BE0Bxqt.jpg
REQRY12.jpg

#2 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

P5SxhfO.jpg
kPGKPxV.jpg

There’s a lot here, I gotta save it offline because only allowed 10 accesses of the files before it locks it looks like

#3 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:59 AM

IcLb9WH.jpg
Oiv3y80.jpg
C6SUtqJ.jpg

Gonna upload it to Dropbox so it can be viewed

#4 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

Entire file

https://www.dropbox....ted-LW.pdf?dl=0

Edited by steveTA84, 22 June 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,157 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

Thank you!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:44 AM

Thank you!

Hopefully it proves useful

#7 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,157 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

Reading through it will take a bit!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#8 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

Reading through it will take a bit!!

Starting on page 55 will save lots of time lol

#9 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

Thank you!

THANKS

Now on to reading this thing.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#10 InterestedBystander

• 6,593 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Thank you!

THANKS

Now on to reading this thing.

Yes, thanks for getting this. I look forward to setting aside some time for review but I anticipate it to generate more questions than answers.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#11 InterestedBystander

• 6,593 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

Looking through this a bit at a time. I noticed the label is FSB Reference Manual 1 of 2 redacted...Is there a manual 2 included later in this? I did not see it on a quick scan.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#12 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:45 AM

^^^^

That’s all that was provided

#13 InterestedBystander

• 6,593 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

^^^^
Thats all that was provided

Thanks.
First scan through did raise more questions. Thinking of how to best compose and perhaps submit in the hopes of more data.

Some initial read thoughts/observations/impressions:

They talk much of QA and QC, providing high quality in a timely manner and frequent audits. I wonder what discussions are occuring given the current state.

It indicates LE objection window is in first 30 days after app submission yet we hear from Molly it can occur anytime after the BG check complete.

Apps, e-mail and other data are sorted into 5 or 6 different in-boxes. I wonder how those are worked as little on the actual makeup of the FSB was discussed.

The Appriss (software subcontractor) system is mentioned but I cant tell if it is as large a part of the process as I previously thought.

Apoarently the Firearm Analyst Technician does a lot more external searching, contacting external entities, reviewing judge notes, local court sites, etc than I expected. However if none of those flags come back on initial database inquiries, I still dont see the 90/120+ day thing and how long it should take for someone with no indicators as it seems it should be much less...are they just sitting in a wait queue most of that time?

It was interesting to see what was necessary to move to the QC verified status. But no discussion on the other sub status we know exists.

Likewise good to see the rules for matching data to the SOS office. Now we can confirm a DO NOT DENY for hair color and weight variations and when name/address subtle differences should be allowed.

There is a dedicated call center department. New hires have a 9 week rotation spending 1 to 2 weeks in each department.

They do keep FTIP history and provide that data to requesting LE. Supposedly under certain conditions/investigations otherwise the requests are denied.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 23 June 2019 - 11:19 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#14 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:41 AM

^^^

It also looks like IL has had a hush hush red flag law in place for years

#15 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

I missed this part. Part 2 (it wasn’t the manual). These are the outside vendors involved in FOID/CCL

uS91QRG.jpg

#16 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

I missed this part. Part 2 (it wasn’t the manual). These are the outside vendors involved in FOID/CCL uS91QRG.jpg

THrq4k1.jpg

#17 InterestedBystander

• 6,593 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

JetPay = credit card processing

IdentiSys = Card printing...printing equipment and software. I always assumed printing was all done inhouse and not outsourced but now I kind of wonder

Appriss is a known software vendor having done CCL applications in other states. Still seems crazy to me though that ISP let the domain name be registered to Appriss leaving them with no control should things go sour.

As for Computer Projects, a web search revealed...Computer Projects of Illinois, Inc. (CPI) is the only information sharing solutions provider dedicated to law enforcement professionals. Having served the industry for over 30 years, our team has unmatched experience and passion for creating useful, innovative products designed to increase public safety and prevent dangerous situations. We believe software can help save lives, which is why we deliver the best solutions. Period.

30 States
(with more actively joining)

8 Federal Agencies
(Including Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Justice, and U.S. Army)

Over Half of U.S. Law Enforcement Users
(Including federal, state, and local agencies)

Edited by InterestedBystander, 23 June 2019 - 11:39 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#18 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

^^^
Thanks for digging :)

#19 steveTA84

• 4,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

Pointed out in another forum

The PDF document dump shows potential for additional FOIA research. Page 92 mentions Findings Information Reports (FIR) as being created for individuals being wrongly denied, revoked, or approved; or revoked or denied for the wrong reason. They can redact the personal information, but it might be interesting to know how many times this happens and why. If they follow their process on the next page, they'll have already done that, by generating Quality Issue Reports (QIR). The FIRs and QIRs are required to be documents on a shared drive, so they ought to at least be able to count them quickly. An abundance of FIRs and/or a smaller number of open QIRs (they're required to be reviewed and closed) referencing FIRs (because QIRs are also used for other noncompliances) for wrongful revocation/denial might help the case against the FOID. We could also check out the training audits and corrective action plans mentioned on page 203, but the FIRs and QIRs referencing FIRs are the most interesting thing I found.

I think hes on to something

Edited by steveTA84, 24 June 2019 - 11:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users