this place is NEVER going match the paint on my new car", went to the dealer who sold me the car and got their recommended body shop, took it there and they got under the car and said "you have damage underneath that's not on the estimate", fought with my insurance until they decided to send out a 3rd party Property Damage Appraiser who stated "Please see gap photos, possible hidden damage" and then only then did my insurance OK my body shop. It took 3 days to fix and paint and then I told my agent, "I have been paying this insurance company since I was 16 and they are treating my like dirt because they have to subrogate with a company that's the bottom of the barrel. They were a great insurance company 30 years ago but who is the best now? That turned out to be Chubb. Expensive? Yes but they actually sent somebody out to inspect my properties and look at my vehicles. They even looked at my GSDs pedigree to make sure that there was no Pit-Bull or Rottweiler in her which was pretty stupid but that actually lowered the price of my homeowners and umbrella policy.

Am I Ethnic Profiling?

NO, this actually happened to me and I was pretty much on the phone about this for almost a month and running around for a few days. In the mean time I got to drive around a smashed up new car. I swear to you I could try and pronounce the names and there would be NO way you could even come close to spelling them correctly. This isn't some person who uses their own car to drive for Uber. These people have figured it costs less to buy 10 Camry's and run them 24/7 for far less then what a Taxi Medallion would cost. Uber has become an unlicensed taxi company that has an insurance company that doesn't pay out claims. If your insurance company doesn't pay claims then technically aren't you uninsured? You should Google James River Insurance and look at all of the glowing one star reviews. Even the "regular" Uber drivers get the shaft.

The moral? Don't ever get hit by an Uber driver when they on the "app".   What a NIGHTMARE!

Also, smash you car? Take to Arthur!

#27 Mick G

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

It wasn't quite that bad but if it was I would still be in the hospital. My mistake is I tried to make it as easy as possible for my insurance company, they took advantage of that and tried to screw me. They knew that they had to subrogate with an insurance company that is infamous for NOT paying claims. In all seriousness Google James River Insurance reviews and look at the whopping 1.5 star rating they have on Google and Yelp.

If my car was a few years older at the time maybe I wouldn't care about my old insurance companies body shop filling the foam with Great Stuff and using some Made in Taiwan bumper. I checked some PDF files on my computer and my car had 4621 miles on it. To say I was mad is an understatement. I have seen bad bodywork (paint matching that isn't even close) and said no, they aren't going to half ars this.

That's one of the cool things about Chubb. They insist on using FACTORY body parts. They wont even let a body shop use OEM aftermarket parts, even Arthur would have had to use BMW parts. Plus they only have a few body shops that they work with. Those body shops will only deal with 3 or 4 insurance companies and do not accept public or walk in business.

Believe me if this had happened in a suburb by me, they probably would have towed the Camry and turned the driver over to ICE. It's another reason to "love" the whole sanctuary city BS. The cop who wrote out the report was named Murphy and I even said, How do you even know if this guy is legal? He replied: "I don't but all I can do is write down the info on his drivers license."

The moral is if you get into an accident with an Uber that's on the "App" get ready for some serious aggravation.

Two glowing reviews of Ubers insurance:

"Someone from Uber ran into my house recently. I had video, 3 eye witnesses, and even recorded the plates. The police found her guilty of hit and run....but James River Insurance Still denied my claim!! I have video showing what happened, I don't understand how that can be denied."

"LOWEST OF THE LOW. Hit by an Uber driver on my bicycle. Nearly killed. Driver admitted fault and these scum denied the claim. Figuring out how to file a class action criminal suit."

Once again if they don't pay claims then how are Uber drivers considered to actually be insured? I seriously doubt they have settled with my old insurance company but I really don't care. I'm just glad I wasn't hurt.

#28 Mick G

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

I think he's planning on being King of Puerto Rico

Actually on the news they said he might run for President of the USA. I know he has been arrested at least 4 times. Isn't that a disqualifier?

That's actually a funny but I think he would be "Darted" if he tried to get a CCL.

#29 sctman800

• Members
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:29 AM

Just saw on FOX news he is running for president.   Jim.

Kristofferson wrote it and Janis sang it "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

#30 Mick G

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:10 AM

Just saw on FOX news he is running for president.   Jim.

They were pretty much saying that yesterday.

He has serious delusions of grandeur.

Maybe in 20 years but not yet, most Mexicans are not big fans but the PRs love him.

There was a Mexican woman on the news that was saying "What has he done for the MEXICANS?"

I never cared for his chaining himself to things to get his point across, too much showboating from his city council days.

He's the reason they make pepper spray.

Chain yourself to something and see how long you last after you get a face full of OC.

If he runs, he'll be one of the first ones to drop out.