Now they are gonna screw up Target

Tvandermyde

*** This helps no one. It just makes little boys feel like men. ***

===================================================

The Bloomberg-funded group aims to take advantage of the rift between the gun rights groups.

The National Rifle Association last week warned Open Carry Texas against staging demonstrations in stores, calling them “downright weird” and “not neighborly.”

“We’re surprised that Target hasn’t already taken action to prohibit these displays — especially since the NRA has already spoken out on this front,” Ms. Soto Lamb said.

Target, which boasts on its website that between 80% and 90% of its customers are women, has no restrictions on customers carrying guns in its stores. Spokeswoman Molly Snyder said Tuesday that Target has not been in contact with Moms Demand Action.

Didn't California have open carry until a bunch of folks like this started oc rallies! That didn't go as planned!

when California banned the open carry of handguns open carriers responded by having rallies where they openly carried long guns resulting in the ban of the open.carry of long guns and opening the door to the successful Peruta case so the open carriers were indirectly responsible for the Peruta case since it was no longer moot due to the banning of unlicensed carry.

Like I said before. Stupid publicity stunts are not helpful to gun rights advocates. These Texas open carry guys are totally irresponsible and are giving the Bloomberg/Feinstein brigade ammo to cause rifts and split us up. Scaring a bunch of old ladies shopping at Target was gonna accomplish what exactly? I sure hope someone can clean up this mess.

Does anybody else think that this is fairly typical with the only difference being increased spin by the anti's? A campaign aimed at fracturing the gun rights community? Read anyone of the ten threads now about OC and see how effective they are.

I think the OC guys were looking for a clash, and so were the MDA folks. They have found it and it will set us back. Stupid.

Didn't California have open carry until a bunch of folks like this started oc rallies! That didn't go as planned!

Governor Reagan ended open carry in California. He was afraid of the blacks.

Reagan didn't introduce the bill, (Don Mulford, a Republican from the Bay area did), but he did sign it.

please to not scare the women, children and the horses ...

I always thought gun owners were the good guys, ones who went out of their way to not cause other people trouble

This whole situation is far more troubling to those of us that support and practice open carry than those who don't.

I hope to eventually see open carry legal in Illinois.

Obviously this Texas thing is pushing that timeline back.

There are those here that oppose open carry as much as the antis. This is not the time to gloat. You're privilege of concealed carry has its foundation in the right to open carry.

Open carry needs your support.

I am part of the 10 - 20 % of men that go to Target. My wife and I like shopping there together, and some of my family works at the local one. I certainly hope they stay neutral, and the open carry idiots take a chill pill.

We often shop at Target as well. I certainly hope the OC folks don't mess this up for the rest of us at another place! After at least 5 chains in the last year have responded by telling people "firearms aren't welcome in our stores", folks should get the hint that this is not an effective way to get open carry passed!

I listened to oral arguments in Woollard again and one of the things Judges King and Davis said is "You can carry a a long gun, you can carry a shotgun down the street, for any reason or no reason"

Alan Gura responded "A long gun is not an arm that people would expect to ordinarily use for traditional self defense purposes down the street.. Nobody carries a shotgun around to defend themselves against a mugger." To which Judge Diaz replied "Well after this, they might." Alan Gura replied "That may be something the state is inviting and they may not like the results."

This whole situation is far more troubling to those of us that support and practice open carry than those who don't. I hope to eventually see open carry legal in Illinois. Obviously this Texas thing is pushing that timeline back. There are those here that oppose open carry as much as the antis. This is not the time to gloat. You're privilege of concealed carry has its foundation in the right to open carry. Open carry needs your support.

The OC people are selfish and don't give a damn about the rest of us and we need to figure out how to tamp them down before some legislator gets an idea that hurts all of us.

Archived