New Mexico county becomes Second Amendment Sanctuary in protest of gun control legislation

Craigcelia

I know there is not a level comparison between a sanctuary city in defiance of immigration law and a sanctuary county in defiance of unconstitutional law which violate the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, but the one thing they have in common is that they abandon the rule of law and reject the process we have to establish law.

Whatever law a group disagrees with - this practice of declaring a "sanctuary" against it is just a way of declaring that law and the processes of collectively creating law as a society will not be in effect, that the only thing that will determine how any particular area is governed is power and force.

No matter where in the political spectrum you are or what issue it centers around, it is a corrosive practice that undermines the very structure of our civilization.

I've been listening to Cam and company from NRA news. His show is 30 min now and can be downloaded alot of good info.. Anyhow, hes had a few Sheriffs on from New Mexico and they are not happy. The hearings have been packed with Sheriffs and pro gun citizen. The legislators on the committee are not even listening and/or cutting them off, and passing the bills. Sheriffs have said, they will not enforce the laws. Its going on all over the USA and Bloomberg is deeply involved. Sad to say , this will be happening in Illinois.

I know there is not a level comparison between a sanctuary city in defiance of immigration law and a sanctuary county in defiance of unconstitutional law which violate the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, but the one thing they have in common is that they abandon the rule of law and reject the process we have to establish law.

Whatever law a group disagrees with - this practice of declaring a "sanctuary" against it is just a way of declaring that law and the processes of collectively creating law as a society will not be in effect, that the only thing that will determine how any particular area is governed is power and force.

No matter where in the political spectrum you are or what issue it centers around, it is a corrosive practice that undermines the very structure of our civilization.

Thing is, the gun laws violate our Constitution, so the question arises in my mind is ; are the laws valid? I remember in the Army we were told we didn't have to obey an unlawful order. We weren't told what was unlawful. Guess we were supposed to know.

I have to agree.

In regards to immigration, sanctuary cities are directly violating legitimate immigration laws.

In regards to guns, santuary counties are just saying they will not obey an unconstitutional mandate. An unconstitutional 'law' is not a law at all and does not need to be followed.

Huge difference.

Boom. Think how differently the 60s would have been if police, prosecutors, and judges had done the same in the South.

"Snip"

Agreed. This defiance of enacted laws and indeed the entire process by which we make laws in the US only pushes the current Cold Civil War closer to becoming a Hot Civil War. We have groups of people who do not recognize anyone other than themselves as being fit to govern and we are polarizing the populace to take sides....Liberals don't recognize the elected President and Conservatives loathe the Liberals and are lumping all opposition into the camp of Communists and paving the way for hate campaigns against them.

This is not gonna end well if we don't find a Way.

VooDoo

"Snip"

Agreed. This defiance of enacted laws and indeed the entire process by which we make laws in the US only pushes the current Cold Civil War closer to becoming a Hot Civil War. We have groups of people who do not recognize anyone other than themselves as being fit to govern and we are polarizing the populace to take sides....Liberals don't recognize the elected President and Conservatives loathe the Liberals and are lumping all opposition into the camp of Communists and paving the way for hate campaigns against them.

VooDoo

You are correct. It doesnt help and both sides are starting to identify each other as the extreme. thats why I have stopped used the term liberal when describing leftists. I know for a fact you are a liberal, and I would stand next to you fighting for our rights. Youre no communist and just as hardcore about the 2A as I am

"Snip"

VooDoo

As a Conservative I do agree that liberals are getting lumped into the same camp as the commies. I also notice the liberals ( and commies ) lumping me and fellow Conservatives into the same camp as the KKK, Nazis, etc. The divide is getting wider for sure. As far as paving the way to hate campaigns against opposing sides go you're correct but let's not forget Conservatives aren't the ones attacking people because of the hat they wear, punching people in the face at campuses, blocking roads and attacking drivers, getting in peoples face and screeching ( leftist/ liberal Maxine Waters promotes this ), declaring all who disagree have no free speech rights, burning American flags, etc, etc, etc. I realize that not all liberals / leftists / commies act like this, not by a long shot. these antics that were once carried out exclusively by the coward mask wearing filth known as Antifa seem to be being pulled off more and more by average non Antifa leftists. the goof pulling a gun on people at Sam's Club for wearing Trump hats and the thug punching another guy in the face for handing out literature on campus come to mind. Youtube is loaded with videos of such things. from my perspective I see one side using a lot more violence and doing more paving than the other. and I 100% agree this isn't going to end well if we don't find a way but finding a way seems more impossible each day.

I think it's our Culture that is making people break down and murder their classmates and friends, coworkers, and neighbor....fellow citizens seem to be taking the blame and punishment when our Culture destroys their ability to reason and cope. Simple minded and ignorant people blame the tools - the guns - for this breakdown but certainly anyone who is sick enough to walk into a school or workplace and start murdering innocents is far beyond taking their tools away and making these places safe.

Americans and Illinois Citizens need to compromise to heal and we certainly will not gain any ground nor enlist the aid of people we alienate. America needs to come together against our antagonists and oppressors yet we are being divided by our Government and Media so that we hate each other instead of addressing the threat(s) to our Republic. This was predicted by The Founders of our Constitution. It's why the Second Amendment exists.....a disarmed free citizen is a slave to be forced because he cannot defend his Rights.

Our Culture is sick and divided. This sickness is "breaking" people who then commit suicide by going on a rampage and striking out at innocents in one last vain attempt to get someone to hear and see them and their pain. Take the guns and enslave Free Citizens and we will only exacerbate and accelerate pushing people over the edge.

And, yeah, I'm a gun owning Liberal. We aren't all communists and, in my experience, Liberals are not Antis. 30% of the gun owners in America are Liberals (not to be confused with Communists or whatever) and we want to protect our Rights to Keep and Bear but cannot join ranks of the Republicans because they support destroying our Republic and our Rights from the other end of the spectrum. I have no Representation - that's why I'm here. A law abiding, tax paying Citizen of the State of Illinois who owns guns and loves this State and my Country but has no credible representation at a State nor Federal level.

I'm not a Troll.

VooDoo

I think it's our Culture that is making people break down and murder their classmates and friends, coworkers, and neighbor....fellow citizens seem to be taking the blame and punishment when our Culture destroys their ability to reason and cope. Simple minded and ignorant people blame the tools - the guns - for this breakdown but certainly anyone who is sick enough to walk into a school or workplace and start murdering innocents is far beyond taking their tools away and making these places safe.

Americans and Illinois Citizens need to compromise to heal and we certainly will not gain any ground nor enlist the aid of people we alienate. America needs to come together against our antagonists and oppressors yet we are being divided by our Government and Media so that we hate each other instead of addressing the threat(s) to our Republic. This was predicted by The Founders of our Constitution. It's why the Second Amendment exists.....a disarmed free citizen is a slave to be forced because he cannot defend his Rights.

Our Culture is sick and divided. This sickness is "breaking" people who then commit suicide by going on a rampage and striking out at innocents in one last vain attempt to get someone to hear and see them and their pain. Take the guns and enslave Free Citizens and we will only exacerbate and accelerate pushing people over the edge.

And, yeah, I'm a gun owning Liberal. We aren't all communists and, in my experience, Liberals are not Antis. 30% of the gun owners in America are Liberals (not to be confused with Communists or whatever) and we want to protect our Rights to Keep and Bear but cannot join ranks of the Republicans because they support destroying our Republic and our Rights from the other end of the spectrum. I have no Representation - that's why I'm here. A law abiding, tax paying Citizen of the State of Illinois who owns guns and loves this State and my Country but has no credible representation at a State nor Federal level.

I'm not a Troll.

VooDoo

From reading many of your posts around the topics over time I think you're far more LIBERTARIAN than liberal. or far more "classical" liberal ( libertarian ) and not what would be considered a modern liberal that wants everyone to follow cradle to grave government rules regulating every aspect of life. Your previous posts suggest you want to be left to do your thing while everyone else does theirs. you may be putting yourself in the wrong category when you say you're a liberal. just MHO.

"we want to protect our Rights to Keep and Bear but cannot join ranks of the Republicans because they support destroying our Republic and our Rights from the other end of the spectrum"?

You have joined the ranks and vote for the people who want to take away your rights on behalf of billionaires and want to disarm you. What do you expect? Keep voting Democrat.

It's the Democrats destroying are Republic and our rights, Republicans defend our Republic and our rights.

I keep hearing its not the liberals its the extremists that are the 'problem'..... not so long ago the liberals were the extremists and they were the 'problem'..... so just because someone has become MORE extreme than the liberals doesnt make the liberals less extreme...... if you dont find them to be a 'problem' then maybe you have slid more to the left and are part of the 'problem' as well.

its not acceptable to say because one group only wants partial control rather than total control then they are less objectionable

If only it were this simple. We get two choices - Democrat or Republican. Neither is pro America. Both are pro Establishment and pro Corporate and pro Oligarchy having been paid and controlled by Billionaires who want our resources (money and property) and will disarm US and then fleece US (as is documented in history over and over again) and finally enslave and kill US when they have assimilated our "stuff".

You say potato. I say potatoe. We are all doomed when they disarm US and suspend the Constitution. And they are doing this as we argue about semantics. I'm a registered Republican who has owned and operated businesses that put my employees children thru college and and bought homes and provided retirement money. But tests prove I'm a Liberal and I am a teacher and a mentor and a nurturing and supportive individual.

Folks think I'm weak because I am loving and nurturing and protective of the poor and powerless. But I lived in a car in 1979 ( I was homeless before they had a word for it) and rose to own two Corporations and employ, feed, and nurture dozens. I have worked 3 jobs at a time and paid my taxes and abide by the law. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps but that option has been usurped by Billionaire Oligarchs. They want your property and they want your money....they have it all and they want more. More money. More control. They are Democrats. They are Republicans.

First they will disarm US and then they will enslave US. And finally they will kill US when they have all our resources.

Be you a Republican or a Democrat - Liberal or Conservative - Black or White or Brown or Yellow or Red or Purple - Gay or Straight - say yes or no - vote 1 or 0. We are to be controlled by the Global Oligarchy and assimilated by first being disarmed and then enslaved/murdered. Read a history book.

Stop being divided and cataloged. We all need to join forces and resist the Oligarchy. Then we can go back to hating each other.

VooDoo

America, to me, is like a game of Monopoly that is at the End Game. Ever play Monopoly? Sure you have....at the end of a game 1 person owns all of the property and the Bank and has all of the cash and owns all of the Utilities but the other 6 players get *just* enough cash when they pass/go to keep them going another 8 minutes. They all know they can't win...we all know who the winner will be as he assimilates the bank and owns the whole game.

This is America in the 21st century. .01% own *all* of the resources and the other 99.99% are done. We will not win. We do not have the financial resources to compete. We have lost. Someone owns the board.

Only this is not a game. My family, your family, our children and parents and siblings need health care and money for food and housing and education and heat and cars and.....this is not a game. All of the resources are owned and controlled by people who have never worked a day in their lives. Never dug a hole...never went to work when they were too sick to function or a member of the family had died. The Oligarchs, the Rich and the Powerful, want all your stuff and money. If yer family dies or suffers it means nothing so long as a CEO of a major drug company clears millions in personal profit and pays zero tax because they paid your Senator or Representative millions last year to assure that new tax laws exempted them. Citizens United = Legalized Bribery. They have purchased/bribed our Representation. All legal. All Constitutional.

Get a clue. We are owned and will be disarmed and fleeced and murdered by the Oligarchy and it's not yer Liberal neighbors fault. It's not Antifa nor Anti Antifa...it's not Fascists, it's not Republicans. It's not Democrats and it's not Liberals,,,it's not Nazis and it's not hard to understand. The Global Oligarchy and The Filthy Rich want to end the Monopoly Game as they have for millennia. It's *all* their stuff as soon as they separate/divide all of US Serfs against each other.

Which they have effectively done judging by recent events and the current cold civil war.

Stop being ignorant and read a little...start with history books. Please. I'm begging ya.

VooDoo

Archived